PDA

View Full Version : dammit AAA: tips and advice.

08-12-2011, 09:49 AM
hello fellow FFR users (pro specifically),

I have had some major trouble trying to AAA songs. even level 1 songs (very pathetic) any kind of trick to practice.

1. Does my keyboard have to do anything with this. I have heard the flatter the better.

2. Is practicing necessary. I give up after about 5 tries.

3. I fluctuate my speed from 1.775 to 2.15 should i keep 1 speed and suggestions would be nice.

4. I play scrolling down. is using the up scroll any better is that a personal preference.

thank you for your time replies would be great!

Let me know if i had made an infraction/warning. Cause theirs a heck lot more rules.
Thank You

wargasm1
08-12-2011, 09:54 AM
I ploay down too and i usually give up aaa's after 1 try. My guess is you need to get better first, just try to fc everything in the game without boos, then try some aaa's.

Doing aaa's is a skill in itself, im better than alot of people who have 700+ aaa's, yet they are better at doing aaa's.

Keyboard helps, mine tend to add boos cause keys get stuck.

xXOpkillerXx
08-12-2011, 09:57 AM
1. For me a flat keyboard works better.
2. Sometimes I take more than 30 minutes just to AAA one song. Yes, you must practice.
3. My speed is 1.925 and I stick to it. Try to stay near one speed in particular.
4. I play down scroll too and it works perfectly, it depends on which one you think you're better with.

And lol, many tips are given in existing threads already so just go read a bit if you want. I'd say just try FC'ing the highest difficulty you can -Without- getting too many boos. (Mashing)

CoolRun
08-12-2011, 09:58 AM
1. All personal preference, but you're skill may improve with different types. I prefer playing on a flat keyboard.

2. Yes. Don't whore songs either as mindblocks will develop.

3. Most people keep to one speed, some change from time to time. Sometimes I switch from 1.9x from 1.875x after playing some Stepmania.

4. No; all personal preference. Play with whatever suits you best at reading the arrows.

Also: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/coolrun/thought/222759/

Good luck.

TC_Halogen
08-12-2011, 10:11 AM
hello fellow FFR users (pro specifically),

I have had some major trouble trying to AAA songs. even level 1 songs (very pathetic) any kind of trick to practice.

1. Does my keyboard have to do anything with this. I have heard the flatter the better.

2. Is practicing necessary. I give up after about 5 tries.

3. I fluctuate my speed from 1.775 to 2.15 should i keep 1 speed and suggestions would be nice.

4. I play scrolling down. is using the up scroll any better is that a personal preference.

thank you for your time replies would be great!

Let me know if i had made an infraction/warning. Cause theirs a heck lot more rules.
Thank You

1. Keyboard type is a preference -- some people play better with solid keys, others play with flatter keys. I personally love a flat keyboard.

2. Practicing is good if you do it the right way. Playing a song over and over again when you are clearly stuck on the same section is really bad. Analyzing a section little by little rather than playing a full song to nail one section is a lot more time-efficient, and it prevents you from creating problems on other tough-to-hit sections.

3. Start with your lowest comfortable speed mod, and then slowly inch your way up until you find an equilibrium between good reading speed and good arrow density. A lot of people can optimize their game a lot more with a slight speed mod change, and they don't even realize it. I went from 1.50x to 1.75x roughly 2 years ago, and started snagging some For Gurus Only AAAs. After changing from 1.75x to 1.8x, AAAs started to (and continue to) pour in. Fluctuate only when you absolutely have to. Some reasons to change speed mods:

- when you're playing on mirror and don't want to entirely establish a muscle memory, but you want to figure out how a pattern works for the other direction (I do this all the time).

- when you're having trouble reading a certain pattern/transition

- sightreading a song to avoid establishing a muscle memory

- eliminating muscle memory by lowering speed mod to a point where you're forced to read rather than somewhat remember

4.) Scroll direction is also preference. Whatever works for you, go for it. A majority of the players are up-scroll players, although there are a few very strong down-scroll players too (iironiic (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/iironiic/replay/64844/) comes to mind).

Also, you're not violating any rules with this post -- the rules were recently updated in an effort to elaborate things more clearly, but as long as you use common sense, you'll be fine. :)

LJRoX
08-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Downscroll players like 0, longgone, Leonid.. Are godly

in 6k

psychoangel691
08-12-2011, 10:21 AM
What I always did when I was trying to AAA a certain difficulty was to play a few difficulties above. Like when I wanted to get 8's I started playing 9s and 10s. Eventually 8s felt easy to me. It feels like pushing out of your comfort zone a little helps improvement.

rushyrulz
08-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Accuracy comes with more confident muscle memory. You build muscle memory by playing the game a lot. Shoot for 200 FCs (without boos) before you even start thinking about AAAs.