PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay tip

iopq
05-8-2005, 11:39 PM
This only works if you're not a complete newbie and you're used to higher Cmods in Stepmania (C600 or so?)

Turn on Sudden

Now enjoy reading songs way better

It's like an FFR Cmod

I used to get 250K on CIA Rave and a B in stepmania, now I got 570K in FFR... more than double my previous high score

Same with many other songs... I usually get 500K+ on the harder songs now instead of mashing to try and live
I also FC'd Secret Zombie Room for the first time, with pretty good timing to boot.

Of course, everyone here rapes my scores, but since it helped me so much, maybe it will help someone else.

This thread was inspired by ToshX's thread where I got the Sudden tip from (I think Nima said playing Sudden is easier).

ToshX
05-9-2005, 02:43 AM
Yeah, I was bored and decided to try this out then posted it. The results are 3 times my score and a much higher perfect average. It doesn't work that well in Stepmania because no matter what speed you use, the arrows appear right freakin in front of the place your supposed to hit them.
--
Basically Sudden lets you focus on the arrows you need to hit and ignore the arrows you don't need to hit yet. In other words it will make you 1337 and you won't do anything different.

c117
05-9-2005, 06:36 AM
Intriguing :P

Sandviper
05-9-2005, 09:30 AM
im still better w/out sudden :/

leadafro
05-9-2005, 10:13 AM
im still better w/out sudden :/
me too

angel-d
05-9-2005, 01:58 PM
Ok i spend my whole FFR life asking quesiotns, but how else will i learn, please teach me.
-What is sudden?

fusi0n
05-9-2005, 02:20 PM
I figured something better than this a long time ago that I told someone and I guess it spread to the better players.

gardyloo
05-9-2005, 02:57 PM
Ok i spend my whole FFR life asking quesiotns, but how else will i learn, please teach me.
-What is sudden?please stop. right now.

ToshX
05-10-2005, 02:07 AM
I figured something better than this a long time ago that I told someone and I guess it spread to the better players.
Actually, it didn't really spread at all, I found this on my own time and now other people know because I posted it.

alainbryden
05-10-2005, 03:44 AM
Actually, it didn't really spread at all, I found this on my own time and now other people know because I posted it.

I'm a proud user :D

angel-d
05-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Sorry gardyloo, but i actually don't know anything except the basics to do with computers :oops: so how will i ever know if i don't ask!
Somebody please tell me...

gardyloo
05-10-2005, 02:09 PM
ok. sudden is the mode in ddr or stepmania or any other simulater where the arrows come up from about half screen(over the words) instead of the bottom.

angel-d
05-10-2005, 02:15 PM
ohhh.... ok, makes sense then. Thanks for that! And i promis never to ask silly questions again (unless i really REALLY want to know the answer), cross my heart and hope to die.

AasumDude
05-10-2005, 03:05 PM
sounds diff from what i usually do, fo sho.

i cant even fc secret zombie room with sudden tho. Im way better with the normal stuff. Fo shizzle?

talisman
05-10-2005, 05:30 PM
yeah, I figured it out after wondering how bandit did his silence scores. In fact I think I posted it in the that thread.

Bahamut-X
05-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Sudden needs to not be transparent then it would be a lot better.

fusi0n
05-12-2005, 02:01 PM

I wasn't talking about sudden you idiot.

emccky
05-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Yea.. I knew about this a while ago.. you know that I know fusion :D i knew before you told me though. XD

iopq
05-14-2005, 12:35 AM
playing on the side sucks like hell
especially playing spread LOL

ToshX
05-14-2005, 09:30 AM

I'm a proud user :D
I didn't try to make it sound that way alain, but I guess it did :P
--
I know fusion, but it STILL didn't spread at all, I wasn't referring to sudden so shush and don't get so mad.