Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-4-2015, 05:08 PM   #1
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann
Default Stepping Stones 2 [Submissions CLOSED]

Instead of asking, why not just do and see where we go from there?

The Idea

Obviously, the idea stems as a sequel to the first Stepping Stones of Stepmania pack. However, I thought that I would shake it up a bit by making a couple changes, which will be reviewed in the next section.

My opinion of Stepping Stones is that it's meant to be a pack for beginner/expert charters AND players alike. As such, anyone and everyone is invited to chart some music for the pack! I want to cater to the new players in the game, as well as make something that the veterans can use to relax with/play/enjoy/rest. Even if you haven't charted for a pack before, you are welcome to give it a try!

A couple people have already expressed some interest in another pack like this. The last one was a great start; let's make this one even better!

The Guidelines

There aren't too many rules for the pack, but I really want to make certain that these ones are enforced:

This is a keyboard pack, first and foremost!
  • 1. To have a file in the pack, I should be able to pass the main chart, or get very close. I don't have the skill that many players do, and I think that this sets a much lower difficulty bar for new players to worry about. But having said that...
  • 2. You MUST have more than one chart. You can submit as many files as you want, but they need to have at LEAST 2 charts. So for the vets out there - you aren't restricted to making it super easy! And people who only chart for pads can give it a go outside their comfort zone! Sorry, no dump files!
  • 3. Difficulties will be in NPS +FF, so before the pack is finalized I'll go through them and use the leaderboards NPS generator.
  • 4. Take your time, and do a good job. Yes, they will be easy files, and yes it caters to a less experienced audience, but I would still like to see an effort! A nice quality pack that's playable at all skill levels is basically my idea of a perfect pack. I'd really like to strive for that!
  • 5. I'd like all graphics to be 512x160 for the banners and 1280x720 or higher for the background. If you don't want to, or can't make graphics, I'll do my utmost to make sure a set is provided!
  • 6. Gimmicks are okay as long as they are gentle and make sense. And as for song length... let's try and keep it under Marathon length (I think that's below 4:30?).

Submissions are closed!

Current release date: August 15 (approx.)

Volunteers! (Thank you!)

SKG_Scintill - second judge and dropper of multiple simfiles
Buta-san - gfx
Silvuh - gfx
Divisor - gfx

The Files

Accepted - 30!

Green has gfx, black needs them! Black songs will have the link to it available for anyone who wants to help with the gfx
Remember, 512x160 for banners and 1280x720 or higher (and equivalent) for backgrounds

New York
What We're Made Of
Backstreet Girls
Gold Spinners
Reincarnated Soul
Magnolia

Sailors Hornpipe
Flyers (Death Parade OP)
Desire
Things We Believe In
Yoru Naku Usagi wa Yume wo Miru
A Tale of 6 Trillion Years
Dragon Slayer
Garden of Love
Proxy
Audio Avenue
Bastel
Cata
Get Better John
Opening Credits
Pythagora Cirno
Fascination MaxX (Triple Chaos Mix)
Ignis Fatuus
Shapeless Flower
The Islander
Adult Ceremony
First Kiss
On My Wings (IIDX Hardstyle Version)
GAIA
Woke Up Too Early This Morning

Have fun!

Submit to this -

Last edited by Kraezymann; 08-14-2015 at 01:10 PM..
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote