PDA

View Full Version : Organ + Breakbeat + J-Core

ScylaX
07-20-2011, 12:48 PM
MmChBdwyuxE

I inspired very much over Bach's inventions and RoughSketch toward the end. It has two distinct phases :
start - 2:20 : Depressive/Gloomy part
2:20 - end : Energic/frisky part

and I find it rather good compared to what I made lately, I really have a hard time figuring out how I process exactly to come with that kind of track but somewhat, I did it.

One of my best for now, imo.

sakura080789
07-20-2011, 05:31 PM
omg <3 i want to step this

rushyrulz
07-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Song is awesome except for 1:32 to 1:52 and 2:46 to 3:06. Both parts have pretty discordant melodies IMO.

ScylaX
07-20-2011, 06:00 PM
I think discordance is more of a matter of taste imo. It's a complicated topic since music obeys to many mathematical laws but if I had to give my opinion, I just think disonnance is for a good part a problem of empirical listening. I consider that as a fragment of originality, I mean, that's art, the imagination is its virtual limit, so why bother about if a melody is discordant or not ?
I don't like putting boundaries to what I create so, you know, I guess it's the style that'd be bothering you. To me, only the rhythmic coherence matters, rest is basically creation so uh.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, appreciated as always :D

Nullifidian
07-24-2011, 10:18 AM
The first part reminds me of Clonepa's works. He has some cool stuff so check it out. I like the song quite a bit, but I feel the roughsketch-inspired part could've been more energetic. The melody is good, but the overall kicks lack in energy imo.
The burst-y kicks are cool, but I feel there's missing more interesting kick usage and the kick tone going downwards doesn't create the energetic feeling I was expecting.

Here's a good example of roughsketch's energetic kicks at 0:09:
http://soundcloud.com/roughsketch87/roughsketch-feat-minami-gt-dd

rushyrulz
07-24-2011, 11:46 AM
I think discordance is more of a matter of taste imo. It's a complicated topic since music obeys to many mathematical laws but if I had to give my opinion, I just think disonnance is for a good part a problem of empirical listening. I consider that as a fragment of originality, I mean, that's art, the imagination is its virtual limit, so why bother about if a melody is discordant or not ?
I don't like putting boundaries to what I create so, you know, I guess it's the style that'd be bothering you. To me, only the rhythmic coherence matters, rest is basically creation so uh.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, appreciated as always :D

Even if it was some weird artistic approach, there's some notes that just sound terrible together. See: 1:42.
But like I said, aside from those 2 sections that don't really fit into the song, it is a really good breakbeat.

i love you
07-24-2011, 02:52 PM
What program do you use to produce your music?

Also, is it possible if you can tell me what sample packs you use? lmao

ScylaX
07-25-2011, 09:51 AM
@Spitfire Yeah for my song I use one only gabber kick, I'll try mixing some of the ones I have up to get a better feeling. But the beat is going downward for chord purpose, I thought it went well with the melody.

@rushy Well I tried to make that part sounds different but I can exactly see what you're saying there.

@i love you too, So, the DAW used is FL Studio 9 Producer Edition XXL.

About the sounds,
I use that organ vst :http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=622

For the synths, guitar, bass, and other melodic sounds (aka almost everywhere in the song), Sytrus is used. Except for that lead at 1:10 and 1:55 that is called "House", which comes from the vst "SimSynth" (which is the only good decent sound I can use from the set of this program).

Then coming to percussions, I have some rx2 amen loops which I reused with Fruity Slicer (since it can uh "decompose rx2 files and make your own loop from the sounds of that is looped" which is the main purpose of rx2 and I use them just because they provide me good drums to use - I HATE using an "already made sequence", I want my work to be original), in this song, there's three loops (or should I say, drumset, since I use them with that view), just look for some on Google, you'll find a lot of them.
The gabber bassdrum is from a pack called "Wim Wam's Hardcore samples" or something like that, the more basic bassdrum (aka the one that comes up at 0:12 and 3:17) and the ride that accompanies it at 0: (which is actually a crash cymbal but I love using crashes) are from the classical Vengeance Essentials Clubsound vol. 1 sample pack that you should absolutely get to make dance music.

Nullifidian
07-25-2011, 12:52 PM
@Spitfire Yeah for my song I use one only gabber kick, I'll try mixing some of the ones I have up to get a better feeling. But the beat is going downward for chord purpose, I thought it went well with the melody
It's not the fact that you use only one gabber kick, cause so does RoughSketch. But it's the way you use it that makes it kinda not energetic. If you listen to the roughsketch song, he places a lot more kicks at various spots to keep it interesting. There's more variation in the kick placement is what I'm trying to say.