PDA

View Full Version : Chatroom

RobbyZero
12-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Seriously there isn't enough mods for this damn chat room fuck.

There is always some fucking retard in there spamming and today it has been this retard named Tony-Montana. He obviously is under 13 with no pubes and his baals havnt dropped out of his chest.I suggest fixing this problem which could be getting more Mods or Banning the little fagget.

RobbyZero
12-19-2003, 03:17 PM
And now there is some dumbfuck named benjamin1869 or some shit spamming ...wont leave its been like 1 hour...

Lupin_the_3rd
12-19-2003, 03:32 PM
20 post max per minute would be ideal

nestlekwik
12-19-2003, 03:52 PM
The problem is the chat mods can't really do anything. Sure we kick people, but that doesn't do shit. Until we can actually ban their stupid asses and keep them off of the chat for a while/forever, there is really no point at all. We kick, they come right back.

EmperorSteele
12-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Well then, additional or new chat software is in order. Though where to get a sufficient chat program which allows banning is something i don't know. =(

RobbyZero
12-19-2003, 04:53 PM
The kick should be for a couple of hours/days something of the sort. Cause this is pissing everyone off. Nobody have the balls to say anything cause it has been mentioned a million times but this is how you get things done.

Moogy
12-19-2003, 05:15 PM
IRC.

IRC.

IRC.

Synthlight
12-19-2003, 05:25 PM
If someone has a solution that would work, I am open to hear it. So far there have been no suggestions that would fix any of the problems the chat is experiencing.

Kick them? They just come back as a different username..

IP Ban them? Sure but what happens if they are at a school? Ban the entire school? or ISP? What happens if they have dynamic IP addresses? None of those is a good solution.

IRC? Great idea.. Done that before. Chat was about as busy and cheerful as Iraq on a nice summer day. Plus you instantly lose realtime audio and video capability not to mention IRC floods and splits causing problems or people not knowing how to login.

Kick them for a few days? So they can turn around, make a new username and come right back in less than 2 minutes?

New Chat Software? Sure, If you want to fund it. This one costs hundreds plus the license to run the realtime video/audio at max 1mbit was an additional $500.. You find me a better full featured chat app that is compatible with most any platform and then purchase it for me. I would be glad to put it up.

Sure there are things that could be changed, the chat is not perfect but at the same time the best thing people can do (and never do) is leave the spammer alone. They always get bored eventually and melt away.. unless they get what they want, which is a rise out of you.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Synthlight

RobbyZero
12-19-2003, 07:47 PM
How about a Chat Bot. auto detecting spamming and bullshit and it auto kicks everytime? That doesnt solve a whole lot but it works.

drummerboy765
12-19-2003, 08:11 PM
do they even have those?

RobbyZero
12-19-2003, 10:01 PM
you can easily create or download one and program it .

I used to have some for Diablo2 chat rooms to mod my channel so newbs wouldnt come in. Like Clan members only and such

SotN
12-23-2003, 02:05 AM
The IRC room was pretty sad. Never got any stats, but there were roughly 10 unique nicks over a week.

jewpinthethird
12-23-2003, 02:17 AM
I never could log in correctly.

SotN
12-23-2003, 02:24 AM
It WAS pretty funny watching you ask "How do I type?" :P

A ban username feature would work out well if there's enough mods to use it. 5 seconds to ban vs. 5 minutes to make a new email and username aint bad at all. Especially when you automate things.

DJ_Weasel
12-29-2003, 06:00 AM
When I get kicked(not that I do often) I can't come back for a long time(somtimes as long as 4 days)I don't get it? Even somtimes when I don't get kicked,I can't even log into the chat,I mean is it full somtimes or what?