Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-7-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22
Default So, What would you say?

So, recently on Facebook, there has been this photo going around where a Marine was extremely pissed off about. I'll show the photo AND the message the Marine left for the photo:

Matthew Schafer ---> 50 Cent
My Name Is Cpl Schafer Matthew B United States Marine Corps And The Reason I Am Writing This Is To Ask You What The Fuck You Think Your Doing Disgracing My Uniform We All Damn Well Know You NEVER Served In My Corps What Makes You Think You Have The Right To Put Medals On Your Chest That You Didnt Earn I Wanna Know Who The Fuck You Think You Are And Who Gives You The Right To Impersonate A Marine!?

I've read through all of the comments (literally 30k+) to see everyone's point and/or their reasoning for or against 50cent wearing this uniform.

First and foremost, I've come to the conclusion that this Marine is an idiot. A royally butt-hurt person who is looking to take rage upon others for the sheer fact that he can, and because he is a Corporal in the US Marine Corps.

Second, 50cent wore this outfit merely for a Photo Shoot/Music Video/or anything else his endorsements ask him to do. It's NOT like he is waking around the country going "Hey, I'm a Marine." The dude's life is one of the most "infamous" stories for a Rapper in the industry (Gettin shot 8/9 times including 1/2 to the face). His tale is up there with Eminem's tale. So why would he run around lying to the public when 75% of people who know him, know the truth in his life?

It's garbage. What I believe is that someone can wear whatever the hell they want, whenever they want, as long as it is not apart of a Discrimination offense, or Stereotypical offense, or anything of the sort. I had a friend who got expelled from school because he wore a "Proud to be a redneck" T-Shirt. Which they later sued the school over and won. Either way, it's his right to wear whatever the hell he wants!

My other point, is this Corporal is attacking 50Cent for "Impersonating a Marine," why... WHY doesn't he get on the case then of every single ACTOR that dresses up in a Marine Uniform that did NOT serve any time in the Military period? I don't understand this guy's logic. They dress up for OUR ENTERTAINMENT, and we pay billions of dollars to them in record sales, concert tickets, merchandise, and the list goes on.

What are your thoughts on this whole ordeal? Maybe some of you will agree, but those who disagree are the ones I'm curious about, mainly because I'm very interested in seeing an opposing faction of ideas (maybe to sway and weigh odds).

EDIT - To those who "will" disagree, I know one argument many have already said before is "Corporal Matt earned his rights to wear this uniform, so naturally it would be understandable that he would get offended by someone who never served to wear such a thing." Just so you know, I've already weighed that option, and spoke about it already in this post. I'm looking for MORE objective perspectives rather then the obvious. (if any)

Last edited by krunkykai22; 02-7-2013 at 10:01 AM..
krunkykai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: So, What would you say?

Why did he use a capital letter at the start of every word
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

That's a very good question, and a thing many flamed the Corporal for, and I have no idea lol
krunkykai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Its good to know our fellow Marines know how to start their words with capital letters. Who knows what would happen if they didnt know how to do that.
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
Bobby Jeffrey Hill
FFR Player

who gives two fucks about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
this is one of the stupidest things i`ve seen on this site and i`ve read at least 4 posts about not eating gluten from cavernio
Bobby Jeffrey Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I just cannot understand how, when arguing an obviously controversial point, he would neglect basic grammar.

Presentation aside, I still think his argument is ludicrous.
Old 02-7-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
d4u7211
Aficionado of Awk
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to d4u7211

IDK I've seen people on facebook do the same thing. I think it has something to do with what browser/device they're using to post. It was most likely in all caps and got switched to that (which is no better). Anyway, that's not something to judge the person over. There are tons of intelligent and/or talented people that look retarded when they post online. It just hurts as a first impression to post like that, but it is a pretty poor way to judge an overall character.

Now, the content of his argument and his obvious rage towards 50 is a little ridiculous, at best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
because he is a Corporal in the US Marine Corps.
That, imo, probably isn't the reason he is pissed. I would rather assume that he dislikes 50 because of his life choices, music, or even his race. I know people get power hungry, but they usually take it out on their own kind (marines) and, more likely as compared to this case, on other civilians, etc. that claim they've been through a lot/done a lot more for this country than marines.

Even if one were to justify the marine's actions by saying that "derp he earned his rank so he has a right to be mad" it still isn't enough to get mad at a celebrity who's music generally reflects how he or she acts/dresses, because it is all an act.

I personally think it's what you've summed up though, krunky, that he is just pissed because 50 is wearing the same clothes he is, and he probably had a poor disposition towards 50 in the first place.

I wouldn't, however, go as far as to compare his survival of being shot to being a marine, or allowing him to wear it, etc. (not saying you are, but it almost looks like you did). If the marine was not so biased against him, he would probably realize that 50 is essentially paying homage to troops, not degrading them/pretending.

d4u7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Apparently successful troll is successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 11:16 AM   #9
d4u7211
Aficionado of Awk
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to d4u7211

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
Apparently successful troll is successful
OR that. I didn't even put that as a consideration because of the topic at hand, that we took to assuming he was already a marine.

but...could just be gud troll

d4u7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

black people
Wayward Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Knowing 50 Cent's PR machine, they'll probably come out with something equally ludicrous as a response. Maybe something like how he wanted to express his thanks to the men and women of the armed forces by wearing that.

I'm sure he didn't intend to start anything. Celebrities never do. They can't afford to. That's why they have people to speak for them when they do manage to stir up something like this.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Jeffrey Hill View Post
hi! can you just not post if you don't give a fuck? thanks.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 12:41 PM   #13
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunkykai22 View Post
That's a very good question, and a thing many flamed the Corporal for, and I have no idea lol
More then likely the Marine made his comment in all caps, and wherever he posted the comment to Caps filtered it to the first letter of each word being capitalized.

FFR used to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 12:45 PM   #14
sayuncle990
SIU Making a COMEBACK
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Jeffrey Hill View Post
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 View Post
wow, not having a girlfriend must have done wonders to my ability to jack well!
sayuncle990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 02:07 PM   #15
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'll have you know
Old 02-7-2013, 02:15 PM   #16
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Simply enough.. This guy is an idiot (Take it from someone who is in the military). The "Corporal" who stated all of this was just looking for attention. The Uniform isn't even correct. Just as most movies that have some kind of military action. The uniform is almost never fully equipped.

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Guy needs to calm down and play some Call of Duty
Old 02-7-2013, 02:32 PM   #18
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

If anything, the only thing I could see as "possibly" being offensive is his hat. He also has a whopping 0 medals on his uniform, so this Corporal is a retard.
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 02:41 PM   #19
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp View Post
If anything, the only thing I could see as "possibly" being offensive is his hat. He also has a whopping 0 medals on his uniform, so this Corporal is a retard.
Guarantee he was talking about his Ribbons.

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
Arkuski
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Arkuski Send a message via Skype™ to Arkuski

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
Knowing 50 Cent's PR machine, they'll probably come out with something equally ludicrous as a response. Maybe something like how he wanted to express his thanks to the men and women of the armed forces by wearing that.

I'm sure he didn't intend to start anything. Celebrities never do. They can't afford to. That's why they have people to speak for them when they do manage to stir up something like this.
You can never be too sure that 50 cent doesn't know what he's doing. He's actually a pretty smart and sneaky guy. Remember that time he got all of his twitter followers to buy up a penny stock and 3 hours later he sold his shares and got 3 mil off of the deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
i can appreciate a good looking woman when i see one and this one just happened to be my mom
Arkuski is offline   Reply With Quote