Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
goku_god_of_fighting
FFR Player

Exclamation i have bit of a problem. ok a big one.

basiccaly i was doing ffr all this time with all those rainbow crazy collour arrows. and every time i did a difficult song or one with tons of arrows i would get confused and start mashing.

and i decided ok... im tired of this and i went to the betta not even moments after playing with the traditional ffr arrows. when i switched to the volocity arrows nothing special except they have solid color... and and i found out very aggrivatingly that it was easier to hit the arrows and i didnt get confused by all the arrows i could see them a lot clearer, meaning i chit them like they were no problem at all.
this bothers me for a good reason, anyone who has been using the traditional ffr arrows has been at a severe disadvantage. their learning curve for ffr was steeper then if the arrows were solid colors.

so i think the arrows should be switched to solid colors with the option to go to traditional arrows.

this might have seemed confusing coming from me.

but i hope you understand what i was trying to say and act on it soon. would probably do nothing short of make the ffr more newby friendly increasing players, that come play and actually stay. the reason people dont like this game the big one is they think they cant do it believe me ive tried to convince some friends of mine to play but they100% believed they couldn't do it.

no trolls please cuz im making a valid point.
so i wont reply to trolls.
goku_god_of_fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: i have bit of a problem. ok a big one.

I can understand where you're coming from - obviously solid filled colored arrows are much easier for you to read. But maybe this is just because you are uncomfortable with FFRs current arrow schematics.

For instance, I started my rhythm gaming career on FFR. Because of this, I find the FFR arrow scheme much easier to read than the traditional stepmania or opaque arrow sets.

It's all a matter of readability and how comfortable it is to someone. Everyone has their own preferences.
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Nice suggestion, but really it's all preference to each person individually..
Old 09-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

OP Post is the reason I went from 5-6 FMO AAAs to 40 FMOs. Heavy clusters of arrows are a lot more easier to nail with the flashy Velocity noteskin(I'm not going to start explaining how subconscious reacts better to light visual stimuli, but yeah). Once you fix lag, get a decent keyboard and get used to a conversion friendly speedmod (1.5x/1.75x/2.0x)(I swear it's having a small impact on framers) the game is incredibly easier even if you're horrible at stepmania/ffr in general.
Hakulyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
goku_god_of_fighting
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
I can understand where you're coming from - obviously solid filled colored arrows are much easier for you to read. But maybe this is just because you are uncomfortable with FFRs current arrow schematics.

For instance, I started my rhythm gaming career on FFR. Because of this, I find the FFR arrow scheme much easier to read than the traditional stepmania or opaque arrow sets.

It's all a matter of readability and how comfortable it is to someone. Everyone has their own preferences.
well im a vet ive been playing since 2008. i had a few accounts since then but ive been on goku god of fighting for the longest.
and i can vouch for solid colors being easier.

i even did a test i did black noise one im prone to mashing almost the whole song switched to volocity and mashing maybe like once or twice when my fingers got tired or the double arrows got too crazy (double arrows are like a tongue twister if you get a whole streak of them going in random combos)

but you bring up a good point readability i can read the solid colors a lot easier. hell even the metal arrows make me mash cuz of the grey in between the arrows. but a nice solid color = easy read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
(I'm not going to start explaining how subconscious reacts better to light visual stimuli, but yeah)..
too many colours eg: traditional ffr arrows. when too many colors are on the screen make you prone the deer eye effect. (deer sees car headlights and gets hit) basically what your talking about. all the colors overload your processing ability.

also i like the way this thread turned out. no trolling and its very insightful xD

Last edited by goku_god_of_fighting; 09-19-2011 at 10:34 PM..
Old 09-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

btw, if you log on your account and play with velocity noteskin, it's supposed to keep that noteskin for the next time you're online like it's keeping the other settings like key binding. So, unless you're asking for an option to change the "default" noteskin, I don't see what you're looking for that's not already here. It's not like it was hard to click one thing in settings.
Hakulyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #7
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It's a matter of preference, I can't read very well with velocity noteskin.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #8
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
(I'm not going to start explaining how subconscious reacts better to light visual stimuli, but yeah).
This is truth. Yesterday I tried playing with the brightness of a monitor at 50 and at 70, at 50 I was super sloppy at 70 I was back to normal
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:16 AM   #9
Emithith
FFR Player

I do just fine with the default noteskin. I use the Delta noteskin on SM, too. I play both a day, and I see no skill increase/decrease, other than the adjustment to judging, and CMod.
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:07 AM   #10
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

Lol I had to check to see which note skin I was even using I'm on original though seems fine to me.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #11
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

It's all preference. Plenty of people play great with the normal noteskin. I'm terrible with any of the other noteskins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:31 AM   #12
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

I can read Velocity and standard ffr about the same. It's the bars and circles that throw me the **** off
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #13
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost

Yeah I usually play better with the regular noteskin, except on songs with backgrounds.
MaxGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:34 AM   #14
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

Orbular is awesome on Velo's engine otherwise, agreed with the above about the regular noteskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
00Razor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #15
goku_god_of_fighting
FFR Player

well then i guess it was just me. i guess guess I GOKU GOD OF FIGHTING was the one with the cripple ability to read classic ffr notes xD volocity for me.

oh i was just saying it would be nice to have the other ffr not just the betta to have the option for solid colour notes cuz prefer the old one but also i liek the new one... so long story short

for people who love the roginal set up off ffr and people liek me torn and people who love the new one

can you finish the betta then just make a option to turn on the new skin and a option to keep the old one.
like a yes no sorta thing xD

edit:

not gona lie tho i am near sited and my father is color blind. altho i havent noticed any greys or weird colors but it may have something to do with why i get confused and start mashing when all the colorful classic ffr arrows come on the screen. rather then when i use volocity arrows which are solid colors.

Last edited by goku_god_of_fighting; 09-23-2011 at 08:17 AM..