Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-5-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Perfection

Perfection is an abstract idea about having no flaws. However, putting it into perspective of our world, perfection itself seems more of a detrimental idea.

It is noticeable in religion. Deities are given human traits, even to the point where the Gods have the temper of a 5 year old child. Then, the endless cruelty that happens can simply be used against said deity to not be perfect because of all the bad things happening. I don't want to focus this topic on religion however because religion itself is a human construct, so by that very fact applying perfection to it would be inappropriate.

Basically I want some input on perfection as a concept, because I feel like our society puts too much emphasis on "being the perfect person" which can create many personal conflicts. Throughout my academic career, many times the big picture is not given in classes -- it's just a repeated sequence of study, test, study, test; however the professors try to appear to be the perfect professional. A person could be an engineer with great technical knowledge, but still be of average productivity in a company. Someone could get plastic surgery to get that "perfect" look. But to me, perfection just seems to be more about selfishness and self-image.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote