PDA

View Full Version : 100BPM Dubstep

midnghtraver
08-25-2011, 07:40 PM
In hopes to salvage the fail that was my other thread. Apparently no one liked my song. I'll post this one.

Get it to 100 views and i'll turn downloading on?

http://soundcloud.com/nmilla/get-whacked

It has swagger no..?

Note: Its mastered a little low in volume. Might wanna turn your speakers up.

Poison-
08-25-2011, 07:45 PM
I like it.

ELRayford
08-25-2011, 08:34 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/7/19/5f8bf424-df8f-4bdd-a4ca-b1c9a2ec3c7f.jpg

Tarrik
08-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Liked it. Nice one.

blindreper1179
08-25-2011, 09:15 PM
I like it, but it's repetitive.

xXOpkillerXx
08-26-2011, 01:00 AM
I like it, but it's repetitive.

This. Sounds good but needs more power. bigger drop somewhere maybe, shorter bassline parts (so less repetitive). Add more sounds to it. Other than that, it's a good slow dubstep song.

PrawnSkunk
08-26-2011, 01:40 AM
When i saw the soundcloud preview it looked pretty snore - but I was pleasantly surprised :] even if this doesn't get the amount of views you want, I'd still love a dl link so i can listen to it

Frank Munoz
08-26-2011, 02:32 AM
It is nice production, but to my ears it is just another wubwub song.
It has swag, but it is weak; to me, this would sound so much more interesting if it were Break-step. Dub-step/Break-beat(making up my own genres). But, the beat is really weak imo, and the repetitiveness along with the length is a little unbearable(to me).

To give people an example of what I feel from this song:
It's like one of synths really long/badly stepped songs.

This song doesn't have any progression; the entire song sounds like the first 4 measures. I would blame the beat, though; there is not much I can think of to do with it.
I'm not a huge fan of Dub-step, though. This could be the case for me not liking it. You're a good musician though^^, if I could ask: how do you make dubstep? How do you produce the wub? I have no clue on how people do it.

xXOpkillerXx
08-26-2011, 12:08 PM
It is nice production, but to my ears it is just another wubwub song.
It has swag, but it is weak; to me, this would sound so much more interesting if it were Break-step. Dub-step/Break-beat(making up my own genres). But, the beat is really weak imo, and the repetitiveness along with the length is a little unbearable(to me).

To give people an example of what I feel from this song:
It's like one of synths really long/badly stepped songs.

This song doesn't have any progression; the entire song sounds like the first 4 measures. I would blame the beat, though; there is not much I can think of to do with it.
I'm not a huge fan of Dub-step, though. This could be the case for me not liking it. You're a good musician though^^, if I could ask: how do you make dubstep? How do you produce the wub? I have no clue on how people do it.

Well, you pretty much anwsered the questions... Slow/Fast Progression (Depending on your tastes as the artist) > Drop > THEN mix progression beats with new stuff and add different sounds to make it original and not-repetitive > Last part of song may be: Long and remove beats on every X measure (Gotta be careful not to make it too long eh..) OR Short ending (Hard to explain but you prolly know what I mean.) That's my vision of it. And like Frank said, maybe your beat (0:20 to 0:57 especially) would make a really good DnB/Breakbeat song. :3

midnghtraver
08-26-2011, 01:56 PM
This. Sounds good but needs more power. bigger drop somewhere maybe, shorter bassline parts (so less repetitive). Add more sounds to it. Other than that, it's a good slow dubstep song.

Its fast for dubstep O.o Its at 100bpm instead of 70.

if I could ask: how do you make dubstep? How do you produce the wub? I have no clue on how people do it.

Just an LFO on some simple sine and square waves with a sub bass layer with added effects and distortion stuffs. The "Bwoooow" synth that comes in first uses a band pass filter with a LOT of resonance.

-KIDTHONG-
08-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Its fast for dubstep O.o Its at 100bpm instead of 70

It's Really not "fast" honestly. I like it but as everyone else said, I found myself skipping some parts to hear the same sound.

xXOpkillerXx
08-26-2011, 02:41 PM

Meant the feeling of it, not Bpm :3
Can you tell me the 2 or 3 dubstep songs that you like the most plz so I can see your tastes. Can be from any artist.

Xx{Midnight}xX
08-26-2011, 02:41 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/7/19/5f8bf424-df8f-4bdd-a4ca-b1c9a2ec3c7f.jpg

This.

Also WAY to slow of a song

Herogashix
08-26-2011, 02:43 PM
I like it. But I don't like it. :/

customstuff
08-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Very nice! You should check out Max Out and Mr Brown by KOAN Sound. We have permission for both of those songs and they're 100BPM :)

.Gazelle.
08-26-2011, 02:50 PM

Just an LFO on some simple sine and square waves with a sub bass layer with added effects and distortion stuffs. The "Bwoooow" synth that comes in first uses a band pass filter with a LOT of resonance.

Wait, what? i thought dubstep was usually at 140bpm?

who_cares973
08-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Man this is p dope but legit could be hella better oh man. What do you use to make music?

customstuff
08-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Wait, what? i thought dubstep was usually at 140bpm?

It is. lmao

xXOpkillerXx
08-26-2011, 06:31 PM
It is. lmao

Well, some are at 70BPM though. Most are at 140BPM. Anyway, Gold Dust[Flux Pavillion Remix] is a nice one with a rly high bass. Lines In Wax by Flux too. Out For Blood by Zeds Dead & Omar Linx. Go look at these and tell me what you think about them :3

who_cares973
08-26-2011, 07:23 PM
70 is pretty much 140 ~_~

midnghtraver
08-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Dubstep is at 140, but the kick is at 1 and the snare is at 3 so it is really 70 bpm.

Meant the feeling of it, not Bpm :3
Can you tell me the 2 or 3 dubstep songs that you like the most plz so I can see your tastes. Can be from any artist.

Very nice! You should check out Max Out and Mr Brown by KOAN Sound. We have permission for both of those songs and they're 100BPM :)

qqwref
08-26-2011, 08:34 PM
This was pretty sweet. I agree it was a bit repetitive, but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun to listen to. So great job, and make more :)

midnghtraver
08-26-2011, 11:46 PM
This was pretty sweet. I agree it was a bit repetitive, but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun to listen to. So great job, and make more :)

I'm working on a project that sounds really awesome right now.

P.S. 1 more to free DL

Man this is p dope but legit could be hella better oh man. What do you use to make music?

I use FL Studio right now with a bunch of native instruments stuff. But I'm going to be buying Ableton asap.

midnghtraver
08-28-2011, 03:31 AM
It is now up for download.