Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Contested Chart Difficulties
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default NaiNai 69 [11 or 12]

I saw this mentioned during the St. Patrick's Day release when the files had all green notes. However, the files have been changed back to normal coloring.

That being said, this file is a lot easier to read. It does have some bootraps and the big 32nd rolls are certainly dense and can be combo breakers, but these can be jumptrilled without too much difficulty because they end in jumps, which makes boos less of a problem.

Most of the file is also 8th minijacks with 16th bursts. Being at 266 BPM, these minijacks aren't that bad, but there are some one-handed pattern transitions as well that can be awkward.

I compare these minijack sections to something like Piano Etude Gymnastics, which has a few weird one handed 16th long jacks in the speedup. NaiNai's long jacks are basically the big 32nd rolls.

This is a rather fast paced file, but is manageable. Overcoming the one-handed patterns and bootraps is the biggest challenge, but I think this is an 11.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22
Default Re: NaiNai 69 [11 or 12]

personal thought is to keep it as a 12. It's a great borderline chart, tbh.

By the way, that ending is such a piece of shit troll. jus sayin.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
I like it
Housekeeper

i'm gonna have to say to keep this as a 12, it's def tougher than most 11s and it takes a lot of speed to hit the arrows correctly
Old 03-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
emulord
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Imo 11. Far easier than Lolo or Reality for me (But I'm awful at those charts). Looks like a fast 11 with a few hard to AAA parts, but should be easy to combo with decent PA.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

Personally, I rate this song with of course you need and need and blah blah me ....

Which to be completely honest, I find harder then LOLO and FN >.> .... it's speed so naturally to some its quite easy and to others it's quite hard...

But I do find Nai somewhat more difficult to hit then OCYNme. So as I stated before, put this as the cut off line of 11's and 12's as a starter for FGO's? ... of course it's all subjective because He's A Rad Rat should def. be a 12 lulz
Old 03-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #6
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I would say high 11. Flesvelka is trickier than this file (even though I will admit that there are a good handful of tricky spots in NaiNai) but slower than NaiNai. On the other hand, Of course you need me is faster than NaiNai, but has more straightforward patterns. NaiNai falls directly in the middle of these mid-high FMOs, so I would place this under high FMO. I'm sure I can choose more songs than just Of course or Flesvelka to make my point stronger.

Gunkienakfasfakljw, FN, and Lolo demands about the same speed but more variation in the patterns and more difficulty since the patterns are stamina-draining. Reality demands a ridiculous amount of speed. None of these low FGOs compare to NaiNai in my opinion.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Ok so I picked up some speed lol. My opinion on this now is that it's about the same as FN, Lolo, Gunkienen in speed and should be labeled just like them as an FGO. That's the class it belongs to. I think it's harder than FN because of the fact that it doesn't flow as well as FN and the rolls are a little faster in NaiNai 69 but still can be jumptrilled.

Basically leave it as a low 12 with FN, Lolo, Gunkienen, etc.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #8
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

11, not even really debatable imo but eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
Old 03-20-2012, 12:40 AM   #9
tofurox
Them arrows.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to tofurox

I tried the file and feel it should stay a 12. This file is definitely harder than FN, and some other FGO's I've played. I think it should stay a 12, it just doesn't seem easy enough to be an 11. Too many awkward patterns.

This sig has been enhanced by the FFR Staff for being too large. Thank you for participating.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:35 AM   #10
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

I kinda feel it's an 11. The patterns, as mentioned, are kinda bootraps at points, and some of them require some control and speed, but nothing overly difficult in my opinion compared to some of the other high FMO's and the lower end FGO's.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:59 AM   #11
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

As long as Frictional Nevada is a 12 this has to be one if you asked me.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

This file is one of those files that looks like an 11 but plays like a 12 in my opinion. (This is kinda in Middie's words when he was talking to me about it. Just figured I'd throw that out there so I don't get accused of stealing his words. xD) My brain, when playing it, is like this song doesn't look too bad for an FGO, but my fingers like to tell another story. The strange thing is that when looking at the leaderboards, it seems that the scores from D5 and D6 seem to reflect that the file is an FMO, but scores from players in D4 and below reflect scores that shows that it should be an FGO. I think the bias with the people that say it should be an 11 is because speed is the main concern with being able to play this file. For those that have it, this file is cake, for those that don't however, this file becomes AIDS and totally FGO-worthy.

tl;dr Leave it as FGO.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 03-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Me and spitfire made it and unless the frames are retarded it's a clear (mid to high) 11.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #14
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven
FFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
11, not even really debatable imo but eh
Pretty much this.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #15
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Me and spitfire made it and unless the frames are retarded it's a clear (mid to high) 11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herogashix View Post
Pretty much this.
Of course it feels like that for you guys. Like I said D5+ players are getting FMO-esque scores just because they have the speed to be able to play it.

Let me put it this way, if it is an FMO, why are some D4 players sightreading over a 100 goods when they can clearly SDG a good amount of other FMO's?

EDIT:
*Difficulties should attempt cater to all skill levels. For example, if we only catered to D6 players, then we'd pretty much have three difficulties, 1 for levels 1-10 since they are all easy AAA's for them, 2 for FMO's, and 3 for FGO's.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

Last edited by reuben_tate; 03-20-2012 at 04:45 PM..
Old 03-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

haha what, it's added as FGO? I thought for sure this would be added as FMO, I can SDG this easily on stepmania. :') I have yet to try it without the GNS, but if people feel it's a 12 though, that's fine by me.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #17
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Agree with Ben and Middie up there. Looks like an 11, plays like a 12 due to the sheer amount of speed required. Still, the main criterion I use for determining the borderline is whether or not I have to mash the crap out of any given section to have a shot at FCing. With NaiNai, the ending qualifies if only because my stamina is running low around there.

However, I think we should take a lesson from the Max Forever debate. The patterns are FMO worthy, but the speed and stamina required is the main argument for keeping it FGO. I'm actually for bumping it down because the bursts are relatively easy to jumptrill. Plus, with the GNS gone, I FCed it first try. :/
Old 03-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket

The song is simple, yes, but trickier (IMO) then Frictional Nevada and somewhat draining. It's easier then songs like PE (Gym) and Radical Rat however, so I'm torn.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #19
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
This file is one of those files that looks like an 11 but plays like a 12 in my opinion. (This is kinda in Middie's words when he was talking to me about it. Just figured I'd throw that out there so I don't get accused of stealing his words. xD) My brain, when playing it, is like this song doesn't look too bad for an FGO, but my fingers like to tell another story. The strange thing is that when looking at the leaderboards, it seems that the scores from D5 and D6 seem to reflect that the file is an FMO, but scores from players in D4 and below reflect scores that shows that it should be an FGO. I think the bias with the people that say it should be an 11 is because speed is the main concern with being able to play this file. For those that have it, this file is cake, for those that don't however, this file becomes AIDS and totally FGO-worthy.

tl;dr Leave it as FGO.
I don't think basing your argument on scores is a reasonable way to determine difficulty of files since people do improve over time. Sightreading something only determines a player's ability to react to patterns at their first attempt, not necessarily the difficulty of the file.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #20
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'll admit that based on note density alone, it's a 12. Actual play time is a little less than 1:40 as opposed to 2:05 or w.e the in-game stat says, with an nps average closer to 14. That being said, the quicker sections of the file are incredibly short-lived with several eighth note sections scattered in between to alleviate the feel of a constant broken jumpstream onslaught similar to a file like Lolo. There's also very little one hand bias. The 32nds get kinda framer fucced at 266bpm but it really isn't that big of an issue since everyone's jumptrilling shit at that speed anyways. The only potentially arguable FGO-worthy part of the file is the ending.

Still sticking with 11 despite the high nps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
Closed Thread