PDA

View Full Version : Losing credits

DanMan69
09-23-2003, 03:06 PM
I think having the credit system is cool and all, but if you lose credits everytime you fail a song it makes it hard to try new songs. Lets say i want to do hellbeat and i have never done it. i want to get better so i try and it and practice all day. and what do i end up with? -200 credits and some practice. I dont think there should be negative credits.

aperson
09-23-2003, 03:09 PM
I think there should be an option to play for credits. You can turn credits off to practice, then turn them on to go try to earn some. BUT! If you exit out midsong while trying for credits it takes away 10 so you can't just close the window or refresh if you are doing poorly.

Cleone
09-23-2003, 03:18 PM
I think that negative credits are a good idea, considering after you get the aforementioned practice, you'll be gaining about 3+ credits per play and never losing a single one on that song.

There's a whole bunch of people on these boards with their credit figures in triple digits.. surely losing a few from failing songs isn't too bad? Plus, it kinda works as a score system- the people who are really good at the incredibly hard songs will never lose a single credit, whereas the people can't pass them to save their life will naturally have a lower credit rating.

Overall, the more you play, the more credits you gain, and I don't think anybody would go through a continuous stream of losing credits, especially when easier songs are available. Remember that the scale of credit-gaining goes from -7 to +20.. ie. everybody will be gaining a lot more credits than losing them!

Reach
09-23-2003, 03:20 PM
You should be able to turn the credits off or something. I got like 130% of the top players score on minute waltz and i still lost like 10 credits o_O which is annoying.

aperson
09-23-2003, 03:26 PM
You should be able to turn the credits off or something. I got like 130% of the top players score on minute waltz and i still lost like 10 credits o_O which is annoying.

I don't see how, my credits are constantly sitting at 0 on my attempts on minute waltz.

Moogy
09-23-2003, 03:49 PM
We should have a bank. While credits are in the bank, they cannot be lost, however, you cannot use them to access the secret levels. I.E. you have 50 credits. You can play Burnout and Secret Zombie Room. You then bank 25. You can now only play Burnout, because the other 25 are banked. Also, credits in the bank would have to be taken out to buy something, and you could only have so many deposits/withdrawels per hour/day. I think this would be an excellent idea...

Brainmaster07
09-23-2003, 04:42 PM
I really think the credits you earn or loose should be dependant on the difficulty of the level. I mean, on uber rave I got on like 3rd and a good run but got 0 credits, and it's a pretty hard song. While I can just go over to bubleman and get an easy 8 on one of the easiest songs here... seems a little unfair to me. Also, I think it should be easier to loose credits. After and hour or two I already have enough credits to buy more then half the songs in the shop (If they were there anyway).

Freak83
09-23-2003, 05:35 PM
Yeah, if they were there the song prices should range from the lowest one there (15) up to something very high like 5000. Make people EARN it.

nestlekwik
09-23-2003, 10:44 PM
The shop is still under construction. The prices will be MUCH higher. The current values are there just as "placers."

Brainmaster07
09-23-2003, 10:46 PM
WOOT, thank you nestlewik!