PDA

View Full Version : Former FGO almost AAA

Sprite-
02-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Since this file is hard for some people, I thought this was pretty nice for my 4th try.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o36/unnormaldude68/Blooddrunk-1.jpg
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/Sprite-/replay/13405571/

[TeRa]
02-28-2008, 09:26 AM
omg 40 credtiz frm won song, did u get ukown girl?

naw, good score, I have mental blocks on this song already. D:

wwwJ4mmYcouk
02-28-2008, 09:28 AM
;2049614']omg 40 credtiz frm won song, did u get ukown girl?

naw, good score, I have mental blocks on this song already. D:

lol...

Nice score sprite

HighBuddha
02-28-2008, 09:35 AM
the only hard part is the crazy long left hand trill/jump thing. I will never be able to do that. Awesome job Sprite

[TeRa]
02-28-2008, 09:42 AM
I find the right hand trill to be harder.

HighBuddha
02-28-2008, 09:50 AM
I am reALLY weak with left hand trills, im going to try this mirror mode see if that helps any :\

[TeRa]
02-28-2008, 09:51 AM
I am reALLY weak with left hand trills, im going to try this mirror mode see if that helps any :\

Even if you mirror, the 2nd trill will turn into a left hand trill then. I wonder if rotating to the right and turning on left or whatever would work?

HammyMcSquirrel
02-28-2008, 09:53 AM
It's weird...I use my index finger for left hand trills and my ring finger for right hand trills, yet I can trill a lot better with my right hand. Also, Sprite, update that score, hahaha.

Sprite-
02-28-2008, 10:04 AM
what? doesn't it show a 1-0-0-1

HammyMcSquirrel
02-28-2008, 10:07 AM
what? doesn't it show a 1-0-0-1
It's showing correctly for me now after coming back to the thread. :)

Sprite-
02-28-2008, 10:09 AM
oh ok good. photobucket can be stupid

Gilly G
02-28-2008, 10:21 AM
File looks fun ... but ... hands? Quads? Wasn't P4U v1 taken away 'cause of them?

Otherwise, nice scoar. The trill looks uber hard. o.o

wwwJ4mmYcouk
02-28-2008, 11:04 AM
It's showing correctly for me now after coming back to the thread. :)

Its not showing for me

jimerax
02-28-2008, 12:08 PM
lol FGO

bf on this is still nice, though.

MrMagic5239
02-28-2008, 02:35 PM
worst file on ffr trills to hands just doesn't cut it

Fantasticone
02-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Nice score Sprite. File isn't really hard from the looks of it. Should AAA when it is released but still nice score.

knuckles2224
02-28-2008, 03:15 PM
That is amazing. You and your quick fingers

Sprite-
02-28-2008, 03:21 PM
lol fanta. it's harder than it looks :P

Fantasticone
02-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Ill have to decide that after I warm up first. BRB St Scarhand warmup.

Tasselfoot
02-28-2008, 03:32 PM
sprite: it isn't PB that is messed up... it's that you labeled the file the same as your previous one, so the browsers of people who have viewed it have a cache of the previous version. they'll need to F5 once to get the new one to display.

Sprite-
02-28-2008, 03:35 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh well that's dumb. now i gotta name all improvements differently, or just keep using attachments xD

behanjc
02-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Lol I almost tied this but I'm nowhere near as good as Sprite-
I used Eli's trick to do left scroll XD So much easier that way.

Sprite-
02-28-2008, 03:54 PM
ugh that's stupid

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
02-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Ver nice. I was happy when I fc'd it because the trills kill me.

awein999
02-28-2008, 07:40 PM
this song makes me glad I'm not an indexer

i love you
02-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Is this song really a fgo's only?

DayMan951
02-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Is this song really a fgo's only?

It was, but they changed it.

ieatyourlvllol
02-29-2008, 09:42 PM
They shouldn't have. =O

After hundreds of tries (I'm serious), I still haven't AAA'd it. Whenever I get past the trills (which isn't that often) I mess up somewhere dumb. I haven't even seen the last third of the file, other than in a replay.

Sprite-
02-29-2008, 09:44 PM
wtf. i don't get it. it's so easy

ischooltennyson
02-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Well done!

lumphoboextreme
02-29-2008, 09:48 PM
How can you do those trills?

-Moo-
02-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Nice score Sprite-

Coolboyrulez0
02-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Obligatory Go for the AAA!

LLaMaSaUceYup
02-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Believe it or not, I was staring at that score and realized it was blooddrunk, and I thought it was BB revenge, wtf?

Oh it's still a nice score ;]

gnr61
02-29-2008, 10:13 PM
every single person using the left scroll trick should have their score on this wiped since the only hard part of the song is 1 handed.

seriously mirror is one thing but ****in up the only difficulty factor is lame

ieatyourlvllol
02-29-2008, 10:37 PM
P.S. - One of the main reasons I can't get it is because on upscroll (I've been using mirror - not left or right, though), there's that GIGANTONORMOUS combo counter blocking my view, so I can't time the jumps in the trills correctly. On mirror, there's this one pattern at like 14xx that I usually mess up on. =/

P.P.S. - I got to 20xx combo once, but my keyboard double-registered something and I autofailed. =(

Sprite-
02-29-2008, 10:49 PM
every single person using the left scroll trick should have their score on this wiped since the only hard part of the song is 1 handed.

seriously mirror is one thing but ****in up the only difficulty factor is lame

I 1000% agree with this.

Phynx
02-29-2008, 10:57 PM
I 1000% agree with this.

STFU Sprite. You're getting AAA's that you couldn't normally get by watching FFR through a mirror behind you. You should have your mirrored AAA's swiped too if that's that case. KTHNXBAI.

Sprite-
02-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Phynx I'm sorry but you're stupid. Playing mirror and left are COMPLETELY different. Left changes the steps entirely, mirror just reverses them.

Phynx
02-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Phynx I'm sorry but you're stupid. Playing mirror and left are COMPLETELY different. Left changes the steps entirely, mirror just reverses them.

Oh yeah, this I know. I've tried it so I know how it goes. But mirroring is mirroring. It changes the steps no matter how you look at it. It makes a song easier because it flips the stepchart thus putting the difficult parts in your faster hand.

Sprite-
02-29-2008, 11:04 PM
So basically you want all of ieat's scores to be wiped too huh? What a jealous bastard.

Phynx
02-29-2008, 11:05 PM
So basically you want all of ieat's scores to be wiped too huh? What a jealous bastard.

Haha, at our convo in AIM. As for being jealous, I had no thoughts of ieat when I started this. You brought him up in AIM first. Also I told you what I thought of people playing on any type of mirror.

ieatyourlvllol
02-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah, this I know. I've tried it so I know how it goes. But mirroring is mirroring. It changes the steps no matter how you look at it. It makes a song easier because it flips the stepchart thus putting the difficult parts in your faster hand.

Most stepfile authors design files to cater to right-handers (e.g. the majority of players). Mirror allows left-handers, as well as those who happen to have weaker dominant hands for some reason or another, to play on equal grounds. Otherwise, FFR would be (and until Eli's mirror idea emerged, was) a game biased towards right-handers.

P.S. - And yes, I'm left-handed, just fyi.

P.P.S. - I wouldn't really care if my scores got wiped, except maybe for Piano Etude (although my first AAA was actually non-mirror).

jimerax
02-29-2008, 11:10 PM
IMO left handed trills in FOTBB (so offsync and faster) are way harder than the ones in this song.

Sprite-
02-29-2008, 11:11 PM
considering i can't fc fotbb and i can just about AAA this, i'd have to agree.

Phynx
02-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Most stepfile authors design files to cater to right-handers (e.g. the majority of players). Mirror allows left-handers, as well as those who happen to have weaker dominant hands for some reason or another, to play on equal grounds. Otherwise, FFR would be (and until Eli's mirror idea emerged, was) a game biased towards right-handers.

P.S. - And yes, I'm left-handed, just fyi.

P.P.S. - I wouldn't really care if my scores got wiped, except maybe for Piano Etude (although my first AAA was actually non-mirror).

Okay, here's what I have told sprite, with a few things added. Regardless of whether directional preferences have influenced stepchart creations, sim artists have created their files with styles that make the file whatever difficulty it is. Now how I see things is that players of any style should be recorded on the basis of how the original stepchart, not the mirrored version, scores were. I don't agree with you that the majority of sims are catered to right handers. I've had difficulty with SEVERAL SM files that are left handed and upon mirroring them, I could pass them rather easily because it put the hard parts in my better hand(right). Thus my argument. Mirroring isn't playing the original stepchart that was intended to be played.

ieatyourlvllol
02-29-2008, 11:19 PM
That would be like forbidding a left-hander from playing on corresponding controls for video games.

"What? You can't use left-handed controls. That's not how the controller was originally intended to be operated."

Phynx
02-29-2008, 11:27 PM
That would be like forbidding a left-hander to play on corresponding controls for video games.

"What? You can't use left-handed controls. That's not how the controller was originally intended to be operated."

But there is where you're scraping for a reason. For example, we'll take a normal guitar. There are right and left hand versions. BUT the charts for the notes of a certain piece of music are exactly the same, they arn't reversed for the ease of the opposite hander than the musics creator. Also, FFR isn't like a normal game in that it is a rhythm game that is based off of how arrows are hit at the beat of a song, accuracy and speed intended. Stepcharts have one pattern, and that's THEIR pattern, if you mirror, it's like creating the evil twin of that song which allows for disadvantaging parts to be played on your advantaged hand. Thus playing unfairly. Take Blooddrunk for example. I, among the many, HATE the left hand trill. I suck total ass at left hands trills. BUT I still play the normal, non-mirrored, version of the song because I don't believe that if I mirrored and put that trill in my right hand and got a better score that, that should be recorded. It's not fair to the rest of the people of FFR who play it normally.

gnr61
02-29-2008, 11:33 PM
**stepmania essay**

i play zl on left lol

Loot You
02-29-2008, 11:34 PM
mirror isn't cheating this has been a stepmania fact for 500 years or more

now that somebody actually posted about it on ffr (and no, eli or w/e his name is wasn't the first one to think of flipping the screen and what not) you're saying it's an unfair advantage?

this is just like when speed mods came out and everybody said they were an unfair advantage

gnr61
02-29-2008, 11:35 PM
FfR is 2 much liek SM nao gais

Phynx
02-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Haha, ieat, I must say, this is rather fun, but for the majority of what's left of the current day, I will be gone to go bowling with some friends, will be back around midnight to possibly resume this argument if growing proportions. :D

jimerax
02-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Using any features on FFR is allowed guys.

RoastedNoob
02-29-2008, 11:56 PM
That feature isn't on FFR.

gnr61
03-1-2008, 12:02 AM
my laptop is incompatible with mirror :(

Silver_Brian
03-1-2008, 02:24 AM
I wasn't aware there was a mirror mode...?

windsurfer-sp
03-1-2008, 02:53 AM
Screen-shrinking is manipulating the ffr playing screen. So is using mirror mode. Both are expectable IMO.

As long as you dont manipulate the engine or the inputs (no ds) I dont see how it can be considered cheating.

darkshark
03-1-2008, 05:27 AM
We should all just play 1x no screencut one handed....like the good ol' days xD

Adamaja456
03-1-2008, 06:14 AM
sprite, your godamn amazing at this game. nice score.
i feel like a retard just hitting the trills as jumps during the longer section, but oh well, i got the FC.. hah

ieatyourlvllol
03-1-2008, 11:31 AM
Allow me to dissect the argument [hey guys this post is tl;dr (unless you like reading ieat logic l-o-l)]

But there is where you're scraping for a reason. For example, we'll take a normal guitar. There are right and left hand versions. BUT the charts for the notes of a certain piece of music are exactly the same, they arn't reversed for the ease of the opposite hander than the musics creator.

You're talking about music. You don't play music backwards, simply because it's based on sound, which can be harmoniously interpreted in but a single fashion (e.g. it's one way), both in the tonic and the melodious sense. That's why we usually don't play either songs or notes in reverse; the result is usually a cacophonous, nonsensical mess.

In stepgames, the patterns of the game are based around a central line of division (which, if visible, would be a line drawn straight down the middle) Therefore, you have left-handed and right-handed patterns, and every other existing pattern has a corresponding reflection (which, as a side note, is naturally the same for the two symmetrical patterns - left+right / up+down jumps).

Also, FFR isn't like a normal game in that it is a rhythm game that is based off of how arrows are hit at the beat of a song, accuracy and speed intended. Stepcharts have one pattern, and that's THEIR pattern, if you mirror, it's like creating the evil twin of that song which allows for disadvantaging parts to be played on your advantaged hand. Thus playing unfairly.

But the so-called "advantaged hand" differs from player to player. If a left-hander must suffer from the prevalence of right-handed patterns, are you to blame him/her for being born that way? Aside from using mirror, which allows for the accommodation of such differences, nothing short of forcing the player to rewire the dominant control system of the two brain hemispheres will allow him/her to overcome the inherent disadvantages created by possession of an uncommon trait.

As I stated above, mirror turns a stepfile's patterns into the respective reflections, which are no more different due to the fact that our hands (we are, of course, speaking in regard of the spread style of playing, though it still applies to others, nonetheless) are analogous to the steps, since they also share the exact same central line of division; outer fingers hit outer notes, and inner fingers hit inner notes.

Take Blooddrunk for example. I, among the many, HATE the left hand trill. I suck total ass at left hands trills. BUT I still play the normal, non-mirrored, version of the song because I don't believe that if I mirrored and put that trill in my right hand and got a better score that, that should be recorded. It's not fair to the rest of the people of FFR who play it normally.

Hmm...I hate to break it to you, but in case you haven't noticed, Blooddrunk has a left-handed and a right-handed trill. They're the exact same pattern. The only thing mirror does is switch the order in which they appear, and that doesn't do much of anything at all in terms of reducing the difficulty.

Additionally, as for the notion of unfairness, you must also consider - mirror isn't just for left-handers and the like. I can utilize it for all the files that favor right-handers, and they (and you), in turn, can use it for the few remaining files that are conversely geared towards left-handers. There is no consequent inequality.

YOUR MOVE =O

[TeRa]
03-1-2008, 03:15 PM
So I just skimmed through this, didn't really read it, cause I know I was gonna say this anyway.
Phynx, shut up, the trills are the only hard part to this file, playing on left or right, completely get rid of them, making this song stupidly easy, where as if you play mirror, it keeps both trills, and keeps the same exact difficulty.

short version - left/right = cheat, mirror = legit, at least on this.

ieatyourlvllol
03-1-2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah, so I decided to AAA this non-mirror, anyways

http://i32.tinypic.com/21mhmox.png

Netjet!
03-1-2008, 03:17 PM
die please

Xx{Razor}xX
03-1-2008, 03:18 PM
Phynx, you look like an ignorant fool when you say moronic things
as such.

Also, FFR isn't like a normal game in that it is a rhythm game that is based off of how arrows are hit at the beat of a song, accuracy and speed intended. Stepcharts have one pattern, and that's THEIR pattern, if you mirror, it's like creating the evil twin of that song which allows for disadvantaging parts to be played on your advantaged hand. Thus playing unfairly.

Xception704
03-1-2008, 03:19 PM
give me your skills ieat

bballa48
03-1-2008, 03:19 PM
meh decent score
in other words... HOLY CRAP Ieat...

HammyMcSquirrel
03-1-2008, 03:25 PM
Omfg I'm ****ing Trying This **** Thanks Eli!!! You Are A ****in' Ninja!
Sadly, as super-powered as my computer is... FFR lags when I try this and I can't read the arrows due to it... /cries I really wanted to try this out.
Why the sudden change of heart towards mirroring the steps, Phynx? Didn't look like you were against it when you first heard about Eli doing it.

cetaka
03-1-2008, 03:38 PM
is this song right hand biased................................................................

behanjc
03-1-2008, 04:44 PM
Lol, playing the file using left/right is still hard cause of the stupid combo. Wipe my score if you like, but since 80% of the players have the ability to play that way as well, it doesn't seem like cheating to me. (although then you could argue the same about double setup, but w/e)

P.S. Nice AAA

Also, for those who want to mirror, but isn't compatible with their computer, google Pivot Pro and download a trial.

Phynx
03-1-2008, 07:45 PM
Why the sudden change of heart towards mirroring the steps, Phynx? Didn't look like you were against it when you first heard about Eli doing it.

Yeah, I'll admit you caught me there. When Eli first posted that option, I was stoked, maybe I could bust off some rather good scores by reversing the stepchart. But as it were, FFR lags beyond any ability to play it and so I gave up on the idea. After thinking about it though, I came to the conclusion that playing mirrored wasn't playing the originally intended stepchart, thus, not playing the actual file correctly. I have yet to say and will never say I haven't used mirror. Hell, I still do. But I don't count my mirrored scores on SM as worthy. Since I can't play FFR mirrored, then I have no regrets of ever getting a better score on a song that I couldn't play normally.

behanjc
03-1-2008, 10:01 PM
I came to the conclusion that playing mirrored wasn't playing the originally intended stepchart, thus, not playing the actual file correctly.
Well, this file itself was not meant to be played competitively at all. It is a widget file and was only brought into the game because of the recent allowance of hands for the new FMO/FGO batch. If this were in a regular song batch, it would have been rejected most likely, due to incredibly awkward patterns, and completely incorrect noteskin.