PDA

View Full Version : New Song: Turkish March

Shashakiro
01-5-2007, 08:37 PM
Classic. Discuss.

Izlude77714
01-5-2007, 08:38 PM
I heard jack song and I expected something fun

but this isnt even really fun its just pretty much the steps in aim anthem over and over and there are so many doubles I think I am playing lovely lovely lovely

dore
01-5-2007, 08:45 PM
Honestly, this is one of the most retarded files I've ever had to play. Jumps on every note instantly turn me off, especially the way the few rare singles were completely inconsistent with each other and seemingly random. It wouldn't be jacktacular if there weren't so many gay and unnecessary jumps.

Tasselfoot
01-5-2007, 08:47 PM
so you know, reach stepped this to the sheet music.

Rebirth0
01-5-2007, 08:47 PM
Not releasing one of my simfiles on my birthday = fail

this sim is....I don't know. Weird.

dore
01-5-2007, 08:52 PM

So he threw a jump on every chord, basically?

Afrobean
01-5-2007, 08:54 PM
The steps were annoying as hell. Jumps should not be used like that when it was obviously a lighter hit. Jacks were alright, went to the music fairly well, and were actually not hard at all. The 32nd trails into jumps gave me a lot of trouble however (even though they fit more than a lot of some other random **** I've seen in some stepcharts), but the overuse of jumps in 16th areas where they really didn't fit anyway bothered me the most.

wickedawesomeful
01-5-2007, 08:57 PM
Eh. The stepfile was not that great. It was OK, but seriously, it hurt my head with all those jumps. Bleh.

TeknoRokr
01-5-2007, 09:01 PM
I didn't like it -__-. The jacks weren't really that difficult, but the 24th and 32nd arrows were the ones that threw me off =/.

jwcgator
01-5-2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah, it's alright, but It's definitely not winning any awards.

Exag0n
01-5-2007, 09:33 PM
I actually liked this file, even though I haven't FC'd yet. The 24ths were awesome, I thought. They just felt good under the fingers while I was playing, though admittedly I couldn't PA them as well as I would've liked.

The ending was ... a bit meh. Damned jacks.

Reach
01-5-2007, 09:57 PM
They're 48ths

All of you who state 'overuse of jumps'...well, that's your ignorance. For your information, almost all of those notes are *quads* in the actual sheet music, thank you very much. I'd like to know how you'd like me to step a classic song. Somewhat like...say, revo or minute waltz?

As for inconsistancies and randomness, well...now you're just being a complete and udder idiot. I can play this on the piano and used the sheet music to step the song. It doesn't follow the real notes at one point, but that is to make it more playable.

So really what you're telling me is you don't like the song itself. Great. I personally love it (though it sounds rather bad in this recording).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbB5FTDgl1k same song played by a pro

And for the sake of rebeling further, I quite enjoyed the steps on stepmania. They play rather nicely on FFR, IMO, aside from the fact I get an atrocious number of greats.

Might I add that, the ending does suck ;( It's so difficult to play. You have to do really weird pinky stretches and jumps really fast in a rather awkward manner. I made it rather simple in this step chart ^_^

XxXSkYbEaMXxX
01-5-2007, 10:02 PM
Lol what are guys talking about? I liked this file although the best I've been able to pull out of it so far is a 480 combo. I thought the jacks were pretty fun as well. The only thing I did not like was the ending.

dore
01-5-2007, 10:04 PM
I'd like to know how you'd like me to step a classic song. Somewhat like...say, revo or minute waltz?

I'd like to do a Revo V2, however I can't.

Megmo
01-5-2007, 10:29 PM
The stepfile is challenging enough to be fun but it gets frustrating after a while. It's not a song I could repeat over and over again in one sitting. I just like that it's an opportunity to practice bunches of jumps and jacks.

-Fallen-
01-5-2007, 10:31 PM
Too many patterns done on the left hand side :( Other than that the file is pretty fun and not hard to PA really.. Even with my difficulty I have under 25 goods by the end of it with mashing a few parts.

talisman
01-5-2007, 10:54 PM
reach this file is garbage... in stepfiles you use doubles when the sound at that particular beat is being emphasized relative to the rest. you don't put a double down just because there's more than one pitch present.

There were places were you could have legitimately used doubles here, where the melody was hard and forceful (marcato? I don't know music words). But when it's light and sprightly, you should have used singles.

As it stands, because you didn't differentiate, the player's ear isn't drawn to changes in the dynamics or stylistics of the song, and thus the experience is less than what it could have been.

Reach
01-5-2007, 10:55 PM
I'd like to point out a rather large statistical correlation I've noticed between how much someone enjoys a stepfile and how well they do on it.

Interesting that. Ponder it before making half brained comments on the file...or other files...!

Statements such as 'This is boring BECAUSE' or 'this is not fun BECAUSE' fall into legitamate categories for dislike, but

statements such as 'Damn I can't do this, it SUCKS!' does not.

reach this file is garbage... in stepfiles you use doubles when the sound at that particular beat is being emphasized relative to the rest. you don't put a double down just because there's more than one pitch present.

Where on earth has your head been. Where is that rule laid down in stone? I don't see how it applys to classical music at all. This isn't uber rave where you can't actually figure out what the notes being played are.

If there are 4 notes being hit at once, logically from here how do you follow that I should NOT use a double? Hmm?

There were places were you could have legitimately used doubles here, where the melody was hard and forceful (marcato? I don't know music words). But when it's light and sprightly, you should have used singles.

But they're not singles. That's the whole point. I want to follow the music here, not how 'light or how hard' the notes are being played. IN that sense, this song goes from ppp to fff to ppp. I have no idea how I would set up such a stepfile properly using your logic with only 4 notes.

eurostud4
01-5-2007, 10:57 PM
I thought it was pretty good, it went with the music after all. Maybe a tad too many jumps, but otherwise great.

sleeplessdragn
01-5-2007, 11:02 PM
I should have amped the volume a bit more I think =(

fluffygdog95
01-5-2007, 11:07 PM
I enjoyed it a lot. As euro said it went with the music. I play some piano and I think that is a good representation of the song, hard and fast. Good job Reach.

Shashakiro
01-5-2007, 11:13 PM
I have to agree with Reach on the Classical vs other thing, by the way.

Classical pieces should be stepped quite differently from other songs IMO, especially when it comes to jumps and jacks.

eurostud4
01-5-2007, 11:14 PM
The music really quiet for me, is it like that with everybody else?

ieatyourlvllol
01-5-2007, 11:17 PM
Only the beginning is quiet for me.

The file is win.

sleeplessdragn
01-5-2007, 11:20 PM
The music really quiet for me, is it like that with everybody else?

Tass sent this to me to do a volume fix on it. The person who played it made it loud in the middle like that on purpose, and I tried my best to level it out, but I guess now I should have made it louder still.

white_boy
01-5-2007, 11:21 PM
the song is supposed to get quiet.

anyways this song is fun as hell.

reach this file is garbage.

you're dumb as hell.

iggymatrixcounter
01-6-2007, 04:46 AM
I personally didn't like the song.

And maybe I just don't appreciate how the steps are set up but IMO they're repetitive (the song is so what can you do) and dull.

Course most Classical songs are below par to me anyways. I don't think complex songs should be stepped into FFR/SM songs. If you can't dance to it, then why STEP it to music?

UberMario
01-6-2007, 05:08 AM

Haha, I was thinking that while I was playing through.

xjohnieboyx
01-6-2007, 05:14 AM
the song and steps are great

however jacks don't register on FFR so greatly, therefore it's lose.

jimerax
01-6-2007, 09:23 AM
Rhythms go with the music pretty well, 48ths and doubles are okay.

But I must say it's a great failure using those jacky patterns all over the song for an FFR file, they completely eliminate the fun.
might be pretty fun on SM though.

xjohnieboyx
01-6-2007, 09:25 AM
Rhythms go with the music pretty well, 48ths and doubles are okay.

But I must say it's a great failure using those jacky patterns all over the song for an FFR file, they completely eliminate the fun.
might be pretty fun on SM though.

This man says it well.

sherbtail
01-6-2007, 09:35 AM
well I liked it! even if I'm a bit rubbish on it, I can only just almost FC a challenging song so this was hard but still nice.

can I just ask what the difference between a song on SM and a song on FFR is?

dore
01-6-2007, 01:09 PM
Arrows close to each other do not register properly on FFR but they do on SM.

1337h4xz0r
01-6-2007, 01:20 PM
I thought that it was a very fun song, and i think the jacks make it better so its more of a challenge to FC, the music was decent too

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
01-6-2007, 05:10 PM
Well done file. I like how it was made to mimick the sheet music instead of just the song. Makes it very unique.

GamerShadow
01-6-2007, 07:05 PM
It's repetitive... I didn't enjoy this stepfile...

The biggest issue I had though was the fact that I couldn't hear the song. I have my volume at the normal spot, and I couldn't hear the music for half the song.

Otherwise, it'll be another stepfile for Shash to AAA.

Loyal2Death
01-7-2007, 02:07 AM
If I continued to play it as much as I was, I could combo it every time, my problem with it is that the music kept dipping in and out, making it very difficult to keep pace.

Thats number 1, number 2, I think this is one of those things where it was just too proficient. Classic songs should be stepped differently only in that you go about the song differently, not setting aside a completely different rubric for it. You can only do so much with 4 arrows as opposed to a full piano/keyboard.

~-[L2D]-~

Silver_Brian
01-7-2007, 04:28 AM
udder idiot
Oh.