Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2009, 02:00 AM   #1
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl
Default IMHO: DS is the best console of all time.

Sorry, guys, but it's true. It's surpassed the Super Nintendo in my eyes, and that's saying something because that's what I grew up with and what got me locked into gaming forever.

Now, I should clarify that I consider PC gaming to be the way to go for 99% of all games, but it's not a "console" so it doesn't count.

The DS is everything I could want in a gaming device. It's got the right control scheme (great D-pad on the Light and DSi, perfect amount of buttons, and a touch screen for when you need tricky stuff.) It's graphical depths have been maximized, meaning game developers can focus on making stuff FUN rather than spending most of their development on making it look pretty. It's not to say there aren't games that look pretty (FFIV remake comes to mind), but the point is there's a limit and people who use the system don't mind.

That said, there's a dozen titles of old-school flavor that you just can't find anywhere else. It's about the only system with genuinely well-crafted platformers, from The New Super Mario Bros. to the eccentric Henry Hatsworth (look that game up, it's ****ing amazing.), to some great RPGs (some remade classics as well as lots of awesome Atlus titles, more than I can even think to list) to the best kinds of video games ever: puzzle games. I don't think I even need to comment on that because I mean. Puzzle games.

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote