PDA

View Full Version : original forum members

Klaymen
09-9-2003, 11:35 PM
were you in the original forum? i know i was. ah, those were the days. With megaginge, and archowl; hyrogashi always flamming everyone, and synth was always the top poster by a long shot (btw, i was in second for a long time). back in the days before this sight had any moderators, and then that fateful day came, and synth changed the sight, and made nestlekwik our first mod, everyone felt like the sight was getting better and better all the time, the top posters all felt like they would one day be a mod. however, most drifted away and are no longer with us :cry: . I started drifting too, but now i am back with a vengance... well, maybe not with a vengance, but i am back! so if you were there for the beginings of ffr, just say high or whatever, and if you weren't we, please don't post. Nothing personal, just want to see how many are left. oh, and i will know if you were or not.

any mod, please make this a sticky

jewpinthethird
09-10-2003, 12:08 AM
I remember why back yonder. Back when I was one of the top ten posters....oh wait I still am....and I'm a mod(admin). I WIN!!

1500th post. Damn, it's like I planned it to be that way.

SotN
09-10-2003, 10:51 AM
I lurked. I lose :cry:

Arch0wl
09-10-2003, 12:24 PM
Aha I rememeber that

And then I got banned for two months

And then I came back with a dramatic return

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

QreepyBORIS
09-10-2003, 02:38 PM
I don't remember. I joined month too late, dammit.

And only because I was required to do that to play the game. Shame, shame.

Freak83
09-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Aha I rememeber that

And then I got banned for two months

And then I came back with a dramatic return

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Heh heh and I supported your return.

I came onto the forum once I saw that poll about "Should Arch0wl be let back onto the forum?"

I had to know what this was about so I started looking for posts by him... finding a few eventually, starting to post myself...

Freak83
09-10-2003, 02:46 PM
Oh yeah, and remember when my uber high and fast rising post count was always the main thing being talked about around here? Ah those days where I was the #1 poster... and being the first to reach 1000 posts. (Followed shortly by QreepyBORIS)

Spazzbite
09-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Well I wouldn't say i was an original here, but i was here before freak and qreepy. I remember when people here were like "omgz! SeanH got 1 mil on FF7! thats impossible!" Of course, now there have been many scores on that song alone that have broken 1 million points. Aaahhh... those were the days..

jewpinthethird
09-10-2003, 05:56 PM
I remember when Arch was banned. The poll was "Should Arch be allowed back?" or something like that. At first I voted 'Yes'...then I saw what a bitch you were and voted 'no'....my, havent we shaped up?

Synthlight
09-10-2003, 05:57 PM
Actually.. There are not many of you that remember the original forums before even Arch0wl was banned.. The forums that used a completely seperate forum software. I think the color scheme was green. It was the first place that Hyrogashi ever annoyed me. ;)

Cheers,

Synthlight

nestlekwik
09-10-2003, 06:05 PM
Heh, I remember my legendary battles with DuckNoodleSoup for the #1 scores on FFR. Back in the day I had about 3/4 of the high scores on FFR and then the scores reset and I haven't really tried since I became an admin. The forum was just a bulletin board type setup and the site was just one page. Black background with all the news surrounding the game window - everything on one screen. Only 13 songs at that time too.

So, you still play Little Fighter 2? :wink:

zajac
09-10-2003, 06:09 PM
ya..... good 'ol days of joining a few weeks ago at 5am in the morning because i coudn't fall asleep..... wow.... THOSE WERE THE DAYS!!!

QreepyBORIS
09-10-2003, 06:37 PM
And in addition to Klay's Idea, revive the old SFYT bg for a day, too.

jewpinthethird
09-10-2003, 06:49 PM
WHY!? SO EVERYONE CAN GO BLINDED?!

I remember when the site had only 4 songs....it was all about the Snowman and the Sunshine Girl....all the way.

Klaymen
09-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Actually.. There are not many of you that remember the original forums before even Arch0wl was banned.. The forums that used a completely seperate forum software. I think the color scheme was green. It was the first place that Hyrogashi ever annoyed me. ;)

Cheers,

Synthlight

ooh! ooh! I do! I do! those were the first forums i ever posted in in my life, i guess that is why i miss them :cry:

Freak83
09-10-2003, 08:50 PM
FFR forums are first forums I've ever posted on too.

jewpinthethird
09-10-2003, 08:51 PM
I remember green forums ro something....well....I dont really. But I think I was there....was I?

Klaymen
09-10-2003, 08:59 PM
WHY!? SO EVERYONE CAN GO BLINDED?!

I remember when the site had only 4 songs....it was all about the Snowman and the Sunshine Girl....all the way.

like my favorite songs now are the first 4 dance songs, i have become attached to them, that is why i wanted to use the original arrows for a day (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3142).
and i don't play little fighter 2 anymore, b/c i beat it so many times, but it is still a great game. :D

SotN
09-10-2003, 09:28 PM
You bastards. I put I lurked while the rest of you put that you were a part of the original forum, when I've been here longer than you.

Bastards.

jewpinthethird
09-11-2003, 10:11 PM
I've been around since the beginning and seen the steady evolution of FFR.

Hyrogashi
09-12-2003, 06:25 PM

Cheers,

Synthlight

And how that annoyance grew so big and got me such high places. Ah the good ol' days.

Almost forgot! I was the first person to introduce a "hard" song! Chrono trigg0r. w00t im sew O.G.

musicheck
09-17-2003, 06:02 PM
I miss those days. Why cant Arch be like he used too? And Synth being like a regular person, not so official. And best of all, no AO!

MEGAginge
09-22-2003, 04:03 PM
were you in the original forum? i know i was. ah, those were the days. With megaginge, and archowl; hyrogashi always flamming everyone, and synth was always the top poster by a long shot (btw, i was in second for a long time). back in the days before this sight had any moderators, and then that fateful day came, and synth changed the sight, and made nestlekwik our first mod, everyone felt like the sight was getting better and better all the time, the top posters all felt like they would one day be a mod. however, most drifted away and are no longer with us :cry: . I started drifting too, but now i am back with a vengance... well, maybe not with a vengance, but i am back! so if you were there for the beginings of ffr, just say high or whatever, and if you weren't we, please don't post. Nothing personal, just want to see how many are left. oh, and i will know if you were or not.

any mod, please make this a sticky

HEYYYYYYYYY!!!

Im back again (third time Ive returned) Itll last till my hand starts really playing up again... Thanks for the honourable mention, we dont seem to flame so much any more, heh snce I came back Ive been moderated twice, their half assed moderating is far more annoying than the half assed flaming... :)

MEGAginge
09-22-2003, 04:06 PM

Cheers,

Synthlight

Nah, there were a few of us... I was like member number 7 :) I remember u and Hyro from then, I think there were bout 3 other active posters it took like 4 days to get a reply... I swear it was powder blue btw, but I dont hardly remember.

God, that bb script was so weak, lol those were the days...

MEGAginge
09-22-2003, 04:08 PM
I miss those days. Why cant Arch be like he used too? And Synth being like a regular person, not so official. And best of all, no AO!

You werent even on the original bb?

jewpinthethird
09-22-2003, 10:12 PM

Cheers,

Synthlight

Nah, there were a few of us... I was like member number 7 :) I remember u and Hyro from then, I think there were bout 3 other active posters it took like 4 days to get a reply... I swear it was powder blue btw, but I dont hardly remember.

God, that bb script was so weak, lol those were the days...

I swear I was a member....I think. Well, I should have been. And I remember that you could change the interface of the forum to like...different stuff.

MEGAginge
09-23-2003, 05:04 AM
I dont remember you, Synth might seings as your his pet :)

Sorry jewpin I assure you tis nothing personal, I dont remember much..

Lol one thing I do remember is when it first opened I went in and bragged about my number 1 score on Get on the move, then Synth reset the sciores a week or so later and I was peeved because I didnt want to do it again :)

SotN
09-23-2003, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I think Jewpin was a member of the first forum. the only thing I really remember about it was that there virtually zero posting. When FFR got popular a few months later... the forums were still dead. .64 and I will keep calling it 73|-| |23/\/\1>< in size 0 font has brought one hell of a surge, though.

And I hear that Synth and Jewpin do things at night. Just the two of them.

Klaymen
09-23-2003, 10:40 PM
Jewpin, you weren't in the original forum. you came in as i was drifting out. my name their was "dbz253 (klaymen)". remember that separate login/username, what was that all about. megaginge, good to see you back. btw, i noticed you have a new avatar, i forgot what the old one was, but i remember that i hated it :lol: do you still have it some where, if so, please post. yea, i think the forums were blue not green. and everything was blocky like a cheap dos gui.

MEGAginge
09-24-2003, 11:24 AM
I cant find it, but i described it somewhere in this topic I think... Oh wait, no search for my most recent topic called like 'whats up fellow dancers'

its in that (a description)

Darkmage136
09-25-2003, 07:03 PM
agh i haven't visited this site since school started... WAH! Anywayzz.... .64 blows me away!

eldiabo3005
09-25-2003, 07:28 PM
Yeah I was one of them. I remember the good ol days :lol: ,but after my computer broke down I was mad that I couldn't really see this, well I could and it was at school, but I had to be careful.

Brainmaster07
09-25-2003, 07:30 PM
Our school has friggen camera's in all the computer labs so if they catch you going on any non-school related site, doesn't matter what it is, they expell you. :roll:. Oh, and they can freeze your computer so you can't click out once you go into a non-school related site...

jewpinthethird
09-25-2003, 09:17 PM
Okay, I've been around since the beginning of FFR (Oct. 21 I think). I remember the site being all black, and then one day, it had this layout. I was the 7th person to register on "these" forums. Are they the same?

MEGAginge
09-27-2003, 07:59 AM
no

there was a little link top and right of the black site above the news i think with an old forum. thats what we mean. hehe

brainmaster: bull im sure, but also my college has a full screencheck ability, they can draw on your screenand leave pager messages warning you to get back tto work. also if they see a file download they can copy it, etc.. its not safe to do much there :)

Blank
09-27-2003, 06:32 PM
I lurked. I lose :cry:
*nods* :( Me too... :cry:

RobbyZero
09-28-2003, 03:33 AM
i was one of the first people who joined this game when it was first out,but i wasnt much into the message boards too much,but i was an early member thats why i came back

Blank
09-28-2003, 12:01 PM
Heh. I can remember when you joined. "Oh great, another kid trying to imitate me. w00t. :roll:" :P

MEGAginge
09-28-2003, 03:39 PM
n00000000bs this is a vet topic :)

Blank
09-28-2003, 05:16 PM
Bah, I didn't register back then, as you can see, I registered in March. So Nyah to you! *is shot*

RobbyZero
09-28-2003, 05:20 PM
lol,i always choose Blank as sign in names,emails and such

everything i do is with blank

my email,my d2 accounts,one of my accounts on ffr :D i chose it because my favorite char in FF9 is Zidane's friend Blank

Klaymen
09-28-2003, 11:25 PM
Okay, I've been around since the beginning of FFR (Oct. 21 I think). I remember the site being all black, and then one day, it had this layout. I was the 7th person to register on "these" forums. Are they the same?

wow,you even posted in these forums before me. my bad, but i seriously don't remember you. Either you didn't post very much in the beggining, or i missed all of your posts somehow. but yea, the original forums were on a link on the black page. when you clicked it, it felt like a completely different site.

Klaymen
09-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Well, u missed Hyrogashi but Ive seen posts from him... scorpio is a n00b btw not someone I care about... Same with Qreepy actualy ^^

yea, i don't like scorpio either. i din't like qreepyboris at the beggining b/c he was a n00b with too many posts (if that makes any sense) but he is growing on me. it wasn't the avatar that you described, i remember it now! it had a picture of batboy with a red "megaginge" fading in and out over it. Man, i hated that! btw, what does megaginge mean any ways?

jewpinthethird
09-28-2003, 11:37 PM
You know what? I dont care if I was a member of the original forums or not. Because they must have sucked if I wasnt there.

Brainmaster07
10-1-2003, 08:09 PM
no

there was a little link top and right of the black site above the news i think with an old forum. thats what we mean. hehe

brainmaster: bull im sure, but also my college has a full screencheck ability, they can draw on your screenand leave pager messages warning you to get back tto work. also if they see a file download they can copy it, etc.. its not safe to do much there :)

Well, it probably was just an empty threat, but that's what they said :roll:.

Blank
10-1-2003, 08:59 PM
lol,i always choose Blank as sign in names,emails and such

everything i do is with blank

my email,my d2 accounts,one of my accounts on ffr :D i chose it because my favorite char in FF9 is Zidane's friend Blank
Coincidentally, my name has nothing to do with the drunk on FF9 who's name happens to be "Blank." I was tagged with this nickname ages ago, it stuck.

MEGAginge
10-5-2003, 01:46 PM
Well, u missed Hyrogashi but Ive seen posts from him... scorpio is a n00b btw not someone I care about... Same with Qreepy actualy ^^

yea, i don't like scorpio either. i din't like qreepyboris at the beggining b/c he was a n00b with too many posts (if that makes any sense) but he is growing on me. it wasn't the avatar that you described, i remember it now! it had a picture of batboy with a red "megaginge" fading in and out over it. Man, i hated that! btw, what does megaginge mean any ways?

few know. there was an advert in uk for rowntrees megabeans with the slogan 'oingy boingy in your mouth' and Im ginger, do the math... and be appalled at the thought.

screwloki
10-5-2003, 06:44 PM
I didn't browse the forums, but I was a member. I just played the game at that point... I didn't even know it was only a beta. Such innosence, gone forever. *sigh*

MEGAginge
10-7-2003, 05:13 AM
new account then? else ur about 8 months newer than what we are talking about...

CMCAdvanced
10-8-2003, 01:05 AM
Yes.
Those were the good old days.
Days where I didn't randomly pop in like nothing happened.

SotN
10-8-2003, 07:09 PM
Bitch.

notorious
10-9-2003, 04:07 PM
what?? was there another forum??