PDA

View Full Version : Songs To Help My Left Index Finger?

Sane
07-3-2007, 04:55 PM
I need songs that will help my left index finger catch up.

Right now it keeps freezing up during certain runs where the left index finger is more dominant.

For example, in Lawn Wake IV, I can FC any run that doesn't have the left index finger trill. If my left index were matched with my right, I could FC the whole thing. But as it is, the highest I can get is 140 combo because of that.

I don't know why it freezes up, I guess it just needs more practice.

So any suggestions for songs?

I play spread, btw.

Tasselfoot
07-3-2007, 05:28 PM
max forever too slow? for left middle finger... the runningmen in classical insanity are good...

klung kung has some nice trills and runningmen at 175. uber2 has runningmen at 175. vertex beta has trills at 200. splash beats has trills at 190 or 192.

Sane
07-3-2007, 06:06 PM
Max Forever is basically my threshold before that finger begins to freeze up.

I can get through the left down trill at the start of Air every 1 in 3 tries. That's basically the speed it freezes up on.

That's a great list. I can work my way up those BPMs. Thanks Tass! ^_^

dore
07-3-2007, 06:23 PM
Learn how to play index. That helps quite a bit. :D

Sane
07-3-2007, 07:57 PM
I actually started playing SM index, but a couple months ago when I started playing FFR, I started to learn spread, because of the retarded jumpstream and spins that I was not used to before.

So I'm still learning spread now, and that might be a reason.

Sane
07-6-2007, 07:17 PM
By the way, if anyone else is having the same problem, and happens to find this thread, another good song is Gradeus. It has lots of left-down trills dispersed randomly throughout the song. It tired out those fingers quite nicely.

KKKEEENNN
07-6-2007, 09:54 PM
Actually, I'm having problems with my left middle finger when it comes to leftward repetitive steps. I think Max Forever will do.

Sane
07-7-2007, 12:23 AM
Actually, I'm having problems with my left middle finger when it comes to leftward repetitive steps. I think Max Forever will do.

Why can't we all just have two right hands? =(

MI4 REAL
07-7-2007, 02:32 AM
I have huge problems with sightreading challenging+ songs and burst-tapping with my fingers. That in FFR equals total disaster. At the rate I am going I doubt I'll overcome it.