Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the most successful of the updates?
Project Natal (Xbox 360) 7 87.50%
Playstation Motion Sensor (PS3) 1 12.50%
Both will fail 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-2-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
fireking550
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to fireking550
Default Project Natal (xbox 360) vs Playstation motion sensory (PS3)

As many gamers know E3, probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest, video game conventions is taking place this week. Well all three of the major system holders out there all have a good line up of games on the way (not going through them all you know what they are) Microsoft and Sony both stepped up with a beta of different styles of motion sensors. Instantly I like the ideas and Instantly i have problems with them both. Before I tell you my problem with them the point of this post is which one do you think is going to become a biggest success and work better?

Ok than i will talk about the Playstation sensor because i have more to bark at them than Project natal. At their conference at E3 Sony gave a demonstration of how by combining a eye toy with some motion sensative controllers you could copy your movements almost exactly and for the brief demonstration of a beat i WOULD have been pretty impressed if not for one thing, doesn't this seem familiar? A motion controller with buttons? One controller for each hand? Shaky writing and hard to control? Thats right, sony has made a wii, maybe a wii with better graphics and a camera but slap a goggly eye on the wii and what is the difference? The link to the demonstration is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaQsXdKbUw8

Ok now Project Natal instantly came on as something interesting to me, i believe it will work for casual gaming but never transgress to hardcore style play. The final sensor is obviously going to have a delay unless there going to make us pay huge amounts of money for the thing. However i like this better because IT IS DIFFERENCE! There is no ripping off of the wii (excusing the motion sensor) It has a mic, facial recognition, and all the things needed for a good casual experience. Now i mean who hasn't just wanted to wave there hand and scroll through a page or such? As of now Natal is better because it is different, it is new, and it is a risk. When this is released Microsoft can't stop here they need to find a way to get this to Hardcore games as well as casual, as of now i see no Hardcore future for it. Here is the demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSWER...e=channel_page

THats my opinion and Please not that neither of these are going to be released anytime soon these are just based off of the beta demonstrations. Vote in the poll and tell what you think
fireking550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds
Default Re: Project Natal (xbox 360) vs Playstation motion sensory (PS3)

If I want to flip pages, or put my hand in a pond, I do just that.

However, I will never, ever wield an oversized wrench to take out hordes of robots.

oh hey

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
argo15
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Project Natal (xbox 360) vs Playstation motion sensory (PS3)

Playstation's sensor greatly improved the Wii-mote. Xbox's Natal greatly improved the eyetoy. I think the Wii revolutionized gaming, and Sony will have to agree since there going in the same direction as Nintendo. Microsoft said "**** that, insted of improving the last revolution in gaming we're going to create a whole new one."

It looks like Microsoft is trying to change the way technology works. Just take a look at Microsoft Surface.
argo15 is offline   Reply With Quote