Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-8-2015, 01:37 PM   #1
tunsz555
FFR Player

Default I made an entry in "Mumei 12" (Anonymous War) BMS event

I wanted to introduce this great BMS event to you all.. maybe some of you know BoF, this is smaller event but with unique charms.

Recently I gain interest in BMS event submission because it can force me to make music and get new friends in Twitter. (and learn Japanese with it) It pretty much felt like coming here and trying to submit files into Stepmania packs many years ago. What's better is people are providing original songs, BMS charts and also a movie as well. It surprised me that it is very alive even to these days.

Mumei 12 or Anonymous War 12 is a BMS event which have restriction that you must not be a well-known BMS maker or music composer in this scene which I think is the good event for me. (And for you if you decided to have a go next time) I made the song with my friend, and my another friend made the BMS chart. It is my first time making an MV as well. A same feeling, but a big step up from Stepmania which you must make a banner and BG image.

Overall it feels really fresh that many people are coming up with original contents and enjoying it together. All these Japanese people are honestly doing it for fun but of course the quality is damn good. I probably will have to get the IIDX controller soon to enjoy these original creations. I haven't made any new Stepmania simfiles like since 2-3 years ago, so this is very nostalgic.

The song list is in here. There is a link saying "Google Drive" which you can download all 50 songs and play it in Lunatic Rave 2. The event features impression system which you can freely comment and give scores. The system is pretty well-made.
http://manbow.nothing.sh/event/event..._def&event=101

Currently "Le Reve" is on the lead. I agree because the music and MV production is pretty damn good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2_NsB18Gi8

But this one is my favorite : "Lucid Quartz" I played like 20 times and it is not getting boring anytime soon. Very calming progressive house! (With a touch that I immediately know that Japanese person made it. I don't know why but it really is. Maybe it is because I liked syatten's progressive house.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Uvd_M3zWw
(In soundcloud is even 1000 times better https://soundcloud.com/re-gats/lucid-quartz)

This one is my song btw. It is called Exargon which is just a concatenation of 5argon (my other name because Sargon is always taken) and my friend encX lol. I provided download link in the video if you don't want to download a pack of all 50 files.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccw_5c1apao

I planned to enter this year's BoF too. Maybe I will become a better composer this way.

I wonder if everyone already had get into BMS long time ago, but for me this is the first time and I think is equally wonderful comparing to Stepmania pack community in the past where we comment and vote then finally play together.
Old 06-9-2015, 11:54 PM   #2
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

Default Re: I made an entry in "Mumei 12" (Anonymous War) BMS event

this is fucking legit

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

sick, I'll download all of these and check em out today
your chart gets top priority 8)
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:38 PM   #4
cytex11
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to cytex11

This is fucking amazing.

Also your song pretty damn good.
cytex11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #5
choof
Banned

I... actually didn't like the chart for your song lol. The song's pretty cool and the MV is great but man, the another chart (and the hyper) are just too heavy on the longnotes.

I've played about 4 or 5 songs so far
Old 06-10-2015, 11:04 PM   #6
James May
FFR Player

well then this I stumbled on xD
The song and MV are dope though Sargon <3

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:38 AM   #7
choof
Banned

le reve is good but not the best imo, lucid quartz is a bit better and it's another chart will have me coming back to try and pass it... dat ending...
Old 06-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #8
tunsz555
FFR Player

Thanks a lot everyone!
I will be sure to relay a message about notes to my friend who charted BMS as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post

Ahaha! That is.. a bit of story there.

I made a song with my friend. It is not finished for like 7 months then I know the devs of this Thai music game called Thapster. I have some weird idea of wanted this song to be in the game somehow so I have motivation to finish it BUT I don't want to transfer the license to them since this is my first collab I wanted to keep it.

So I literally begged them to put my song only playable for final round of Thapster championship that is going to happen in few days in a condition that we will manage the song by ourself. And so I drew the (mostly black) BG image and my 2 friends charted the note. And boom the song is done! Turned out only 2 people (the finalist) can play the chart and it is ridiculously hard. (I wanted it to feel like End of Fight in O2Jam which they also use in championship final round) That video is recorded for everyone who wanted to see the chart but could not come to the event.

After the event one of the charter team up with me to make BMS file and I export song stems for him and made a video while he's making BMS. A random girl with mysterious chains I scribbled in 1-2 hours from Thapster became an actual character in a vid with 2 crystal attached because I could not figure out where will those chains end lol

Last edited by tunsz555; 06-11-2015 at 08:42 AM..
tunsz555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:59 AM   #9
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
le reve is good but not the best imo, lucid quartz is a bit better and it's another chart will have me coming back to try and pass it... dat ending...
le reve actually reminds me of a Snail's House song heh

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:09 PM   #10
choof
Banned

okay I studied the chart for your song and now I can hit the long notes but the scratches wreck my shit every time ;_;
Old 06-12-2015, 01:10 AM   #11
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post

O_O
That was crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote