Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 01:43 PM   #1801
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXV - The Wine In Front Of Me - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
why haven't we stopped talking about the PRs yet?
we need to do that
it literally doesn't matter what the last PR is because they will out if they ever have anything useful or if they're getting pushed on
game theory stuff about what you think the last PR is is only going to help the wolves find the last PR since they already know which role it is
so
STOP
If I'm the vigi, I'mm-a shoot thesunfan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:43 PM   #1802
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

roundbox is a pretty leveled player in general, so I don't have the best advice for reading him

you should look at his reads to see how objective they are, this is something I realized recently

while he does excel at trying to be townie when he is a wolf, he doesn't quite have reads that are on par with his reads when he is town

similar to raeko they both make creative reads that no one else seems to have as both alignments, but with roundbox they still have to push an agenda

I do think he fell into the "phase is being dominated by certain players and its unfun" hole yesterday regardless of his alignment, but looking at his longer lists of reads is something I'm going to be spending time on today

I do think it looks good for raeko to ping him out like that btw, I wasn't squealing like a little girl like Shado probably was when he saw it but was a townie thought
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 03-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #1803
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

So if I read Haku right, he's calling me a wolf because I nitpicked at him slightly while being playful?

...And apparently talking to Lito early about what's in the game was a wolf faking progression?

SEE, I knew this was going to happen as soon as I saw Lito do it too. I EVEN MENTIONED THAT'S SOMETHING A WOLF CAN DO SINCE THEY KNOW THE SETUP.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:46 PM   #1804
thesunfan
Role Tide

if you knew it was going to happen why did you do it Chair?
smh
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 03-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #1805
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
if you knew it was going to happen why did you do it Chair?
smh
Because at that point in time, it was harmless shower thoughts!!!

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #1806
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
it was the point of no return because we had already spent about 10 pages talking about how sure we were that one another was a wolf, and while I do think it was not the greatest thing now, I do think that lynching within those two players is usually the right thing to do on d0. We were not going to stop trying to kill one another unless we had no other options but to kill someone else, and I think we both knew that when we were interacting the night when I exploded.

Litodude doesn't play off of reads except when he does

he kept his vote on me all through yesterday like a donkey because in my first post I said I wasn't going to post all that much that night and, in his opinion, I ended up posting a lot, and that was a lie, and townies should never lie, which is the old school philosophy of "Lynch all Liars."

Basically, the fact that I got into the game and was having fun despite saying I wasn't going to post all that much is wolfy because it was a "lie"

I'd call it a white lie but I'm not exactly sure what to call it. I probably should've known that I was going to get into the game but I really did go into the thread to try not to post that much that night.
About the point of no return / better thing to do, I'll have to disagree. I don't have as much experience as most of you, but most heated arguments I've seen develop D0 are TvT. Wolves won't want to single themselves out in a thunderdome like that because they're trading themselves for one town. That same stubbornness is what got me off AA last game, and I think him seeing me question and develop other reads helped him townread me as well. Before that, me and Raeko got fed up with each other in the same game. In CLIX, Gradi/Freezin, me/Freezin, me/MML, and me/inD all dominated multiple pages of arguing. All TvT. I think it takes a really confident wolf to enter a heated thunderdome D0. They've gotta be pretty shre they can mislynch the other person or make them look bad or at least come out of it looking better than them, AND have to avoid people being so sure it's W/T that it causes them to get caught the next day.

Thinking about it now, that's more likely from you than from him. Also, I really don't think "spending 10 pages talking about how sure you are" means you can't change your mind or refocus. I also think you know that, though. I'd ask "why were you so concerned with your image that you thought there no return?", but that's a loaded question and may not be inherently true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 03-14-2017, 01:58 PM   #1807
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrapatior View Post
WHOOPS LMAO
I'm choof on my tgb account brb
TWG bruh this ain't no garbage bin!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #1808
thesunfan
Role Tide

why do you think AA didn't back off for as long as he did?
its because you should resolve the thunderdome because it is likely to continue being a thunderdome that needs to be resolved
it just didn't happen this time
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:02 PM   #1809
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Lmao @squealing
I feel like I'm always saying this but I just wanted her to post more. Pinging roundbox is good, but well within Raeko's range as either alignment. Hence my very next post only slightly adjusting her alignment for that post for the original thought of pinging roundbox.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:03 PM   #1810
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

@squealing
Literally smh irl 🙆
[emoji14]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #1811
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
why do you think AA didn't back off for as long as he did?
its because you should resolve the thunderdome because it is likely to continue being a thunderdome that needs to be resolved
it just didn't happen this time
You resolve thunderdomes by considering other worlds and weighing them against the tunnel you're in. OR by tunneling until one of you is dead.
Idk about you but I think the first option is a lot more protown

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #1812
thesunfan
Role Tide

a thunderdome means you're not considering other shit
because you're in a thunderdome
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #1813
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
most heated arguments I've seen develop D0 are TvT. Wolves won't want to single themselves out in a thunderdome like that because they're trading themselves for one town.
Eh, look at what happened to Tokzic and Lightknight this game. They didn't interact with people too much and were trying to avoid attention, which only brought more suspicion onto them, and they both ended up on the chopping block.

A wolf singling themselves out in a thunderdome could be a way to set up their towniness in the future. and because avoiding the spotlight entirely is usually seen as suspicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 03-14-2017, 02:24 PM   #1814
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
Eh, look at what happened to Tokzic and Lightknight this game. They didn't interact with people too much and were trying to avoid attention, which only brought more suspicion onto them, and they both ended up on the chopping block.

A wolf singling themselves out in a thunderdome could be a way to set up their towniness in the future. and because avoiding the spotlight entirely is usually seen as suspicious
that's more of a rando d0 lynch than anything, imo
those kinds of lynches aren't as likely to happen later on
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #1815
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post

What kind of wolf characteristics would you call that, if not exactly the kind of wolf I described getting in a thunderdome?

Tokzic and lightknight had reprehensibly low post counts. Tokzic made like five posts that could be inferred to apply to the game, and lightknight was also at single digits until EoD. They were focused on evading a nightkill and didn't comprehend how they could get lynched as a result. Lightknight did a better job of this by claiming and hoping for JK, but still.

Having singledigit posts and being in a thunderdome are not the only two options, and I said "most" about the protracted heated arguments.

My point stands. Yes, what you said "could be", but I'd already covered that possibility.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #1816
thesunfan
Role Tide

idk if Nakah was hoping for a jk but your post is aite other than that
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #1817
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Anyways, without going too deep into a tangential argument about typical wolves and their hypothetical behaviors, I don't think there's such a thing as "the point of no return" in reads because considering other worlds could change your mind at any time, even in a tunnel.
Sunfan said it twice yesterday, which is why I brought it up. It's a minor point, but its not the best look 'cause it indicates that he was letting his thread image impact his reads.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #1818
thesunfan
Role Tide

the point of no return def exists, especially on d0 where there is the least amount of information
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #1819
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Ehhh, I guess I can agree insofar as there isn't anything else in thread that stands out, no players to explore, little information, and constantly having to respond to each other. But I wouldn't say that was true of yesterday.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #1820
thesunfan
Role Tide

I felt like his case on me was shit tier and I didn't want anyone else lynched because I wanted exactly him lynched because of how bad it was
seems like I don't have gravitas after all
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread