Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2017, 11:46 PM   #20
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXIII Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
why would blind claim a red on his partner though? yes, it clears him, but he took out one of the best players in the game and presumably the best wolf in the whole game for... a dice roll at winning the game?

it doesn't really matter what it looks like or doesn't look like with regards to blind making it look like he and charu aren't together because... the red check means that he's never with him

I've played hundreds of games with a cop and I've seen a player red check their partner probably less than 5 times and none of them were good plays.
You're pretty much answering yourself.

As an example, hypothetically reroll this game with me as your wolf partner. Start the game with a red check on me and notice how no one in town will seer/block/vigi you.

Suddenly, you don't have to fear a random check on you and town will eventually start being confused because they can't put the game together at all because you're cleared which will lead to a bunch of mislynches.

You can almost safely find the tracker at that point and get it NK'd.

Town is going to self-destruct even if they find the other wolf because being cleared creates a nonsense in the game. Town cannot win if they don't "unclear" you.

Blind trading Charu for that advantage is so ridiculous that I don't believe anyone would have seen it coming and even if they did, others would be unlikely to support them.

I don't believe this play is viable in standard setups, but I can see it work in a game like the one with orbs to counter the RNG by forcing bad decisions assuming town decides to play logically.