Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #11
Mulie
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Quitting smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ View Post
Then so be it. It really does not bother me, I guess since pretty much all my family has un-healthy habits. It's either, obesity ( working on my part of that), drinking, smoking, drugs. I guess I've grown immune to the fact that what I am doing is killing me slowly? Though, much of my family has these problems, many of them live past the average expiration date.
Your opinion would be different if you could better understand the implications of those consequences.

Every time you smoke you develop thousands of mutations in your body, and every harmful mutation further damages your metabolism, increasing the rate of malfunction. You're not only subjecting yourself to every physical illness you could possibly imagine; you're also throwing away your youth. As your biological youth fades away you'll only grow exponentially more ill, until you die. Young adulthood is considered the biological prime for a reason - it's the standard we would all live by, if our bodies would properly maintain themselves for an infinitely sustained period.
Mulie is offline   Reply With Quote