Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you okay with switching noteskins?
Yes, I would like it very much. 22 52.38%
I would like to, if given the chance. 10 23.81%
Perhaps sometime in the future. 2 4.76%
No, I prefer to stick to arrows. 8 19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #19
stargroup
FFR Player

Default Re: Noteskin Poll

I've decided. We're taking out arrows (but not until the end of the 6-key tournament).

While I do take into consideration others' opinions, I feel that ultimately I am making the right decision.

I weighed my options thoroughly, and I do have to stand my own ideals before anything else. I have an idea of where I want this to go, and I can't have popular opinion be the guide of everything I do. Arrows have directional influence, which makes no sense with spread play, which this is exclusively. I wanted this game, above all, to be the first game MADE FOR keyboard, and not adapted from a different game.

I want to give my players as many options as possible, but as much as I love that, anything in conflict with my main goal will have to be sacrificed, and in this case, it is the arrow noteskin.

I don't want people associating pad games with this one, because it certainly isn't a pad game. You wouldn't put arrows in Guitar Hero, IIDX, or Pop'n, so why put it in this new game?

If I alienate a fraction of my players, then that will have to do. I can't please everyone. However, I am confident that this will not be detrimental in the long run. Most people in this poll said they were okay with switching noteskins. In the end, I will be creating my own fan base anyways, so I don't need to leech too much off FFR.

In good time, things will fall together, and this decision will become trivial. I don't want to see a bunch of people all falling apart because of a little disagreement.

Ultimately, we all love rhythm gaming, and we all love this game. In the end, I think that's what matters most.