Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default OWA's Pre-Official Tourney Tourney

Surprisingly I don't have any work tonight so let's start a tourney...minus any weird or complex gimmicks on a per round basis so I won't lose motivation and quit updating altogether.

Wanna get your chops in shape for the upcoming official? Get in here. Quick tournament, should last about a month in length. Sign-ups begin now until the end of Round 1 (September 25th). There will be four divisions. Choose your division in your sign-up post (either 1, 2, 3, or 4 [approximate starting points in difficulty for each division: 50/60/69/78 respectively]) As we're going to be starting with 50s for the lowest division in Round 1, it's preferable that you're at least D3 in skill if you sign up. Obviously no holds against any D1 or D2 players who wish to sign up anyways, but we're gonna start out halfway into the difficulty spectrum to get things going, and things will be moving at a rapid pace, just a fair warning. The best way to improve is to play harder files anyways.

Quick structure of the tournament (read this section - important)
Each round I'll give every division a difficulty range and a number of songs to be played. You will choose which songs to play, provided the difficulty falls within the specified range for the round.

For example:
66-69, choose 3...would mean play and post scores for any 3 songs with a rating between 66 and 69 inclusive.

Your score for the round is the difference between your raw score and the raw score required for a AAA on the song you scored worst on.

For example:
smartdude1212 chooses to play Puzzle, Midnight Dragon, and Epidermis. He scores a AAA on Puzzle, 7g on Midnight Dragon, and a BF on Epidermis.
His score for the round is 175.
bmah is in the same division and chooses to play the same three files. He scores 7g on Puzzle, 7g on Midnight Dragon, and 7g on Epidermis.
His score for the round is ALSO 175.

I may choose songs that must be included in your options for the round. I may choose songs that cannot be included in your options for the round. Who knows. All songs in FFR, public or token, can be chosen for any given round unless otherwise stated.

Rounds will last four days. This will be a non-elimination tourney where the player with the lowest total score at the end of the tournament wins. Replays and screenshots must be posted in this thread before the round ends to be accounted for. Late replays or screenshots WILL NOT be accepted (we're playing with official tourney rules, sorry folks). If you don't know how to take a screenshot or post a replay in this thread, ask.

I'll start off the pot with 100k. Donations are much appreciated. Glhf and all that jazz.

Current Pot Size: 1,975,000

Donations:
Reincarnate - 1,000,000
Elite Ninja - 328,029
thesunfan - 289,106
PrawnSkunk - 109,000
DossarLX ODI - 100,000
gameboy42690 - 50,000
_Fluttershy_ - 33,865

Entrants:
yo man im awesome - D4
SK8R43 - D3
James May - D2
Dynam0 - D4
TC_Pr0 - D2
Tim Allen - D4
XelNya - D2*
alloyus - D4
cedolad - D3
Hakulyte - D3
axith - D2
Viisbyxa - D1
Fantasticone - D4
Gradiant - D3
VisD - D2
Mike405 - D2
Xiz - D4
awein999 - D4
Charu - D3
PrawnSkunk - D1
rCaliberGX - D1
top - D3
GammaBlaster - D4
Lambdadelta - D4
xAlphaWolf - D2
_Fluttershy_ - D3
smartdude1212 - D4
thesunfan - D3
TheSaxRunner05 - D1
gameboy42690 - D4
SC_coolguy44 - D1
YoshL - D3
d4u7211 - D3
Riotpolice - D2
Elite Ninja - D3
Tarrik - D4
jductape - D1
HalfStep - D3
Choofers - D4
Elmerz - D2
loop123456 - D2
Gun92 - D1
MracY - D2
JJTrixX - D1
ryuyasha - D1
shenjoku - D2
Pretentious - D3
BerZerkR - D3
RagedBerserker - D3
arcnmx - D4
beary605 - D3
fenderg - D2
jarsh - D3
ssbmchamp - D2
Plan_Bsk81127 - D3
SocoNhydro420 - D3
Frederic54 - D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 09-26-2013 at 03:14 PM..