Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-3-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
IAAW
FFR Player

Default Pillage The Village - PTV

http://www.xgenstudios.com/game.php?keyword=pillage

Who plays this? It's a pretty nice game from the creators of Defend The Castle; it's actually a prequel to DTC. In PTV, you pillage villagers. And that's basically it. But, there's alot more to it than you think. You have different types of villagers to take on, and the loot from them, you'll need in order to obtain power-ups, that will be actually essential in beating this game. This here first post is basically a "mini-guide".

Like I said before, there are a few different types of villagers you'll have to face:

Peasant
Special Abilities: None
Difficulty: Easy
Clothing: Brown clothing with green trimming.

Your everyday villager. Easy to take down.

Parachuter
Special Abilities: Parachuting
Difficulty: Easy
Clothing: Blue jumpsuit. Has orange hair.

These villagers have parachutes, making throwing them into the air/ground virtually impossible. However, you can destroy their parachutes; do that, and proceed with the ground-pounding. Easy to take down.

Glider
Special Abilities: Gliding
Difficulty: Easy/Medium
Clothing: Red jumpsuit. Has black, spiky hair.

These guys are the same as Parachuters, expect they glide. And, they also are killed in a different way. In order to kill Gliders, you must first get them into the air, and gliding. Then, you just slam him into the ground. And that's pretty much it; if you're lazy, you can just squish him or something. Pretty easy to take down, once you learn how to defeat him.

Thief
Special Abilities: Stealing
Difficulty: Medium
Clothing: Black hood/outfit.

These villagers aren't all that interested in escaping. Rather, they'll be trying to steal your hard-earned pillaged loot! If you try and pick them up, they'll dash a direction, and become invisible, making picking them up impossible. The only ways you can really grab a thief is when they're busy climbing up to the top of their screen. Proceed with the pounding once they do; it'll take two good hits to take thieves down.

Super Z
Special Abilities: Heroism
Difficulty: Hard
Clothing: Blue tights, red cape, has a red "Z" on chest.

SUPER Z, TO THE RESCUE! And that's not a very good thing for you. Super Z's will make your pillaging a nightmare; they'll prevent you from picking up escaping villagers, and they'll even snatch away villagers you have in your grasp, tossing them to the side of the screen, meaning a villager loss. However, this guy isn't invincible; three good hits will knock him out. However, there isn't enough time for that; rather, just knock him down a couple of times to stun them (it'll take five seconds for a Super Z to become unstunned).

Super Z's are HARD to kill. It's best to either cage them (pacifist), or squash them with anvils (antagonist).

Ninja
Special Abilities: Agility
Difficulty: Medium
Clothing: White ninja outfit.

Apparently, some villagers have followed the ways of the ninja; these villagers run fast, and can jump away from your grasp. However, they aren't THAT hard to defeat; you can easily catch ninjas while they're in mid-jump. Not difficult to kill.

Rocketeer
Special Abilities: Flying
Clothing: Brown blazer, strapped jetpack on back.

These villagers have rockets strapped on their backs. They will escape by flying off the side of the screen. You'll have to keep them inside the play area, until they run out of fuel. When they do, Rocketeers will usually die automatically from the fall; otherwise, you'll have to finish them off before they run off the screen.

NOTE: If you are an Atagonist, and have AT LEAST a level 1 Great Barrier, then you can easily defeat groups of Rocketeers by activating the spell when they're reaching the side of the screen. The barrier will send them high into the air; this will cause them to run out of fuel quickly enough for you to either finish them off, or let them die themselves. The barrier can also launch them fast enough to kill them.

Knight
Special Abilities: Sword Swinging
Clothing: Suit of white armor.

Who knew villagers could enter the ranks of knighthood? These villagers have swords; they will use them to chop your poor hand into little pieces. You'll have to be very careful, as a cut from those swords means one dead hand. In order to pick those knights up, you'll have to wait until they have swung their sword; their sword will get stuck in the ground, giving you time to start pounding them, caging them, or giving them an anvil for Christmas. They'll take two hits to take down.

NOTE: You CAN'T cage, squash, squish, etc. them, until the knight has swung his sword.

---

You have abilities of your own; you just have to purchase them, first.

Neutral
These are neutral abilities. Their usefulness, non-neutral. You will need these abilities to help you out with your pillaging. First, you have two mana powerups; one will increase your mana regeneration, while the other will increase your mana maximum. The other two will provide you traps to pillage those villagers, and will give your villagers more gold for you to pillage.

Pacifist
Pacifist-style abilities. Use enthunasia to kill villagers peacefully, or cage them with a slave cage. You may consider becoming a time wizard, and freeze time; or, you could get the ultimate weapon for Pacifists, AKA My Little PWNY. Using that spell will conjur technocolored unicorns to appear, ramming unexpecting villagers with one, EXTREMELY painful blow. Pacifist abilities raise Humanity Points.

Antagonist
Antagonist-style abilities. Take the power gauntlet out for a spin; give villagers one, big, painful squeeze. Or, try an ACME Anvil; you'll never turn back once you see its destructive properties. As an Atagonist, you'll also be able to conjur big barriers, from which you'll be able to prevent villagers from escaping. Finally, you could get the ultimate weapon; a GIANT FLAMEBALL! OMGWTFBBQ!1!. One giant flameball equals one giant earthquake. Stunning properties. Flying properties. Go figure.

---

There's your mini-guide. Anyways, anyone play this game?

Last edited by IAAW; 12-3-2007 at 10:28 PM..
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Default Re: Pillage The Village - PTV

Pretty fun game. I'm on level 34 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR View Post
Pretty fun game. I'm on level 34 or something.
I'm currently at level 47. I'm an Atagonist, so I use giant anvils and barriers. Once I pass level 47, I'll show what I got right now in screenshots.

EDIT: It was level 48. Now at levl 49. One more level till level 50. Anyways, here are the screenies.

There's my atagonist items. OMGWTFBBQ!1!

My neuts. I have max Venture Capitalism and Pit Trap Engineering. Mana Power-Plant and Mana Batteries need one final level up, which costs 140,000 gold for both. (Ouch.)

Last edited by IAAW; 12-3-2007 at 07:01 PM..
Old 12-3-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

I probably made it hard on myself because 1. I went pacifist, and 2. I thought the level 1 for +/- was 12,000 not 1200. I didn't get it until after I had max'd venture. Oh well... I use my inject needle or whatever a lot, how does the power glove (gauntlet) work? Also, is pit trapping worth it, because I haven't put anything into that yet. hell, I haven't put anything into cage or freezetime either.

Quote:
Old 12-3-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR View Post
I probably made it hard on myself because 1. I went pacifist, and 2. I thought the level 1 for +/- was 12,000 not 1200. I didn't get it until after I had max'd venture. Oh well... I use my inject needle or whatever a lot, how does the power glove (gauntlet) work? Also, is pit trapping worth it, because I haven't put anything into that yet. hell, I haven't put anything into cage or freezetime either.
I'll answer everything in the first post.
Old 12-3-2007, 08:14 PM   #6
rsr2
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
FFR Veteran

Im on lvl 12
rsr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2007, 09:34 PM   #7
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

You forgot the red guys with the jetpacks in your list.

@Psycho: You should consider putting a point into the cage, at least. Once you've got the cage, you can hold an enemy with the mouse, then hit the 2 key and drop the cage on top of them (makes Rocketeers and Super Zs incredibly easy to take out.)

Just now passing level 26.
Temote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2007, 09:38 PM   #8
IAAW
FFR Player

I did include those; the rocketeers.

BTW: There are 50 levels.
Old 12-3-2007, 09:51 PM   #9
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

Oh, then what are the brown guys?

But, the rocketeers don't actually fly off the side of the screen. If you let them fly, they'll just bounce around until the land. Easiest way to kill them is to grab them and fling them into the ground once the wings are out.
Temote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2007, 10:24 PM   #10
IAAW
FFR Player

Ohhhh, I get it! I forgot the gliders. =\

EDIT: Fix'd. Including each villagers' clothing.

Last edited by IAAW; 12-3-2007 at 10:28 PM..
Old 12-3-2007, 11:05 PM   #11
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst

Finished the first game. I'll have some pictures up in a sec

Edit: Right before 50

Quote:

Last edited by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR; 12-3-2007 at 11:15 PM..
Old 12-4-2007, 09:45 AM   #12
IAAW
FFR Player

Don't forget to do New Game +; you'll be able to start over again with all those abilities you earned. Even more so, you'll be able to purchase more abilities; in fact, I'm doing that now.
Old 12-4-2007, 01:56 PM   #13
xinpig
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to xinpig Send a message via Skype™ to xinpig

funness

PSEUDO SKILL TOKENS! FC'd Blooddrunk with AVMISSING!
xinpig is offline   Reply With Quote