Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-6-2004, 09:55 PM   #1
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter
Default TWG V Postgame Analysis

::hangs head::

Okay, something I would like to point out for future games: It is very illegal to share your role PMs. I got word this happened and was very sad at the ones who engaged in that practice. BY THAT TOKEN, asking specific questions about the PM (as in, "What's the last letter to every word of the second sentence of the regular human PM") is tantamount to showing a screenshot and should be just as illegal. This nearly screwed me from the start, and it apparently happened with someone else, too. I was quite disappointed with those who did that.

Now onto the game...

Night 1: Kefit dies. Why? He's a smart cookie, wasn't likely to be guardianed, and had an equal probability of being a special role as everyone else. Sorry, Kefit. We knew it'd suck for you, but we sure did laugh when we thought of it. We just narrowed down all the possibilities to you. =\

Day 1: Confusion amidst the humans. Kefit's death didn't give anyone anything to go on, so there was just the reactions of everyone that gave anyone any ideas. This is what got Snapps and evil on the block. A rules problem allowed Moogy to reveal his role without killing a human. This was great for the wolves because, although chardish didn't die from the vigilante attack, this set the humans back a day. Since they knew they were wrong on Day 1 they could only be sure that they were wrong again on Day 5, which is the earliest the wolves can win.

Night 2: We figured this was the most opportune time to kill chardish. No Tassel because we didn't want to waste a turn and prove his humanity, so we went with the next on the list. We had reason to believe that chardish was or could easily get in with Tassel, and that's an alliance we didn't want.

Day 2: Humans still had nothing to go on from the death, so it was back to looking at the posts. As usual, Qreepy looked suspicious, so he was voted off. I know that I made a very risky move with being the last to vote for him, but I really didn't want any more discussion to go on and him to get off the block.

Behind the scenes: It was during Day 2 that the fake seer idea came about...completely by accident. alain panicked when talking to chardish, got in a tight spot, and figured the best way out was to pull a fake seer stunt. Since chardish believed him and recommended him to Tassel, we thought about it a lot and figured that this was doable, especially since after telling Tassel, he believed alain.

Night 3: Blahblah dies. Same logic here. Smart person, trying to get people together. We obviously didn't consider Tassel since he was in our pockets.

It was at this point that we had this game in our hands and we were just waiting for the end of Day 5.

Day 3: Unfortunately for us, blahblah had spoken to LD before he was to be wolfed (unbeknownst to him) and revealed his role. LD had too many connections, and alain's cover was blown. We couldn't pin anything on blah since we proved his humanity by wolfing him, and once alain posted his "I lose" comment, we couldn't try any Tass/LD business. All the humans voted alain accordingly.

Night 4: Sleepless and I knew this would be extremely hard, so we had to drive a rift into any human alliances by taking out Tassel. Originally, we thought of Snapps, who was, pretty much, a confirmed human to Tassel (because alain "seered" him and it came back wolf). Snapps appeared to be in with the beans, too, so we didn't want the two groups coming together. Also, if we got rid of whorlichan, that's a smaller voting block for the Tassel side. However, getting rid of Tassel was the best possible thing to do, so we took a leap of faith, and our parachutes didn't open.

Day 4: Sleepless gets targeted, as do I. I see the game, so I start talking to Tassel like he talked to me last game and revealed his business. Now, had I know he would post it on the forums, I wouldn't have, but I just wanted to get started on the postgame with him. Because of this, I get killed, Kilga gives up on the game, and the humans come out victorious.

Ultimately, our first big mistake was starting the fake seer bit, but it would have worked extremely well had we not been so unlucky as to wolf blah. I had a great time working with alain and sleepless; they were perfect teammates. alain was excellent at being a human, especially since he's paid attention to all the games, and sleepless was fantastic to just hide in the shadows without anyone noticing. I didn't post as much as I should have, but that was partly because I haven't been awake during the busy hours. Also, I kind of quit watching my words by Day 3, so it wasn't hard to attract suspicion on Day 4. I think we played well until things went all to hell. But, that's what postgame is for.

Sigh.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.