Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default The Death Piano Thread (And Why You Are Missing Out)

ITT people discuss strategies/difficulties/approaches/etc.

I really don't know why more people aren't absolutely fascinated with optimizing this file. It's a very interesting, strategic challenge -- not merely a "tough song." To me, it's like a puzzle to figure out; one of the few files where you can take advantage of really weird approaches at almost every part. Death Piano commands a very broad set of skills and that makes it one of the more intriguing files in the game, IMO.

My hope is that people actually take the time to peel this song apart and realize that it's not as tough as they think. I want to see some srs score boosts.

Too many people are just blowing through DP with the same old approach they use for every other file, and are totally missing all the cool shit they could be having fun with in terms of optimization. To be clear, your standard approach isn't optimal. You have to switch between several strategies the entire way through (at least I did) to AAA it or at least come near to the AAA. Luckily, most transitions are easy to make and the strategies themselves are really interesting.

I urge you all to approach the chart with a different perspective. Look at it as a multi-part puzzle instead.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 03-22-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote