Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-9-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
dunnski007
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dunnski007
Default AMAZING NEW IDEA!!!

i think that there should be a way to upgrade ranks. not by playing more and more.. but by challenging the person that is ahead of you. you could make a whole new game out of this. you could include ranks of all ffr players in a large chart and have challenge buttons beside their names so that you can challenge the person a couple ranks ahead of you (but not too many ppl ahead bcs then rank#1 would be very busy with challenges) but i think this could be a great way to improve the game, or you could just keep adding more songs and different options.
Old 04-9-2004, 09:22 PM   #2
plasmix
FFR Player

I choose the latter.
plasmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:33 AM   #3
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I think its a good idea, with some tweaking though.

Maybe synth will see this and come up with some development ideas.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:50 PM   #4
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It'd be cool if you could only challenge the person infront of you, that way you slowly work your way up the charts, and when all the cheaters make their way to the top we can ban them And if you win the the person infront of you and lose to the person behind you, they switch places, and so on.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:08 PM   #5
dunnski007
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

i say about up to challenging 5 people in front of you.. not just one.. because that wouldnt help people progress very fast. and i like how it could eliminate cheaters too
Old 04-10-2004, 03:38 PM   #6
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

I wouldnt call it an amazing new idea, but its a very interesting new thought.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:21 PM   #7
dunnski007
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

bump. cmon people. i think this is a great idea. whaddya think about it ?
Old 04-11-2004, 10:24 PM   #8
Upon1
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Upon1

sounds good
Old 04-11-2004, 10:33 PM   #9
ultimategamer
FFR Player

i think its a good idea, but needs some serious modifications, heres some possible guildlines that you could build off of

-you can only challenge someone within +/-100 ranks of you until you're rank 1000
-you then can only challenge someone within +/-50 ranks of you until rank 200
-this changes to +/- 10 ranks of you until your rank 50
-Then, +/- 5 ranks until 10. afterwards its a free for all between the top 10
-Note that these are only for rank effecting matches. Casual challenges can be made by anyone to anyone
-the challenger has 1 week to respond or its the challenge is automatically declined. whether or not it counts as a loss is up to synth
-only people active within a week can be challenged, and the challenger is given the time since their last log in. this is to try and prevent people challenging inactive people
-instead of a direct switch, a ranking point system should be implemented. more points are given by winning against someone higher than you, and vice versa.
-Afterwards its a toss up between the top 10, with only the top 5 being able to challenge for #1

also, very important:
-scores made during the challenges that exceed the maximum high score (@ secret arrows or whatnot) should not count and be the person who made the score should be given the option to do the level again.

thats all...boy am i bored ^_^
ultimategamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:45 PM   #10
dunnski007
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

wow.. thats more then i could ever have thought of.. all i want now is for synth to say something about this.. it seems like a great idea to me.. and could spark more interest in the site.. but the only thing im worried about is that this wouldnt cause synth a lot of trouble to make or anything.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:42 PM   #11
EmperorSteele
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to EmperorSteele

Well, ranks and challenges are already in place. "tourney ladder style" might be a bit hard to code, but after that it'd probably be easy to impliment, so it wouldnt be TOO much trouble for synth.

But i'd rather see all that effort going into new songs and fixing old problems, rather than creating a feature that i can see would make people challenge eachother endlessly and destroy FFR's servers.

EmperorSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:40 AM   #12
UBERFFRMASTER
FFR Player

Synth is working on to many projects at this moment

-R2 engine
-Version 6.8 of FFR
-The New songs being added daily
-Sever reparis/upgrades/maintence
-Fixing bugs/testing the new funtions

But i do admit that once Synth has free time or is done his project... it would be an interessting idea.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:15 AM   #13
sharpevil
FFR Player

I am completely for this.
sharpevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:33 AM   #14
_Blaze
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to _Blaze Send a message via MSN to _Blaze

Hmm...FFR ladder. Not a bad idea. The only problem I can think of would be things like bandwith...I mean, you have thousands and thousands of players on FFR, and it would have to be taking in different challenges and reporting the results, changing database, etc., etc. Maybe it would be a cool day to leave everything for a week, and one day out of the week is like "Challenge Day"...when all the challenges take place. Just a thought, but I think it'd be cool to see the rankings jump around one day every week. See who's defending the title, hot newcomers, rivalries, etc., etc.
_Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:49 AM   #15
chris123456
FFR Player

AWSOME IDEA
chris123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 11:27 AM   #16
ultimategamer
FFR Player

interesting idea, blaze. theres just the problem of being unavailable for that day =(

and i agree completely that synth should focus on the next version of FFR and R2, as well as fine tuning FFR before he considers doing something like this. However, this could also open a new venue of FFR fun, as well as give more people more of a reason to play FFR over Stepmania.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:53 AM   #17
djserwek
FFR Player

just think though. if the # 1 person wants to stay ther and not take a chance at losing his precious #1 spot then he just wont accept the challenge. same for anyone who doesn't want to go the other way... which pretty much applys to i think everyone.

Old 04-13-2004, 03:02 PM   #18
dunnski007
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

but dont you think that there are probably easy way to get around stuff like that ? such as when u reach a high enough rank, u have to accept 1 out of 2 challenges or something.. i believe this is a great idea and there is a way around every single little flaw in the idea. you just have to think creatively!
Old 04-13-2004, 06:42 PM   #19
Mychilli
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Mychilli

sounds like a good idea.
Mychilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:50 AM   #20
ultimategamer
FFR Player

also remember that, atleast in my ideas, this is a point based system, so if i the lazy person at #1 decided not to accept any challenges or remain inactive with an obsenely high number of points higher than everyone else, after like 2 weeks he could be put on an "inactive" list and taken out of the rankings. If he starts playing again, he'll be reintegrated into the rankings at his current point value.

i can see a few advantages with this. For one, the champion or whoever doesn't hafta worry too much about going on a vacation, since when they come back all they hafta do is catch up by winning. Also it takes care of inactives and prevents them from holding a certain rank too long before they are taken out of the rankings. Note that by "inactive" i don't mean not playing FFR, but rather accepting or making a ranked challenge.

Of course, the obvious downside would be that it would be difficult for new people to get a foothold in the rankings and nearly impossible to catch up to the #1 person if you start like a year after this begins. This can possibly be remedied by increasing the curve for ponts gained by challenging people of a higher rank than you if deamed necessary, but not so much that a new person can quickly gain the ranks. If a FFR prodigy comes along it should be hard, but not impossible, to catch up with some of the FFRers who were regulars since day 1.