Difficulty: 12
FFR Section: Secret
Date Added:10/28/2005

cardswordsman
10-28-2005, 08:57 PM
how huch credits till you get it?

korny
10-28-2005, 09:03 PM
god that song wasn't fun. the streams were hard to read sometimes and the jacks screwed me over. not a very one hander friendly song. steps and patterns are ok.

Omegix
10-28-2005, 09:05 PM
It wasn't that bad, it did have some nice patterns for the streams. But the song was like the same thing for 2 minutes, which made it boring.

180digi
10-28-2005, 09:10 PM
I didnt like that much myself, being the one three three seven 1-hander that i am.

The song itself was nice.

Chromer
10-28-2005, 09:12 PM
First of all this is one of the best songs I've heard so far on FFR. The steps themselves were a little wacky. The beginning streams were awesome, but then it digressed into an unreadable mess. It smoothed back out with the awesome jacks section and then went right back into the mess. If the streams were a little more like CIA Rave's then I could call this one of the best simfiles on FFR.

Loltor
10-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah, song was nice, if repetitive. This probably would have been a nice file had it been in SM (as in, with something other than C300). Omegix's comment about streams = seconded. Only a couple reservations. You did make this file (IMO) a bit too tiring, seeing as it was VERY airy most of the time (no, not in the beginning) and lasted some 2:33. As well, that little jack there on the left... I'd like to find someone who likes that.

Chromer
10-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Seconded about the steps being tiring. My hands were running on adrenaline around the time the jacks ended. =/

chickendude
10-28-2005, 09:43 PM
WINNER!
Yeah, I kind of sucked at it, but the song was cool. Repetetive, but I liked it.
Steps kind of went from this back and forth thing down to some wacky stuff- but I liked it.
WINNER!

Afrobean
10-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Crossovers in the middle of streams when they don't make any sense are lots of fun.

No, actually they suck. If you're going to use crossovers, use them correctly (ie where they actually make sense to use them there and not just to make it tough for indexers).

Also, jumps are for parts of the song where there is a more intense sound (ie a crash, or an accented note), not wherever you feel like to make it harder (like any eighth runs for example. If the eighth run isn't especially energetic or anything, it DOES NOT NEED TO BE JUMPS).

Worst steps in FFR/10.

plasmix
10-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Steps were weird but cool. Jacks at beginning were hard to combo, crossovers hard to read at 300. Song itself was cool.

Mr_President
10-28-2005, 11:17 PM
OK. But now, for the second time, how many creds do you need stockpiled? I've got close to 2100 and all songs bought. Am I close?

-Fallen-
10-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Garbage. Streams sucked ass towards the 2nd half of the song and overuse of doubles at one point. Really gay.

Eyoshi
10-29-2005, 12:13 AM
I liked the song a lot.

But the steps...Ugly. The gratuitous use of jumps and overuse of crossovers really trashed the stepfile. After further play, the crossovers and jumps are just awful. There seemed to be no reason to place them there, yet they were used.

Once again, another great song that is weighed down because of a bad stepchart.

Reach
10-29-2005, 12:20 AM
Garbage? wtf, noobs.

I want to murder the author in his sleep for putting those jacks in it, ruining an otherwise good file aside from the fact that it was far to long. The 16ths have extremely good flow to them and actually follow the rhythms nicely, but my eyes were burning by the end.

Rebirth0
10-29-2005, 12:57 AM
I thought it was ok, but the jumps in the middle were weird. Streams were fun despite the crossovers, which I can't do very well because I play FFR on index.

Icemage
10-29-2005, 04:45 AM
The song is pretty dull. Stepfile has some nice streams, but there's a schizoid section in the middle of the stepfile that swaps between percussion and synth beats seemingly at random which is extremely awkward.

Not a very enjoyable stepfile at all for me.

Icemage

masterhickle
10-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Going against my intended break from FFR, because I juse -have- to play the new songs =P.

Personally, I thought the song and steps were great. As an indexer, the streams are perfect for me. The only part I found a bit annoying were the double runs...but still fun in a way =P

Best "Guru's Only" song on the game, IMO.

-Fallen-
10-29-2005, 01:00 PM
You really have poor criticism, lol.

Fcloud7F
10-29-2005, 07:15 PM
a bit 4finger biased with all the unnessacery crossovers, but cool song, and ok steps overall

7/10

jimerax
10-29-2005, 09:37 PM
nice stream flow.

mini jacks on FFR are dumb but not impossible at all tho.

Chromer
10-30-2005, 01:11 AM
I just hope someone will redo this stepfile before 3rd style for the love of God.

Xandertrax
10-30-2005, 07:25 AM
How many credits do you need for this?

iggymatrixcounter
10-30-2005, 12:01 PM
I feel that arguing over the crossovers (since I'm index) is stupid because I'm trying to get over it and just learn how to do them rather than cry about them. So I like the crossovers just because it adds to its difficulty. Jacks on the other hand create a design flaw and not a skill flaw so that I don't like. Song was kool sounding for awhile but haven't played it enough to where it's annoying. Steps themselves in my book were different and will either broaden my skills in crossovers or will end up despising the song forever.

igotrhythm
10-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Oh man, this song is nucking futs. XD

However, were I to ever make some kind of adventure game, this song is almost EXACTLY what I'm looking for in terms of boss battle music.

zzthelegendofmax
10-30-2005, 03:13 PM
it was ok at first then the patterns made no more sense the jumps were fun

gogohappiness
10-30-2005, 05:51 PM
It was a cool song but.
*leans in closley*
NEVERENDING 16TH NOTE STREAM.
and then the double after double. then when you think your done your not.
I was about to commit suicide if it went on any longer.

Afrobean
10-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Hah! I just BARELY passed this and I got in the top 200 ranking.

That's really messed up.

gogohappiness
10-30-2005, 06:22 PM
I thought I failed but I still got in the 100's.

Shashakiro
10-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Hah! I just BARELY passed this and I got in the top 200 ranking.

That's really messed up.

Maybe because fewer than 500 people have played the song :P

Pumble
10-30-2005, 06:39 PM
I only have like 1000 credits so i can't play it, lol.

Icemage
10-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Considering that Noir Remixed requires 2000 credits, I'm guessing Gradeus needs 2500+ or some such, so I don't expect the majority of casual players to have access to it yet.

Icemage

JenovaSephiroth
10-30-2005, 08:59 PM
All of these comments can add up to one little sentence:

Better off in Stepmania.

dAnceguy117
10-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Centipedes? In Robby's vagina?

This is becoming a common theme X(

Song and steps were awesome. 16th jacks in FFR are fucked, but hate the game, not the playa.. or in this case, the simfile. Well, don't hate FFR. Just hate how it fucks up jacks.

chickendude
10-30-2005, 10:03 PM
wait, there were jacks?

Mr_President
10-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Alright, first off... it's a smooth 2500 for the song.

Secondy... I"VE NEVER SEEN A MORE RETARDED STEPCHART IN MY LIFE.

Thank you.

Mr_President
10-30-2005, 11:51 PM
After further play:

Wow. I can't believe I made such a big deal about wanting to play this song. Sounds great, little uber runs are great, crossovers actually make sense when you listen to the song...

Then there were the jumps. The most homoerotic jump sequence in my life. The first set was alright... then it made way for this blatant mashing of buttons the likes of which...

Bah... good song spoiled by jumps... again.

-Fallen-
10-31-2005, 12:04 AM
The stepchart is not retarded. The simfile artist is the retard who KNOWS FFR highly recommends AVOIDING jacks at all costs but some people just don't give a fuck and submit any piece of shit.

Worst part is that the file is reviewed before being actually submited if I'm not mistaken, so wtf?

blargherness
10-31-2005, 05:20 AM
Hated the song, but the stepfile presented almost a perfect amount of challenge, and I like challenge without the challenge of mashing. I'd give the stepfile a 7/10, song a 4/10 (for monotony(I know I misspelled that(and that as well))and just not liking the song.)

plasmix
10-31-2005, 05:04 PM
There are only 2 jacks.

Razorflame
10-31-2005, 05:13 PM
And I thought this song was cool, that is, until I played it. I did not like this song at all. In fact, I think I won't ever play it again. Nice attempt though.

Chromer
10-31-2005, 10:37 PM
Those damn jacks before the jumps mess me up all the time.

Rebirth0
10-31-2005, 11:33 PM
The jacks are easy, I don't see why everyone is complaining.

Tokzic
11-1-2005, 08:22 PM
This is the song you want to play if you're one handed and for some stupid reason want to give yourself carpal tunnel. God my hand hurts now.

Anyway, the song itself is really cool (though the constant sixteenths beeps get irritating after about a minute). As for the steps, it'd be nice if I could read them properly. Quicker than C300 please.

NaOTa4231
11-1-2005, 08:44 PM
not a big fan of this one....

ToshX
11-2-2005, 07:16 AM
Bandwagon!
---
I don't really like it either, mainly for the jumps :/

JenovaSephiroth
11-2-2005, 07:51 AM
There are only 2 jacks.

QFE

Fallen, now what did you say about jacks? Hmm?

And if I remember correctly, you first said that the steps were garbage. You later said that the stepchart wasn't supid, that whoever made the steps (me) was stupid for putting it up. Contradiction?

**listens for answer**

You've had it out for me since the very beginning. I'm starting to get sick and tired of all of your bulls#it regarding my steps. If you actually give me a LEGITIMATE reason as to why you hate my steps, then maybe, JUST MAYBE, i can fit your sorry needs. You are proving ABSOLUTELY NOTHING by sitting on your high horse and demeaning everything that doesn't meet your pseudo-perfectionist ways. Give it up, already.

plasmix
11-2-2005, 07:59 AM
Hey can you send me the mp3?

Tokzic
11-2-2005, 09:58 AM

lightdarkness
11-2-2005, 11:19 AM

No.

-Fallen-
11-2-2005, 02:42 PM
There are only 2 jacks.

QFE

Fallen, now what did you say about jacks? Hmm?

And if I remember correctly, you first said that the steps were garbage. You later said that the stepchart wasn't supid, that whoever made the steps (me) was stupid for putting it up. Contradiction?

**listens for answer**

You've had it out for me since the very beginning. I'm starting to get sick and tired of all of your bulls#it regarding my steps. If you actually give me a LEGITIMATE reason as to why you hate my steps, then maybe, JUST MAYBE, i can fit your sorry needs. You are proving ABSOLUTELY NOTHING by sitting on your high horse and demeaning everything that doesn't meet your pseudo-perfectionist ways. Give it up, already.

The stepfile sucks but isn't retarded, just boring. There's only 2 jacks? I know that, when did I say there was more than 2? I said that you were a moron for having even JUST 2. And the fact that you even had a jack in the first place makes this file complete garbage above any other crappy simfile with retarded patterns who do not have jacks (i.e: Delirium).

So shut the fuck up.

JenovaSephiroth
11-2-2005, 05:40 PM
Why are you going so crazy over 2 jacks? You shouldn't be, because I can just simply...uhh...REMOVE them by changing what step it was. I don't know why you are arguing over such a miniscule aspect of the entire stepchart.

gogohappiness
11-3-2005, 12:46 AM
I tried the song again. And I'm about asleep in my chair so I failed because I got bored of moving my fingers fast for like 3 minutes straight.

ThEclipse
11-3-2005, 12:50 AM
queer jumps/10

gogohappiness
11-3-2005, 01:49 PM
whoa I just did it the best I ever did and I only got 83. I thought I would have got more. But I saw bandit.com and bahamut-x on the leaderboard so props to them.

Fcloud7F
11-3-2005, 06:32 PM
Oh man, this song is nucking futs. XD

However, were I to ever make some kind of adventure game, this song is almost EXACTLY what I'm looking for in terms of boss battle music.

it reminds me of a techno version of the genova music in FF7

Shashakiro
11-3-2005, 08:03 PM
I like this song/stepchart. The jacks aren't THAT bad and I think the steps provide a nice balance between jump-based stuff and stream-based stuff. Fun song.

Chromer
11-4-2005, 06:04 AM

ha ha. You guys suck. I'm listening to the song right now.

igotrhythm
11-4-2005, 01:12 PM
Screwiest FFR-related event ever...I'm playing this song, and I just get into the last set of jumps when the guy sitting next to me pulls out a freaking camcorder and starts recording my suckage. Still, I did finish with my second-best score to date on that one (610K, my best is is the 620s), so I guess it wasn't so bad.

More proof that fast streams draw crowds. XD

chickendude
11-4-2005, 05:31 PM
I mean, it may not be the best song

but if you want to impress your friends (or just random people nearby)

this is the song to go to
its probably one of the fastest stream songs around that's synced right

Chrono Trigger also draws crowds, not sure why on that one. Thats the one that my friends always ask me to impress them on <_<. Maybe its because its arcade

So in that sense I guess its good. I know what I'll be playing at the library. People get yelled at for crowding around my comp (commotion = bad @ library), its awesome.

Bahamut-X
11-4-2005, 08:46 PM
Haha, retards. This stepfile is not garbage, it's just mediocre. I agree the jacks shouldn't be there, but other than that what's wrong with it? The 16 patterns are well-known and flow excellently, the jump stuff can be repetitive but it doesn't make the sim bad. The sim was made to the song.

PS This song is really fucking good.

stlunatic0124
11-6-2005, 05:01 AM
Umm i love this song. The steps are so much fun. Just because they're too quick for some of you doesn't mean you have to hate it. I enjoy the jumps. Only thing that makes me angry is the 2nd jack, but I guess jacks are needed to make some songs harder..

ZeroFuser
02-20-2006, 02:14 PM
You're actually pretty close with that adventure game comment. The full, 6 minute version of Gradeus has a choreographed RPG cut-scene to go along with it. Our Dev team hasn't gotten to that game yet, though. In fact, I digress that it is in fact somewhat repetitive, but if you were to actually see the cut-scene that is supposed to go along with it, it fits. That's why Gradeus can appear to be such a repetitive song. The main function of the lead synth was indeed to "entrance" the player, but still hammer away relentlessly. Repetitive? Alright, sure. The best synth I've ever created? Yeah. Seriously.
Thanks guys,
- ZeroFuser.