Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default FFR, dying for realz?

Well, I hear all this stuff about FFR dying, and after talking to one of my friends, who is quitting, and examining my own interest in this site, I actually am starting to believe that FFR's slowly dying. Signs of decline:

I've noticed that the forums used to be booming, and there would be new threads constantly and responses would come up almost immediately. On top of that, there would generally at least be 5 people viewing most threads in general discussion and stuff. Now it takes days for someone to reply, even in a once popular thread, the people viewing most are slim to none lately, and every time I visit the boards, it feels, dead.

I'm actually losing interest in FFR the game, and I've noticed a lot of other members are too. The proof? Most members are now spending more time on SM and hardly play anymore. I'm beginning to also. I think I might give it up completely and switch to SM at this rate. The only thread that is really active is SM score thread, and that is saying a lot. My friend says he'll only use this site now to post SM scores...

The game has been getting boring, I don't know why, it just is. I feel like I have to play the same damn boring songs over and over that I can't AAA, and it's no longer fun. Other than those, all the other songs I've AAA'd, so I don't see a challenge or point in trying to do better on them, just play it, be done, and then say now what? The new songs that are coming out for some reason, don't seem to have the shine the other ones used to. When we had the big songs pumped out quickly (Thrash through Chaoz Japan). Even that seemed to lack the luster FFR used to have. These new songs (though I was looking forward to Perfect Cherry Storm) aren't really fun to me, despite being great files, and I've noticed the number of people who have played them is much lower than it should be. The most fun time all my time on FFR was probably skill token month, not specifically because I was a token whore (though I was) but because every day I had something to try and accomplish and then a new song to try out. And sometimes it would be a challenge that would keep me going for weeks. But now, we wait a week for a song that is relatively mediocre, and then another 2 weeks for the song we want, just to realize that playing one song for 2 more weeks until the next big hit comes out just isn't as fun as it used to be.

This is all just my opinion, and what I think I've noticed, but I really feel like FFR is not as amazing as it used to be, to me at least. Maybe this shows that I've matured and feel like moving on. I don't know. Btw, this, as in every other post for the last month, is me, DWDS. Stavie has pretty much been done with FFR and doing other stuff, like ITG, DDR, Tales games, and SM. But he wasn't the friend I was talking to, my friend wishes to be kept anonymous
You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)
Old 04-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR, dying for realz?

That's not how it works.
When you said a lot of people are losing interest.
When you started playing there were a lot of people that were good too, then they stopped. Now there are new good players of FFR. Then they will die down, new good players will replace them.
Ledwix, Rubix, i can name tons but, those are the few most people would know.
smitty too.

As for the forums, when people post spam, it gets deleted now. It's not full of stupid random crap now.
The SM forum is popular because SM > FFR. Nuff said.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
chidori!
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to chidori! Send a message via Yahoo to chidori!

There haven't been any tokens or skill tokens out that much ether.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

lots of people are losing interest too because FFR is more competitive then SM. Sm you dont have to worry much about getting AAA's since your stats for the game are not based off it. On FFR, people worry too much about getting a AAA and about their stats, they dont play the game just to play it. SM you dont have to worry about that, you get a good score, you can brag about it or whatever you wanna do with it. Thats why people are mainly switching.

I think it is slowly dying too becasue the staff + the community just dont seem to be getting into the site as much as they used to. There used to be a main page post almost everyday with new events, tokens, artists, etc. Now we dont see posts like that for up to a month or more.

So I see it slowly dying too, but im not going to quit until something in my outside life leads to me quitting, other then that, im here dead site or not.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFBrandon View Post
That's not how it works.
When you said a lot of people are losing interest.
When you started playing there were a lot of people that were good too, then they stopped. Now there are new good players of FFR. Then they will die down, new good players will replace them.
Ledwix, Rubix, i can name tons but, those are the few most people would know.
smitty too.

As for the forums, when people post spam, it gets deleted now. It's not full of stupid random crap now.
The SM forum is popular because SM > FFR. Nuff said.
SM > FFR is totally true, which is probably why. But a lot of pro's have left, Ledwix, Scottish, Smitty, etc. I also haven't seen Destiny doing much either. Idk. And skill tokens and tokens are fun, but not necessary to make the site great, idk, things just don't feel the same anymore
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 04-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
ViViK
FFR Player

Threads like this make me want to quit FFR.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
stavie33
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
lots of people are losing interest too because FFR is more competitive then SM. Sm you dont have to worry much about getting AAA's since your stats for the game are not based off it. On FFR, people worry too much about getting a AAA and about their stats, they dont play the game just to play it. SM you dont have to worry about that, you get a good score, you can brag about it or whatever you wanna do with it. Thats why people are mainly switching.

I think it is slowly dying too becasue the staff + the community just dont seem to be getting into the site as much as they used to. There used to be a main page post almost everyday with new events, tokens, artists, etc. Now we dont see posts like that for up to a month or more.

So I see it slowly dying too, but im not going to quit until something in my outside life leads to me quitting, other then that, im here dead site or not.
you said it better than I did. I forgot to mention the front page hasn't been updated in weeks (no, the retarded Tass video doesn't count, not because of Tass, but because it had little to do with FFR or anything really, the advice made little sense and doesn't help with any game, and if it was a joke, I didn't laugh so...)
Turning me round (Oh Oh)
Old 04-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViViK View Post
Threads like this make me want to quit FFR.
Says the man who has 2 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
Old 04-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

lmao virus

also yeah, FFR is dying but feh, I don't really mind...I mean, not everyone's going to stay active forever, that's just silly

the circle of life~*~*~*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
Old 04-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #10
ViViK
FFR Player

tass has to pass the torch, nobody likes him
gg
Old 04-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Maybe you should also consider the time of the year it is. For me, I'm finishing up finals, so I'll have more time to play afterwards. There are likely such seasonal fluctuations in the site's traffic.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #12
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

In before the guaranteed lock.

In before my 24 hour ban.

lol
Old 04-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
5.points
Provy
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 5.points

I have to lost interest in this game, SM and FFR. It doesn't seem like I'm getting any better anymore.

I don't think I'll ever leave this site even if I don't play anymore.

and yeah, I'm pretty sure the inactivity has been because of lack of mods and admins. Either that or people have other things to worry about like school. That's probably the reason of inactive mods and admins.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #14
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

foil, you're too damn distinguished to be banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #15
Sprite-
HAVE ME WITH VODKA
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

As was said already, people do actually quit this game after playing it for a while. Just because you feel the site is boring now, doesn't mean that the more recently joined players feel the same way. People have played and quit this game for years. It's all just a part of the cycle. There are many many new people who have so much to accomplish on this game. You've just been here long enough that you are probably at the end of your cycle. It happens to everyone eventually.

Also, this thread was not necessary. Instead of helping the site, it spreads negative attitude throughout the community. Therefore, I shall lock this.
Closed Thread