Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #521
dascookieman
FFR Player

Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

yeah i still have about 5 files i havn't played, i have played through them alphabetically so some have been submitted for a while without having been reviewed :P will get to it asap
Old 03-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #522
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

Can you also look at Narcolepsy in the editor? I would like to know what to change so I can finally be done with it. There is a 48th jump after a jumpglut I am going to sync and change to a different color.

EDIT: I am going to send you the .sm of updated sync and different patterns in some spots.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.

Last edited by FissionMailed1; 03-24-2013 at 06:19 PM..
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #523
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Sent in another file!
baq12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #524
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

So I got my new laptop...downloaded SM... got a few packs (SMG Community Revival included)...played my own files and as I was playing them I though "k...what the fuck was I thinking...I need to restep these"

expect a new Brave Warrior and Determination sometime GLoVE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #525
dascookieman
FFR Player

sweet bro get to work on dem files .

more reviews, everything should be reviewed now, if your file hasn't been reviewed, please let me know!

derezzed
it's a creative file and challenging in a different way, i just wish it was any fun at all :P. the freeze-stuff that comes back a few times is cool at first but it repeats way too much and just gets annoying to play, the jacks are ok but they are not that amazing either. the one part in the middle with a few other things coming in was alright. overall it wasn't challenging in a fun way at all i would never want to play that file to go for a score with all the annoying patterns in the freezes and the jacks

tzuicha-cha
accepted, it's so awesome now!!

heaven above
some parts are cool and fun, and those parts in the beginning when the melody gets distorted and you have green arrows is a really cool trick! but the file is too easy and simple and never has any real climax that defines the file, it's just the same slow 16ths stream later on again but with a lot more jumps. well-made file

Menu theme
haha it's so short wtf it's really cool! cool file but it was a bit hard to follow sometimes and i felt like there was a bunch of cool notes missing. since it is so short and already has so much color notes, you should try to get all of them down to make a really intense funny short file. perhaps add another difficulty

measure 6 the first jump shouldn't be there?
measure 9-17 you're doing jumps to the synth and most of the rest is the bassdrum right? there are a number of missing notes going to the synth, i might be easier if you started a new chart and remade this part, only stepping
measure 17-23 there is a missing bass drum kick in the jacks
measure 23 here the synth goes crazy a bit, slow it down and try to get it down accurately this could be made really cool
measure 25 not too sure those 24ths aren't off
measure 26 i think this is a bit off, there should probably be color notes
measure 26 the last 8th is a bunch of descending color notes
measure 27 the freezes changes pitch, just make one of the two freezes begin ahead of the other (see to it so that it's onbeat), it'll be cool
measure 28 within the first 2 arrows, there is a gallop or something. before the first minifreeze there is a note missing and there is one between it and the next arrow as well i think... this whole part needs to be looked at
measure 29-30 there are color notes here and there at the end of the freezes and a few more spots as well. dunno how you should go about stepping it though but i think it could make it more fun for sure
measure 32 i think it's 32nds, i don't think it's 24ths anyway
measure 35 there's a gallop leading into the first 4th. don't think i hear those 32nds this time?
measure 34&36 i think you should place that last freeze at the color notes on the left side for convenience

sports!
also very short but the drum-part obviouslyrules so much, this is the kind of file everyone is gonna play a lot because it's short, intense and pretty unique and it's really fun to try to nail a score on. the patterns are cool and really fun to hit

looked at it in the editor quickly and only saw one single spot where there could've been an arrow, the file will be accepted like it is or after revision if you'd like
measure
34 that 48th gallop feels a bit off. i think there might be more notes in that section

polssia 33
fun as hell good job!!! really fun, good variation, nice progressive buildup, challenging and consistently difficult, and really fun to score on. could use a lot of fixing though as you have kind of rushed it, i looked it through briefly and this time i took the time to point everything out for you, but most of these errors you should've been able to detect yourself if you spent more time!

measure 3 missing 16th
measure 6 your percussion is still hitting all 8ths, shouldnt leave them out when the vocals have a 16th there
measure 10 the second consecutive jump on right+up in the beginning does not have the snare drum like the one before (the next on the down+left 4th does though...), i think it should be changed
measure 12 missing 16 in the beginning. missing color notes in the middle
measure 16 there are 16ths all the way through the measure
measure 20 the color notes start on the 4th halfway through, and they change tempo. look at changing this perhaps
measure 28 color notes in the beginning not a 16th
measure 31 missing 16th jump
measure 36 last 16th isn't there
measure 44 i think the 16th pattern should change as the percussion is not the same
measure 45-49 wat. the guitar is playing constant 8ths
measure 50 missing 16th in the middle
measure 52 1 missing 16ths. color notes before measure 53 if u want to
measure 56 missing notes after the first 4th
measure 63 one 16th too much halfway through, also don't think the two last jumps should be on the same arrows as the one before
measure 64 missing 16ths in the end
measure 65 one 16th too much right before the end
measure 67 missing 16th between the handss
measure 71 an arrow somewhere before the second 12th jump
measure 75 missing 16th in the end
measure 76 the 16th in the middle isn't there
measure 77-79 instead of 8th jumps you could have just singles to the bass drum and then add a bunch of off-beat color notes to that static sound. it might be cool
measure 84 the color notes in the end are wrong
measure 85 missing note between the 16ths
measure 89 the first short 16th stream, decide if you wanna step the hi-hat or the melody or layer them both properly (would be hard jumps lol). it starts to the hi-hat (in the melody it isn't constant 16ths), but then the last 16ths are to the melody when the hi-hat has stopped. if you're doing the melody which i think and would be most sensible, there's a missing 16th in the end of the measure too
measure 94 wtf it has supercool gallops!!! add them!

pop a parade
holy shit spectacular file!!!! lol wow, great job. it rules, accepted

speed dial
reaaally fun, challenging in a great way. nice progressive builup, nice song-length for this type of file, good patterns and decent variation

measure 9&10 don't think the 16ths after half the measure is there
measure 13&15 16ths not there,
measure 14&15&16&17&19 missing 16th in the beginning
measure 32 missing 16th as the last freeze starts
measure 45 i don't get the jumps. if they are to the hi-hat they should be on all 8ths too, nothing else is playing on all 4ths
measure 48 the first of the up+right jumps doesn't have the piano
measure 49 too many 16ths to the piano
measure 50-51 once again the jumps are random, find something to have jumps too
measure 51 halfway through the measure the drums take over, but they overlap with the piano just for a couple of notes so there should be a 16th jump there
measure 68 too many 16ths towards the end
measure 60 not sure this is correct
measure 73 there's one 32nd missing after the last 4th
measure 77 dunno about that last 16th jump..
measure 81-93 same missing 16ths and too many 16ths as the beginning part that is the same
measure 94 missing 16th after the last 4th
measure 97 one more piano note

V^3 Hello world
another cool ass file with some really cool tricks and challenging in a unique way. you guys are really figuring out what i'm after with this pack

measure 1, the color notes are faster. perhaps the freezes doesn't need to be trips and you can step it, otherwise it's fine i guess
measure 3 a few of the 32nds aren't there
measure 17 one 16th too much
measure 73 missing 8th before the last 4th
measure 75 it's not constant 12ths like that in the end
measure 103-105 i think this can be done better
measure 107-123 bunch of missing 8ths
measure 125 the 12ths could be jumps
measure 74 could be done differently and more interesting

Super coke
not bad at all it was fun and had a bunch of really cool parts that made it fun. the mines-part is good except i think there were a few too many at some points. the rolls i dont like much at all, i could enjoy made 3-4 of them that were easy, but many of them were really annoying. the hard color notes in the beginning were also a bit too hard it seems compared to the rest of the file. even though many of the parts with mostly 8ths and a few 16ths had some color note bursts, i still think a lot of it should be cut out of the song

war of the worlds
pretty fun and very well-made but it never became challenging enough. hitting the color notes were fun as hell for most part but even as awesome as it was it got a bit old after a while and i don't think the file has that high replay-value because of how hard it is to MA, being long and still fairly easy. i think it also jumps too much between drums and the solo, i think you should leave the 8th jumps in all the time (make another difficulty) because it needs more arrows to become more challenging. look at trying to make it more challenging and perhaps have more layers towards the end or something to make a climax. some patterns were also a bit odd to hit

Last edited by dascookieman; 03-25-2013 at 11:13 AM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #526
t-rogdor
tane orb

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

yo glove did you get that bit howl fixup i sent a while back
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #527
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
yo glove did you get that bit howl fixup i sent a while back
hmm i remember that... but i must've lost it somewhere. would you mind re-sending it so i'm sure i play the correct version? if there's anything else i've missed please let me know
Old 03-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #528
t-rogdor
tane orb

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

haha sure thing dude. I'll just send over the .sm since that's all that changed
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #529
James May
FFR Player

Glove, did you get the fixes for Mudkip?

and grats Nathan for having 2 files in the pack~

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #530
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
Glove, did you get the fixes for Mudkip?

and grats Nathan for having 2 files in the pack~
no i have a memory of receiving that but must've lost that one somewhere as well, please resend it!

really sorry guys but there are soo many submitted (look at the list on page1 lol) and so many revisions, i might've missed a few so please let me know if you don't see your files reviewed!!
Old 03-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #531
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
no i have a memory of receiving that but must've lost that one somewhere as well, please resend it!

really sorry guys but there are soo many submitted (look at the list on page1 lol) and so many revisions, i might've missed a few so please let me know if you don't see your files reviewed!!
Will do.

edit: sent it.

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #532
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Those are quite pretty! You did get the general coloring scheme right: I was hoping for a reddish theme (e.g. the red text). I was hoping though that the subject would be more about tango dancing, as the song suggests (which I also typically associate with the color red).
For the whole time i was looking for a baroque themed scenery, but i haven't found anything that seemed to fit the song more than this woman playing the piano. The tango dancing seems like a really good idea, however this song has various movements and they aren't all very tango-able :3

If you want, i could try to change the image with a somewhat abstract and dark tango dancer thing though.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #533
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Narcolepsy

-stepping at this low bpm is really annoying to read/play
-beat 102 this jumpstream is fine but later on the patterns get a little too simple and repetitive. perhaps changing it up a little would help
-beat 133 this solo here it would be best to keep the holds for longer sustained notes. the ones like at beat 136 could work just as regular notes
-beat 160 if you slow it down a little more you can hear a bit more going on during the guitar solo for the first beats
-beat 251 I assume the jumps are to snare? there are a few jumps missed if that's the case

Innocent Walls

-can't help but feel there should be a 4th note at beat 1
-16th at beat 24.250, this same sequence happens thoughout the file. just a tiny missed gap perhaps
-beat 176 the beats here don't sound syncopated at all. just sounds like straight drum n bass on 4th notes
Old 03-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #534
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Whoever stepped seven: my dear fellow, i salute you.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #535
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Skyline View Post
yo necros wassup

EDIT: UPDATED GRAPHICS

these seem to fit much more, however the text is inconsistent from bg to bn (it's almost always a bad thing) and the font effects themselves are quite lame. With a better font choice (the one used in the bn, without inner shadow and with some better effect would work) and some neat positioning it would become much better.

Last edited by Mollocephalus; 03-25-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Mollocephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #536
skorpion9x
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to skorpion9x

^ Awesome, Symphony X! (my favorite band)
skorpion9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #537
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
sports!
also very short but the drum-part obviouslyrules so much, this is the kind of file everyone is gonna play a lot because it's short, intense and pretty unique and it's really fun to try to nail a score on. the patterns are cool and really fun to hit

looked at it in the editor quickly and only saw one single spot where there could've been an arrow, the file will be accepted like it is or after revision if you'd like
measure
34 that 48th gallop feels a bit off. i think there might be more notes in that section
lmao this was such a longshot to get accepted but it should be lots of fun

you must be referring to measure 33 cause it has the 48th gallop, and it is indeed correct
changed 1 jumpheavy pattern and i'll send in a revision, but i'm wondering where there is a missing arrow? reviewed it a few times and don't see anything missing

ok i see it now but yea it's better to leave it out since the pattern is funner without it

Last edited by ilikexd; 03-25-2013 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: measure 33* not beat
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #538
dascookieman
FFR Player

hehe i made seven but it's not fully revised yet. it's really fun but not as technically advanced as many files in the pack so far, working on a couple others as well

ilikexd: for me it's in measure 34, there are 2 48th gallops and it sounds like there could be a drumnote between them. it's subtle and doesn't make a big difference anyway. it's fun and really good job on making it so accurate overall
Old 03-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #539
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

how long do i have to submit for this

sounds like it is getting full...

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #540
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!

I'm glad you like my file x)
I use ddream to step, so if you could convert the measures to seconds really quick i'll have a better look at your notes :P
edit: i'm dumb i can do that myself haha brb
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote