Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is the best game of the choices?
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 10.00%
Chrono Trigger 2 10.00%
Final Fantasy VII 1 5.00%
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 5 25.00%
Halo: Combat Evolved 2 10.00%
Super Smash Brothers Melee 4 20.00%
Starcraft 0 0%
Final Fantasy Tactics (or Advance) 2 10.00%
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 0 0%
Metroid Prime 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2004, 01:21 AM   #21
Adumis
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Adumis

Quote:
In a world where they can make an American Idol game and have it sell, you can't listen to people anymore.
you still don't get it. The only reason why American Idol sold was because of its boom on the Tv. No one cares which game in the history of games amongst the many consols that have been released is the best. The people who make the polls are the people who present the games. All they care about is putting out the top SELLING list and seeing which game people liked more so they can capitalize on it. EX. playstation's greatest hits.

Hi I'm money, have we met?

and if you want to add to the list of games that wasn't on the poll list, you might as well add pong on there.

I'm done here, fcuktard levels have reached overwhelming proportions.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:28 AM   #22
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Adding to the useless list of games that sold very poorly but owned massively...

Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2, and Ikaruga

Adumis, with 10 posts and a stupid signature, you had little to no credibility to begin with. It's known forum-wide that FF7 is much hated upon because of its hype that it cannot live up to. Same with Halo. Apologies that I didn't include your crappy PC games in my poll. Maybe you should have voted for them in the contest more.

If the poll had 15 options, here's how it would have looked after Metroid Prime.

Diablo II
Super Mario RPG
Goldeneye
Warcraft III
Half-Life / Counter-Strike

Of course, in no particular order. Sorry Mr. PC bias, but your games missed the cut by such a small margin too. But I'm glad it only had 10 options so I could limit it to those that truly deserve the honor of being listed. Who knows? Maybe next time I'll make a console-only contest so you can't complain at all!

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:19 AM   #23
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Yea Super Monkey Ball 2 is a great game.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
flypie743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:01 AM   #24
Kenzya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kenzya

You can't come up with a poll to find out the best game ever (not directed towards Squeek just in general) and even just a thread is flawed. I don't know why you guys would care that much about what game is better than what game. It's not like you've created the game.
Kenzya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:37 AM   #25
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Holy Jesus, can people really be this dumb? Let's recap.

Quote:
ok first, all i have to say to anti is Quack. To be a fan of a game that IS untouchable in its genre certainly does not make me an idiot.
No, no, no, no, no. So...stupid. Halo is a good game. I'll admit that. I've played it, beaten the game, played multiplayer, it's fun. It is NOT, however, anywhere near the greatest FPS of all time. First of all, it's a console game, so that immediately puts about 200 PC shooters above it. Next, while it may have led the genre when it came out, it's been surpassed in every way imaginable and some parts of the game just look embarrassing. If the game were released now, it would probably suck. Bad graphics, floaty, oil slick physics, unbalanced, mostly generic weapons, dumb as dirt enemies, and repetitive level design all plague the Xbox title. And don't even get me started on the PC port.

I don't know what Bungie was doing those two years it took them to port Halo, but not only is it almost a direct port, they actually made it worse. Some might argue the graphics are better. That's true, if you have the system to run it. For reasons unbeknownst to me, Halo is the biggest system hog ever seen this side of Windows XP. You can not run it at full settings, because we simply don't have a PC fast enough to handle it. So instead you have to run it with settings down, and it turns into a bland, featureless mess. Beyond that, what justifies my $50 on the game? One new weapon? Because that's all they added, that and a couple of maps I could get for free online. No new graphical updates, no improved AI, no new missions, only a few more maps, no new vehicles (except for the incredibly unbalanced and stupid Banshee, by far the worst addition ever to a game), 1 new weapon (whoopee), no new physics, and the most laggy online server I've ever seen in all my years of gaming...it's a terribly unfinished port that's just begging for you to waste $50.

You still think Halo is the best shooter ever? Well go ahead and think that, just know that you're an idiot of the highest proportions.

Quote:
the reason why Diablo II wasn't in the poll is beacuse the game came out a long ass time ago. No one buys it anymore, maybe the expansion, but not Diablo II.
Stupid, stupid, stupid. Who cares if it's old? Its unsurpassed in the Hack n' Slasher RPG genre, and the online servers are huge. The fact that people still play the game itself is amazing. And the fact that I can still pick it up at any Best Buy, EB Games, whatever. People still buy it, moron, and people still play it.

Here's the worst thing you wrote:

Quote:
The reason why CS isn't included is because its a mod, duh. why would a mod be placed in the best game poll when it doesn't even go under the proper catagory. And as far as half life goes, its under the same thing as D2, its too old.
This shouldn't be as bad for you, because any credibility you had was already long gone, but after having been rammed into the ground, that statement picked up a shovel and dug you a hole. Half-Life is considered by many to be, undisputably, the best FPS ever. Some even say it's the best game of all time. Millions of copies sold, awarded over 50 (yes, five-zero) Game of the Year awards, and one of the highest rated games in history. Tons and tons of people still play it, mods and maps are still being made, and its furor won't die down until the sequel comes out this fall. But you probably won't get it, you'll be too busy playing your Halo. You have fun with that now, k?

Quote:
you still don't get it. The only reason why American Idol sold was because of its boom on the Tv.
No, you obviously don't get it, assclown, because that was my entire fucking point. People are lemmings and idiots (case in point: you), and they follow the crowd. Want to know why the boom on Halo has lasted so long? People overrated it. They went off the fucking roof about it, and everybody bought it. So therefore, everybody played it, called it the best game ever, and lo and behold, you have an army of fans. The exact same thing happened with FF7, but I guess you didn't take the time to actually think about what you were typing before you spewed out your cacaphonous bullshit.

Quote:
Hi I'm money, have we met?
Hi, I'm intellegence, have we met?

Quote:
I'm done here, fcuktard levels have reached overwhelming proportions.
You're right, the fcuktard levels are off the charts because of you. Here's what we're going to do. We're all going to accept that you have just been massively owned up the ass, and you're going to leave. Really though, I wouldn't be suprised if you didn't respond to this. Considering the amount of intellegence you've exhibited so far during this thread, I'll expect you'd have walked into a wall or off a cliff or something by the time you read this.

So thanks, and have a great day!
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:53 PM   #26
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Honestly. In a world where they can make an American Idol game and have it sell, you can't listen to people anymore.
Maddox hears your pain and solves the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox
A game where you try to shift blame for poor sales so you can keep your job as an overpaid consultant. You were hired by some asshole in upper management who's trying to cover his ass at board meetings with statistics about sales figures (ie, making sh** up), but instead of looking at obvious historical and demographic trends, you cave in to pressure from women's rights groups and Joe Lieberman's spirited backlash at the video game industry due to his years of crippling impotence. The only game you've ever played is "Myst," but you have a master's degree in public administration, so that qualifies you to green-light the latest Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen "game," which really isn't a game so much as a sack of soggy dicks.

You get bonus points for every additional year you keep your job while avoiding every major video game release, cementing your reputation as a notoriously stupid sellout asshole.
And thank you for owning the noobs yet again. My apologies for making this topic a poll.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote