Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
sirsolo
FFR Player

Default Rankings

They suck now, a lot of songs rankings have been changed. Not for the better. My best example of this would be "I want to see you dance" In the misc section, ranked "Easy".

Play it. It's a MINIMUN "Standard" Ranking but more like a tricky/difficult.
It has yellow arrows and pretty fast notes, definatly not something a new person could play. In fact, I can't even perfect combo it, and I can perfect combo most easy songs -_-

FFR Admins, please go back and change the rankings on songs like these as to not scare the crud out of newbies.

Thanks
~Sirsolo
sirsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro
Default Re: Rankings

There are three ratings below "easy", so it's not like "easy" is going to have the easiest songs in the game.

If you have a dispute about difficulties, put it in the "difficulties V2" thread in FFR General. We don't claim to be 100% right about every single one, although we do claim to be very close if we're wrong.

All the difficulties are much more accurate now than before: they were decided by veterans of the game with thousands of played games and months or even years of experience of it...so yeah, they don't "suck".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
Vishnal
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Vishnal Send a message via AIM to Vishnal Send a message via MSN to Vishnal Send a message via Yahoo to Vishnal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
There are three ratings below "easy", so it's not like "easy" is going to have the easiest songs in the game.

If you have a dispute about difficulties, put it in the "difficulties V2" thread in FFR General. We don't claim to be 100% right about every single one, although we do claim to be very close if we're wrong.

All the difficulties are much more accurate now than before: they were decided by veterans of the game with thousands of played games and months or even years of experience of it...so yeah, they don't "suck".
Shash is right on this one. I played it, and I got just 4 goods on my first try. It may have yellow arrows, but it is definitely tame compared to some of the tricky/difficult songs. I'd say "Easy" is about right for this song. The arrows stay on cue with the music throughout, and you don't stray into 16ths too often. Also, the BPM is moderate, so you're not scrambling. If you think this is hard, try telling me that 'Kick It' deserves any higher than difficult. I've played for just one day, and I have it blackflagged...

If 'See You Dance' is too difficult for you, then I'd hate to see you when you try 'Tetris Remix' or even 'Crystalis.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon View Post
Tass: This better not be a token for convention attenders only or else I will hunt you down and shove a rake up your ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug31, about Colt.45 View Post
This is the site where people lie about their scores, not about their gender. You'd be thinking of MySpace.
Vishnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

Also, can you do better on Terror From Beyond, 136.6, and Story of Snowman and Sunshine Girl? All of those are also rated "easy" as well.

You make it sound like See You Dance is some kind of anomaly, but I don't see how it's significantly harder than any other song in the "easy" category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #5
Vishnal
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Vishnal Send a message via AIM to Vishnal Send a message via MSN to Vishnal Send a message via Yahoo to Vishnal

It's a stab in the dark, but I think that these difficulties are relative to the hardest songs in the game. They seem to be classified along the same lines as SM songs. 'See You Dance' is slower, and, even though it has 16th notes, they don't draw your fingers offline nearly as much as the 16th notes in, say, 'Caprice', 'Carol Megamix', and 'Classical Insanity'. There is also a bit of a pattern to where the steps lie, as opposed to, say, 'Carrousel Paradise', where the steps (many of them 16ths and jumps) are seemingly random.

Also, 'See You Dance' has no running men, no crossovers, no jumpstream, and hardly a stream at all! Jumps are rare, and don't impede the watchful player's movements. There are no jacks, trills, or jumping jacks, and the song doesn't have any distracting BG noises, or a distracting BG picture or video. There's no excuse to give it any higher than 'Easy.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon View Post
Tass: This better not be a token for convention attenders only or else I will hunt you down and shove a rake up your ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug31, about Colt.45 View Post
This is the site where people lie about their scores, not about their gender. You'd be thinking of MySpace.
Vishnal is offline   Reply With Quote