View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 07:55 PM   #80
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow
Default Re: FFR: The Phantom Challenge

I'm sorry that this Chapter is not longer. I will continue to write through ten-o-clock tonight, and I will try to finish as much of Chapter 8 and 9 as possible. I predict that this chapter would have been about 8 Microsoft Word pages long, single spaced, had I not decided to split it up and release what I had. Yeah, and the following is 2 and 2/3 pages, single spaced.

Also, I tried a different type of ending for the chapter, tell me what you think of it, and the chapter in itself. Thank you guys for waiting so long for this chapter. =)
========================

Chapter 7:

“We meet again, Manticore.” replied Engler with a wicked smile. His voice was unusually deep; it could barely be heard by normal human ears. It aided in giving every word Engler spoke authority and power. It was almost as if his words could brainwash others into an uncontrollable panic.

Manti extended his claws to nearly full length while growling to illustrate to Engler he wasn’t going to be caught by surprise. “What are you doing here?” He interrogated with a voice that was almost as low and deep as his opponent’s.

Engler’s expression did not change. He was obviously not intimidated by anything, even though the ten foot Manticore stood at almost twice Engler’s height. “What do you think I’m doing here?” Engler mocked, not pausing in order to continue without interruption, “I am destroying this disgusting world. I don’t see how any of you could live in such a demented place that is tainted and corrupt to the core. So I am going to rid this world of the evil, forever.”

This gave Manti the impression that Engler had lost his mind. “What the hell are you talking about? Our world is a great place, and you know it as well as I do. Sure, there are problems, especially with some of the glitches in the game, but they always get fixed as soon as they are found out.”

At that point, Engler’s eyes darkened and became emotionally hard. He crossed his arms, and his biceps began to tense with anger. “Do you really think that, Manticore? Do you really think that all problems in this world are fixed? ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?” Engler roared his entire last sentence, and subconsciously let out a wave of force, which Manti had to push against in order to not be blown away.

Manti paused for a second, and was about to retort when Engler began to speak once again. His tone was much lighter in comparison to before, and his anger had seemed to cool down a bit, although he was far from happy at the moment. “I,” Engler started, “was a glitch. I am a glitch who the creators never talked about. In their eyes, I was a horrible monster, and they didn’t want to fix me. No. Instead, they transformed me into a challenge, a phantom challenge, and sent me to a place where nobody would ever think to look.”

Manti listened, and he subconsciously began to let his guard down, straightening himself upright without even realizing. His arms dropped back to their sides, and his muscles relaxed. His wings also folded back into their closed position, which gave the message that he wasn’t going to run. Engler, upon noticing these changes in posture, continued to talk.

“They sent me to nobody. I was sealed seemingly forever, until some fool came along, and forgot to write a name on one of his challenges. Now I am here, exacting my revenge on those who had sealed me away, and their pathetic little world.” His wicked smile grew, and he wore a refreshed look. “Come Manticore,” Engler taunted, “Now we fight!”

And with those words, his eyes shifted from Indigo to red, and a crimson aura began to emanate around his body. Both Manti and Engler charged at each other, ready to fight all out, and ready to kill.

Specforces took a quick look at the building, and formulated a battle plan. “Here’s what we’re going to do,” He decided, “We are going to split up into three different groups. Two of those groups are going to be trying to flush out the opposing army inside the base. One group will take the western half of the building, and the other is responsible for the eastern half. The rest of us will surround the building, and keep the rest of the noobs busy. Anything that gets flushed out from the building gets killed.”

Many of the soldiers were glancing at each other, musing at who would be sent into the building to force the noobs out. Everybody knew that the mission proposed by Specforces wasn’t going to be easy, and there was no guarantee that the idea would work. In spite of this, they all nodded at Spec with confidence; each soldier willing to risk their lives to liberate Chit Chat from the noob tyranny.

Specforces cleared his throat, and pointed at three individual soldiers. “Tokzic, Cbr, and GamerShadow will all be responsible for dealing with the western end of the base.” Tokzic and Cbr stared into one another’s shades, each feeling uncomfortable that the other was forced to be in the same group. GS had no problems with the partners he was assigned, and nodded with a grin. “I will get us under ranged fire once you two are ready to go. After that, it’s pretty much up to you to decide how we will get this done.” Although on edge, both Tokzic and Cbr nodded, and the three of them turned back to Specforces to signal that they were ready to be released on his command.

Without a moment’s pause, Spec continued, making sure to project his voice so that all could hear. “Tibs, Jewpin, and Guido will all tackle the eastern end of the building.”
“This should be fun.” Tibs commented as Jewpin and Guido made their way over to the front of the army.

“We’ll be done in five minutes, Spec,” Guido assured him as he powered up his mech suit, and shifted his laser pistol to it’s scorch setting; the bright red-orange color on the handle declaring that it was ready to go, “The Agency isn’t all that huge anyway.”

“Well then,” Spec replied, focusing both his body and mind on the mission ahead, “The rest of you, follow me!”

The perfect square began to advance in a circle around the building, with the occasional soldier stopping to assume their position in the developing circle. Their footsteps struck the ground in the exact same instant, and the beat that was resonating through the air was motivating and exceptionally powerful. No soldier ever stepped out of line; this was truly the perfect formation that had been drilled and beaten into their minds. At their most serious form, the TGB Army was unstoppable.

Within ten minutes, the circle had been completed. It surrounded the PYP Agency, acting as a living barrier. None would break in, and none would break out. This was where the noobs would die. Specforces signaled to the groups to begin their infiltration by blowing off an unsuspecting noob’s head with a well-aimed headshot from his shotgun. There was silence as the noob collapsed to the ground inside the building, and the bloody head fell from the window, thumping onto the ground as well as making a splattery red mess on the grass below. Specforces blew off the smoke from the barrels of his shotgun, and ****ed it, loading another two bullets into the barrels. He then gave the groups the thumbs up sign, and the invasion began.

Jewpin lead the eastern infiltration group towards a first-floor window. Guido, from the back of the group, was continuously firing off molten laser shots in order to keep the noob archers that stood on the top of the building busy. Tibs had transfigured his left arm into dragon form, and he raised it up so that it covered his forehead, manipulating it and using it as a shield of sorts. The group wasn’t under fire long, as Grandia had been creative and resourceful enough to create a bomb out of some leftover materials he had in his sack. He catapulted it with all his might to one of the archers, who was intelligent enough to respond with an arrow shot that split the bomb in two, causing it to go off with a bang. Although highly flawed and extremely weak, the bomb’s blast was still strong enough to knock out a few of the archers, and it even caused one of them to fall off the side of the building, crashing to the ground and almost melting into a puddle of blood, which was quickly absorbed by the grass and the soil nearby. The body lay there, limp and contorted in ways that would make queasy people lose their lunch.

The body lay there, limp and contorted in ways that would make queasy people lose their lunch. Manti couldn’t believe that he had come so close to becoming the person he was now eye-to-eye with. The dead person. Scratches, punctures, lacerations, every type of wound imaginable covered Manti from head to toe at this moment. His mane was ruffled, and in a few spots, was burned and knotted. Parts of his tail were severely bruised, displaying various shades of blue, green, and purple. His left arm was nearly limp, and it was caked with blood. Of course, Manti wasn’t going to give up. He would defeat Engler, his primeval instincts told him.

Phantom Engler hovered a few inches from the ground, slowly rising and falling slightly, almost like the tide. His arms were crossed, and his eyes still glowed with the menacing red color they had done almost twenty minutes ago. There were wounds on his body, but they paled in comparison to Manti’s, who had been on the receiving end of the struggle for far too long. The crimson aura still surged with an intense air surrounding it. Engler had just warmed up, and he wanted a challenge.

“Damn you, Engler,” Manti cursed has he struggled to get up, quivering from the strain that he was burdening his body with, “you will…” Engler smiled, “not… make it… out… alive.”

Laughter followed Manti’s barely articulated speech as he unfolded his arms, and beckoned for another round. “Come, Manticore,” Engler teased, “show me what you can do with those worthless powers of yours.” His grin was torture to watch. The beast began to struggle against its chains that imprisoned it, crying out in frustration. Engler simply began to laugh. He walked over, and spat on Manti, the acid mining through his flesh. Boom. One chain gone. Clang. Two. Creak. Three. Finally, Engler made his biggest mistake to date.

“So, Manticore,” Engler whispered in his ear, feeling filled to the brim with excitement, “Are you ready to give up? Accept the fact that you are just a stupid.” Kick. “helpless” Kick. “dog?”

Snap.

He was up in a second. The sheer force of the blow had sent him through the remains of three buildings. A humongous roar exploded out of his mouth as the sky shivered in consternation. Every noob in the area fled, trying to escape with their lives, before even that was destroyed. The ground began to give way, trying to reach the pits of hell, before hell itself came to it. Every creature in the FFR world felt it, and they knew. The DarkManticore had been unleashed.

Last edited by GamerShadow; 01-18-2008 at 08:00 PM..
GamerShadow is offline   Reply With Quote