Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2014, 07:05 PM   #38
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: Why is misanthropy not considered bigotry?

If you claim that the human case is different, then there should be something that you can say about humans that does not apply to oysters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaevod View Post
There are a lot of people in the world. Most of them are not killers or torturers or whatever, but some are. Unless the thing that bothers you about a certain group is an essential part of the group, then it makes no sense to generalize traits you found in specific people you met to the whole group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by check this out View Post
There are a lot of oysters in the world. Most of them are not going to make me sick, but some are. Unless the thing that bothers you about certain oysters is an essential part of the oyster, then it makes no sense to generalize traits you found in specific oysters you ate to all oysters.
Your description of humans can also apply to oysters, so this doesn't explain why the human comparison is any different.

Try the following exercise: Take any argument you think applies to humans but not oysters. Change the wording like I did here so that it applies to oysters in the context of our discussion. Challenge yourself to see our position. You may find that almost everything you say about one you can about the other (in relevance to the topic).

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote