Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #11
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
Their lack of strength probably comes from lack of knowledge on how to properly build it. Genetics play a huge part in strength potential, but most people on gear should be able to out-lift most natural lifters.
It is definitely their lack of knowledge. I mean I don't really support roids in any way, but I can still respect somebody who really is into the bodybuilding sport and wants to truly be the best. I mean working hard is working hard so you can't hate on that. It's just everybody I know who does them is an idiot looking for a shortcut and they don't even have a true goal they have engrained in their minds. In my mind the fact that I can be stronger then these people even with their edge just gives that much more credit to the mentality of the sport, rather then just entirely the conditions. When someone comes along who is stronger then me I take satisfaction in knowing I can probably beat them in an MMA match. I've always been one to try and be the best at something and that's just me, although I don't like to go around just shoving my skills in peoples faces in a way that makes them feel inferior. It still feels good to talk about it and be encouraged for my hard work. 80% of the reason I fight is just to improve myself but it is nice to have that support net and recognition. Ranting here, kind of just tilted my head over and spilled some of my mind out.

@Reach(or whoever) I completely understand almost every sport that requires everything steroids can give, will take advantage and use them. I did kind of say that in a way that doesn't fully give my opinion. What I was trying to say is most of the top 10 fighters in each division are natty. Sure there are a fair amount of greats who have gotten caught, although it's usually trt abuse(Alistair did use roids though). Most of the top ten fighters besides a few exceptions look natty, have been in the division for years, constantly get random tests and never come up positive, they even attest to their clean lifestyle in a way that is entirely believable. Sure you may be doubtful but I've been an mma fan for years and have seen what gets you to the top and it isn't roids. I'm not saying roids wouldn't help but in fighting they just aren't required as much with weight divisions, general honor codes, and the fact that with everything else they are doing roids usually just leads to a shorter, more injury prone career. I just like the fact that literally every single champion in the UFC is natural(Although I wouldn't be entirely surprised if gsp or henderson used them, I highly doubt it though). There are great hero's of the sport and I love the entire sport down to the people who use roids, it's their decision and I respect it. I personally work harder knowing I don't have that advantage and love the fact that I'm still getting better without a sign of stopping unlike bodybuilding where I have constant ups and downs. I agree with you though there is still a ton of steroid abuse, it just happens more underground and at the lower levels of UFC in most cases, and I'm not playing naive and acting like it doesn't help in any way. I am just entirely committed to living a life that is natural and mma supports that all the way to the top unlike...everything else manly haha

Last edited by Jerry DB; 06-27-2013 at 04:35 PM..
Jerry DB is offline   Reply With Quote