Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-3-2016, 10:58 AM   #1
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default "Ranking Degredation" for song scores

I have a suggestion:

I've noticed in the tournament, there are people in divisions who do not score very well, and if you look at their profiles, they are high rank, but when you look at their top scores, most of them say things like "7 years ago" or "3 years ago" or whatnot. Its not my intention to point at any names, but for example you can see people in division 5 who dropped 30k or less raw score on the round 1 song, when the cutoff was 81k or so~

My suggestion is: For the top 50 scores formula, implement some sort of AAA equivalency degradation.

You wouldn't have to remove the scores from the leaderboards, what I mean is that logically speaking if a player is progressing, they should keep getting higher top 50 scores and improving their ranks.

For my implementation, I propose they should make it so if you don't get a new top 15 score for a couple months (or even a year), the weighting of the scores start to degrade. Once you get a new score in the top 15 songs, the full weighting could come back.

Once the inactivity has degraded a bit, perhaps your rank could be based on the top 16-30 songs, etc? Could perhaps be tier based, I'm unsure exactly what would work best. Maybe just lowering your rank in general by % amount based on inactivity could work too.

This would prevent old players who have lost their skill from having an artificially high rank, but would allow for people returning who have managed to gain their skill back to make all their old scores count again.

Anyone think this is a good idea/have any ideas of how to implement it better?

EDIT: Also, I feel like the rank it shows on your profile is supposed to be reflective of how good you currently are and not your peak rank, that's why its a ranking system to me it seems like that is the FFR developers intention. Because of this fact, it makes sense that scores from 7 years ago shouldn't hold up as well today and should have to be "re-proven". They could also add a "Peak Rank" stat or something for people, but I'd rather the rank just be more reflective of current skill.

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 07-3-2016 at 11:03 AM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote