Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2009, 05:41 AM   #1
Cherubi
Banned

Default Capsule - Tokyo Smiling

second try at a spread file. might be a little weird because i 'm still used to index

Cherubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
AniMeowzerz
#TeamAnimal
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Capsule - Tokyo Smiling

I think you should know that I'm going to be playing this.
All.
The.
Time.
I thought it was a really good chart, really fun. You can't go wrong with Capsule either, so yeah. <3 5/5
AniMeowzerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
dood gone krazee
RATOOOOOOOOO
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dood gone krazee Send a message via MSN to dood gone krazee

You're actually not that far off from how a spread file should be stepped. In some of the sections I couldn't tell what you were layering in, but it seemed to work. Minifreezes are sometimes a bad with if you have too many of them. Since you're stepping the vocals, why not try only adding holds when the notes are sustained, and not when they're just in 8th or 16th notes.

Pretty good though, no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

"[++] 9/10
Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"
dood gone krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

hmm I wonder which dark chancellor Cherubi is an alt of
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
moches
FFR Player

Just so you know, there aren't many patterns at all that are awkward for spreaders.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
Cherubi
Banned

oh alright. i just thought sometimes one handed patterns arent fun for spread. what's a dark chancellor ;_; i feel targeted...
Old 06-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
Glitz
FFR Player

dark chancelling detected
Glitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

moches is wrong; there are awkward patterns for spread. for instance the ending of the presence of enemies part II is very hard for its speed because of all the 212 212 repeated patterns buried amongst the jumpstream. stargroup's klungkunghand is also hard in one section that has long right-handed one handed trills amongst jumpstream. a good rule of thumb I heard is that the more time 8th notes appear consecutively in any of the columns the harder the jumpstream is. also obviously a random fast long one-handed trill is awkward especially if it's just fast enough to make you think you can one-hand it but you can't double especially if it's part of lots of stream or lots of trills. basically if there's a particularly hard part in your sim then you can make it easier by adjusting it so it alternates hands fluidly, for instance 13241324 you can turn into 12341234 and make it easier, and (13)2(13)2 can be turned into (12)3(12)3.

anyway 'dark chancellor' is an injoke from back in more ODIish days when SMG3 was coming out. what seemed to be happening was that the entire base of good spread simfile authors was a static group that wasn't growing (and we had been aware of this observation for some time) so eventually the idea came up to just cast off any sense of irony and call everyone in the SMG3 pack dark chancellors so it'd be the dark chancellor pack. even in the DCP there were some apparently new people who were actually alts (synexi = kommisar, charlotte = kil, zelda = amy I think) (there was also a file from someone who hadn't been in any packs before, ferrari with Thunderclap) and since then we've also had Glitz and Dimentio accused of being dark chancellor alts.
anyway the joke is that every new simfile maker who's actually good must actually be a dark chancellor alt. it's a joke
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)

Last edited by Patashu; 06-23-2009 at 07:23 PM..
Old 06-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #9
Cherubi
Banned

oh i get it....i think ;_; should i be flattered? haha XD so its some kind of inside joke at odi? i can't even register there
Old 06-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
moches
FFR Player

Yeah what Patashu said. I wasn't trying to said that just because it's a spread file doesn't mean you should be aware of how your patterns flow but there's just not as many ways to get awkward patterns than if you were making an index file. So 80 percent of the time, you're in the clear. (You could actually use harder patterns as the song progresses sometimes to develop a subtler climax feeling; I haven't field tested this though so I could be wrong.)

If this is your second file, I'm amazingly impressed. Other than the rather obvious use of minifreezes (try what dgk said and limit the freezes to just sustained notes and some percussion), it was close to spot-on. Great job.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #11
Cherubi
Banned

second "spread" file since i have made a lot before that arent so good XD but usually they're index. thats why i dont think anyone would play them...
Old 06-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #12
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

the active community here at ffr's forum is very biased towards higher levels of play. even our active one-handers play spread files rofl. if stepmania.com or bemanistyle.com was more active you'd have luck with promoting indexable files there but they're not really. I mean the audience is out there but I don't know -where-