Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
User6773

Default TWG XIV - Tossing Out Some Info...

I've got a new idea planned for XIV but I want people to comment and opine about it before the actual game starts.
-------------------------------------------
CONDITIONS FOR VICTORY:
This is a tribal TWG. You have two affiliations: a race (Human or Wolf), and a tribe (we'll call them Red and Blue right now.)

The humans win if all the wolves die. The wolves win if there are even numbers of humans and wolves.

Your tribe wins if you completely eliminate all members of the opposing tribe: all humans and wolves on the opposing tribe.

It is possible, however unlikely, to win for both your race and your tribe. But as soon as one of the victory conditions is met, the game is over.

WOLVES (4, 2 per tribe) know which tribe they're on, but not which tribe any of their fellow wolves are on. As usual, they know who their fellow wolves are.

One wolf on each tribe is a Tribal Seer - they pick a human every night and they learn which tribe they're on.

All 4 wolves must arrive on a consensus as to who to execute every night. I will send every wolf a series of confirmation codes - 1 per night per player. I must receive all 4 correct confirmation codes from all 4 wolves before the death takes place. This is to prevent one wolf for "speaking for the wolves" in an attempt to take out members of the enemy tribe.

Remember, wolves, even though you might be inclined to stick together at the beginning, it's always to your advantage to try to take out members of the enemy tribe in case your tribe is plotting without your knowledge to push for a tribal victory. Or in case they lynch a wolf from the other tribe (or you're the only wolf left, for example) and suddenly it becomes easier to win as a tribe. It is never to your advantage to completely ignore one of the teams you're on, be it wolf/human or red tribe/blue tribe.

CHIEFTAINS know which tribe they're on, and the identity of their fellow chieftains. One of these on each tribe is a seer who can detect both the race and tribe of another player, and the other chieftain is a guardian. The guardian cannot guard himself or his fellow chieftain.

HUMANS do not know which tribe they are on, or the race or tribe of anyone else in the game.

The basic thrust of the game is that everyone is on two teams, but both those teams can't win at the same time. Meaning different people might be strategizing different ways, or different people might be pushing for different victories. Everyone has an agenda; alliances could be formed and broken, etc...since both teams can't win together, you're going to have to backstab one of your teams eventually. I see a lot more opportunity for conspiracy and intrigue in a TWG like this.

Comments? Suggestions? Improvements?

Old 04-14-2005, 08:16 PM   #2
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS
Default RE: TWG XIV - Tossing Out Some Info...

It's like survivor!

The resemblance is uncanny. But since the first survivor was so awesome, I want to play this anyway.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:25 PM   #3
User6773

Tass thinks humans should know the tribe they're on. I think I agree. Do you?

Old 04-14-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Would they be allowed to tell others what tribe they're on?
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:30 PM   #5
User6773

Default Re: RE: TWG XIV - Tossing Out Some Info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
Would they be allowed to tell others what tribe they're on?
They're also allowed to lie about it, yeah.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:32 PM   #6
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

What would lying about it accomplish?

If people know each other's colors, then we would have humans intentionally working against humans, and even possibly voting based on color instead of who they think are wolves.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:43 PM   #7
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
What would lying about it accomplish?

If people know each other's colors, then we would have humans intentionally working against humans, and even possibly voting based on color instead of who they think are wolves.
Exactly. That's one of two ways to win.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:46 PM   #8
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit

Humans should definitely know what tribe they are in. They would be far too in the dark without it. The informational benefit enjoyed by a special role in a regular TWG as compared to a human is already substantial, and this game would just compound that problem.

Furthermore, I have a hard time believing that all of this color stuff will actually accomplish anything. The reason that TWG works is that the wolves inherently have more information than the humans do, and thus it is possible to weed them out or for them to slipup. These colors, on the other hand, really give no one any more information. In other words, there is absolutely no way for the color of someone to be deduced, since all one has to do is lie (if they so choose) and that's that - the lie won't affect or involve any other players in the game, and it will be very easy to keep up said lie.

Really, what I see happening is that colors will be completely ignored, since it will be impossible to come to any real conclusion on them. Either that, or this game will become a backstabbing session among the wolves (since they will be the only ones who have any real means of deducing colors), leaving all the humans bored out of their minds.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:47 PM   #9
User6773

Quote:
That's the point.

Say I'm a red seer. I've recently discovered that Wolf A is not only a wolf, but also another red. Is it really to my advantage to kill him off? I've already told a few of my pals about about him who I know are fellow reds, and we decide that we can use him to push for tribal victory. Wolf A now knows that killing me, or anyone on my tribe who I already know for sure is on my tribe, means certain death for him. In other words, he'd have to pull off some really, really cool scheme to try to get a wolf victory at this point. But it'd be doable.

Also, let's say that human B and human C are both on the chopping block. Neither is a wolf, and I know that, but B is on my tribe and C is not. What possible motivation would I have for voting for B?

EDIT: The basic idea is that since I prefer voting for people not on my tribe, then it is possible to deduce colors, similarly to how people deduce wolves by their voting habits, not voting for people who are wolves, etc.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:50 PM   #10
Kefit
FFR Player

All the stuff I said being said, I think this can work, as long as more people have access to some way of coming to a solid conclusion on colors. Perhaps more color seers would help with this. Hell, I think a truly great game could be had by allowing every human to see the tribe of one player every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardish
EDIT: The basic idea is that since I prefer voting for people not on my tribe, then it is possible to deduce colors, similarly to how people deduce wolves by their voting habits, not voting for people who are wolves, etc.
If you are a seer, sure, this is possible. But the vast majority of players wont have access to information like this, and wont have anyone that they know for sure is another member of their tribe, and thus wont be able to come to any conclusions like this.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #11
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

If everyone has the ability to see others, you know that myself, blah, and maybe eb/hans would be seen by everyone... putting specifically blah and myself at a huge disadvantage, with many people knowing what we are and nothing in return....

Also, through a simple network, everyone would know everyone's color by the end of day 3. Wouldn't be hard to get a 3-person alliance on day 1, those 3 see 3 more, get who they saw on day 1, all see different people on day 3, bam... just about everything is known about everyone, cept who the wolves are.

That isn't a good idea.

I still don't like this idea, but I'll play. And I will be a hardass like I said I would be.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:01 PM   #12
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit
If you are a seer, sure, this is possible. But the vast majority of players wont have access to information like this, and wont have anyone that they know for sure is another member of their tribe, and thus wont be able to come to any conclusions like this.
4/18 people have the ability to see colors. That's unprecedented. Networks will pop up rather quickly. There will be lying.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:08 AM   #13
flux_
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flux_ Send a message via MSN to flux_

This seems like a pack game with a little twist on how the teams are set up. I like the basic idea of it, but I think only one side should have a seer (randomly selected). Maybe the other side can have a psychic or something. I'm not sure if I like that the wolves have that ability, though.

I think the fact that the wolves are on different tribes, but also are still wolves together is a good idea. That'll throw another element in there that you never get from regular games, and you don't really get from pack games.

I'll probably try to play in this game after your post in the XIII after game, chardish. :]
Old 04-15-2005, 05:40 AM   #14
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

nice idea, makes for some very complicated gameplay. It almost makes me want to wing it.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:02 AM   #15
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

I still don't know about this.

I might sit this one out, I'll have to think about it.

Humans intentionally working against humans just...isn't kosher.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:11 AM   #16
User6773

Quote:
I still don't know about this.

I might sit this one out, I'll have to think about it.

Humans intentionally working against humans just...isn't kosher.
The game's what you make of it. You might push strongly for a human victory, people might follow your lead. This can be especially potent if wolves are pushing for tribal victory. Form alliances, and give it your best shot.

The whole gist of the game is that tribal isn't always the best way to win, and wolf-human isn't always the best way to win.

Old 04-15-2005, 08:14 AM   #17
Kefit
FFR Player

Going for a tribal win is not a good idea. Why? Because it requires depending upon the wolves to kill a significant portion of the other side for you. Regardless of tribal affiliation, the wolves are not on the same side as you, and thus depending upon them to do something for you is not a wise idea.

Although I like the general idea of this game, I don't see it working as it is currently set up - the colors will simply have no affect upon the gameplay.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:30 AM   #18
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Going for a tribal win is not a good idea. Why? Because it requires depending upon the wolves to kill a significant portion of the other side for you. Regardless of tribal affiliation, the wolves are not on the same side as you, and thus depending upon them to do something for you is not a wise idea.

Although I like the general idea of this game, I don't see it working as it is currently set up - the colors will simply have no affect upon the gameplay.
I don't agree at all. If you can form an alliance with a wolf of your color, you can have him convince the other wolves to wolf someone of the other color while you and the rest of your side try to lynch the other color's wolves. Also, since few will have the opportunity to be assured of someone being a wolf, this could happen between two supposed humans. I think this could work really well.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:38 AM   #19
User6773

Quote:

You keep thinking this way. You draw wolf, and you randomly start killing humans, not caring about which tribe they're on.

Meanwhile, a wolf from the other tribe is convincing you to kill off members of your own tribe. It's still a wolf/human issue - as far as you know. Secretly, you're being plotted against by your own team.

That wolf from the other tribe then conspires to have you lynched, and you're gone. There will be conspiracies - that's part of the game. TWG is great, but I wanted to see more scheming and plotting going on, which is why I developed this variant.

In case you can't tell, I love inventing social games like this.

Old 04-15-2005, 09:48 AM   #20
Cenright
You thought I was a GUY?!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Location: Beaumont (A town with 25 times fewer people than this site)
Send a message via AIM to Cenright Send a message via MSN to Cenright Send a message via Yahoo to Cenright

It is a little like the 2 different wolf teams game, but with much more cooperation.

Most people will make the other wolves a target, but after day 2 or 3 some will start to feel that maybe they need to go for the the other tribe instead. The thing with this, is that the humans need to identify whether or not certain people are seeming to go for less wolfy candidates. This wont happen until day 2 or 3, but then it is a constant problem after that.
Closed Thread