Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-4-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Immigration

I would like to know your current thoughts on immigration policy within the United States. I am the director of a documentary, and might feature some of your questions / concerns within the documentary, or explore some of your ideas to help enhance the film. I am looking for multiple perspectives, that range from extremely conservative to extremely liberal, and absolutely everything in-between.
Please respect others opinions, and intellectually challenge their beliefs if you disagree instead of immaturely bashing them.
If you state an opinion, please explain why instead of just saying one sentence. Depending on how this thread progresses (if at all) and if your threads have the potential for enhancing this documentary, I will be sure to feature you as a 'thanks' at the end of the film within the credits somewhere. (I'll discuss this more later) If you do not feel comfortable with sharing your opinions publicly, feel free to send me a private message about this situation, and I will (if you are okay with it) post your opinions anonymously in this thread.

If you don't know where to begin, consider some of the following questions:

1) Your thoughts on immigrants as a whole
2) Your thoughts on language such as "illegal immigrants" now being considered like the F-word or N-word. (Example article describe current event below)
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/04/us/ill...l-a-challenge/
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/04/03/...ration-reform/
3) How do you see immigrants impacting the United States?
4) If NOT in the United States, what are your opinions on America's current plan of action?
5) Do you think immigrants are good for the economy?
6) Why do immigrants even immigrate to the United States?
Bonus: 7) Debate with others who have posted in the thread. I'd like to hear some debate going on

Thank you everyone. I know this is quite controversial, however I believe this thread could really progress.

Last edited by Xiz; 04-4-2013 at 03:40 PM..
Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote