Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 07:48 AM   #1
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Fun morning.

Instead of starting at this morning, let me start at yesterday.

I decided at 11:30 that I would halt anything and everything that was not Economics-related as I had the final exam Thursday morning at 7:30. I needed to get to sleep at 12:30 and get up at 6:30. 6 hours of sleep is plenty.

Come 2:00AM, I'm still not sleeping. Instead, I'm watching the ending to Getbackers. That was a terrific show indeed.

At 3:00AM I'm still not sleeping. I think at this time I went on an hour-long rampage to hunt down a single song from some video I heard a while back.

At 4:00AM I'm starting to figure out that I should be sleeping. So I stop doing things that don't matter. I go to bed at about 4:30.

So it's 7:06AM and I've just woken up. I was supposed to be awake at 6:30. I set my alarm for 6:30. It didn't go off at 6:30. I was supposed to shower, dress, and eat before 7:00; normally an easy task. I forego all but one of those three things. So at 7:15 I'm finally out the door to begin my normally-15 minute drive to my campus and then begin the 8 minute walk to class. Did I mention my gas tank is on empty at this time? It's 20-something degrees outside and just starting to snow and I'm running on empty. Awesome feeling.

So I arrive in class much much later than I should have despite the low gas. I'm all ready to take the final and junk. Except not. Because I don't have anything with me. So I have to pay someone else for a scantron and borrow a pencil.

At the writing of this post, I still have well over an hour of exam time remaining. During the exam, all I could think about was getting home and going back to sleep. Unfortunately, that's impossible. I'm not a daytime napper and nothing in this world would make me go to sleep mid-day sans my own death.

So I'm operating on about 2 hours of sleep. I feel really awesome. I have work later today until 9:00 at night. There's a snowstorm tonight as well.

The best part is that even though this is Finals Week, my university is retarded and decided to make the FINAL FINALS week next week. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week and Monday and Tuesday of next week collectively make my "finals week". I have my last final on Monday. As with Economics, I'll probably tell myself to prepare for it then just not.

It's been an awesome day. But you know, I'm sitting here listening to that one song I was hunting for all last night while wolfing down Rice Krispies, so all seems well.

Watch me crash later today.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:00 AM   #2
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default RE: Fun morning.

so, how'd the final go?
Old 12-15-2005, 08:27 AM   #3
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You know, I always found it hilarious that so many people ask that question immediately after I take an exam.

I have no idea. I can tell you I filled in bubbles on the scantron surprisingly well. I barely went outside those borders around the letter. If I don't get extra credit for that, then I don't know what will give me extra credit.

~Squeek
Old 12-15-2005, 08:47 AM   #4
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

Usually we ask, Squeek, because how you feel about an exam right after taking it is sometimes helpful. Did you know all the answers right off the top of your head, or did you feel lost? Was there stuff you barely recall learning (if at all) or just things the professor went over time and time again?

No matter how much I studied, I always came out of my math exams feeling like I'd done poorly, and lo and behold I did not get anything above a C in math between freshman geometry in high school and calculus in college, having taken several algebra and trig courses in between.

Then again, I always come out of anatomy lecture exams after about 20 minutes, having known EVERY SINGLE answer and getting excellent grades.

So, your instincts should tell you at least a little bit.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
whorlichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:55 AM   #5
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Only a 15 minute commute? Lucky bum. 45 minutes over here.
Freak83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #6
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Squeek... I ask because the entire thread was created BECAUSE you had an exam... it seems only fitting for you to have included how you thought you did.

And as Whorli said... you always know aproximately how you do on exams. Every exam I take I know when I walk out whether I got an A or a C. You either know material or you don't. If it were essays, I could understand being a little more unsure, but with scantron... its pretty clear cut.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:14 PM   #7
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

It's just that I don't like the question. I've felt awesome about an exam only to find out I bombed it. I've felt terrible about an exam only to find out I aced it. My feelings during a test mean nothing.

But fine. I'll answer. I feel like it doesn't matter what I get because I pass the class regardless of the grade on this exam, but if I didn't get at least a B on it, I'd wonder why.

~Squeek
Old 12-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #8
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Thanks to not going to Calc3, English just needing a paper, and all my other classes being labs, I only had one real exam, and that was on Monday. Chemistry, I can't remember what I got, but I passed the class with a B. That means no more chemistry for me EVER AGAIN IN MY LIFE!! WHOOHOOO!!!

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:49 PM   #9
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

way to hijack.. no one cares Noah.. but they care about me

Math exam tomorrow Econ monday.

blahblah18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:05 PM   #10
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

My friend Johann drove to his house (right by mine) from school with no ABS. It's a really nasty drive, and it was blizzarding and there was a wintery mix on the roads. When I say that he drove to his house, this is only assumption. He could very well be dead. :P

No finals for me.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:08 PM   #11
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Finished up my finals today.

I owned them all.