PDA

View Full Version : So Rubix has the honor of making a playlist for a rave

MrRubix
10-5-2008, 10:20 PM
So, later on this week, there's going to be a rave on campus, and I am the one in charge of making the playlist. I've been aggregating music for a while now, but if anyone here has any experience raving or knows what makes for good dance music, let me know what some of your favorites are -- thanks :D

[TeRa]
10-5-2008, 10:24 PM
We already know you'll be playing tranzport.
Get some t+pazolite on in there.

NFD
10-5-2008, 10:25 PM
Cut Copy.
Prezioso.

Superfreak04
10-5-2008, 10:26 PM
ANything from DJ SHarpnel is great for raving. I've been to them. I've heard his music many times at raves.

smartdude1212
10-5-2008, 10:27 PM
ask the members on HTS they probably know you more

s0ulst0n3
10-5-2008, 10:28 PM
ask the members on HTS they probably know you more

QFE

One Winged Angel
10-5-2008, 10:28 PM
ahahahahahahaha

Superfreak04
10-5-2008, 10:29 PM
I've never been to a rave.

I'm afraid to find out what goes on.

DOn't be afraid, just don't leave your drinks any were. I've seen to many girls get screwed over because some a$$ holes go and spike there drinks. >.<

OrganisM
10-5-2008, 10:30 PM
What is Love.

Relambrien
10-5-2008, 10:41 PM
I imagine Sandstorm would be a staple, like at everywhere ever.

Also, play Basshunter. I dare you.

tsugomaru
10-5-2008, 10:42 PM
Basshunter may not be as far fetched as you think it is. It isn't really much of a dare.

~Tsugomaru

who_cares973
10-5-2008, 10:46 PM
play some headhunterz oo0o0o0o

Gibson63
10-5-2008, 10:51 PM
Dj Tiesto

UberMario
10-5-2008, 10:55 PM
I thought you were asian, rubix.

Demidetirus
10-5-2008, 11:03 PM
Try this (http://www.nightmarish-dream.ru/sh4/music/ost/disc_2/12_D_Kamimu.mp3).

..Trust me, you'll still have all your friends afterwards. Honest.

In fact, you could just play the last 30 seconds. Really.

-KIDTHONG-
10-5-2008, 11:05 PM
I've never been to a rave.

I'm afraid to find out what goes on.

same

MrRubix
10-5-2008, 11:05 PM
No I'm totally white, haha

EDIT: Dude there's nothing wrong with Basshunter

Superfreak04
10-5-2008, 11:06 PM
Play any shuffling music as well, or jump style. Just look up melbourne shuffle in youtube, and click on some vids, and try to get some tracks. That's what most ravers are there for, shuffling.

MrMagic5239
10-5-2008, 11:15 PM
Basshunter, Paul Oakenfield, Benny Benassi, Darude

Those are all good rave artists

Gundam-Dude
10-5-2008, 11:15 PM
']Get some t+pazolite on in there.

Nothing like listening to gabber while raving.

Necropotence and Kanon-Kanon amirite

Superfreak04
10-5-2008, 11:16 PM
Indeed you are right. :)

x After Dawn x
10-5-2008, 11:30 PM
Try some of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk_aTuN07m8
If you're interested, I'll send you the mp3.

HK_pjpaveloffga
10-5-2008, 11:51 PM
ah i live by LA and I go to a bunch of raves so I can help you out. Well first of all, good raves(at least in LA) don't really play standard techno. The best thing for raves is DnB. Although Pendulum is super mainstream now, it is very popular at raves so i suggest putting a few of their songs in.
A list of good/popular rave DnB artists
1. Pendulum
2.diesel boy
3.Krafty kuts
4.The freestylers
5.Evol intent
6.DJ hype
7.Spor
8.BOYS NOIZE
9.Classixx
10.DJ hazard
11.Basshunter(I don't personally like him but he's popular with teh ladies)
12.Benny benassi

Hope this helps :)

Tokzic
10-5-2008, 11:57 PM
i'm kind of curious about raves

i mean if someone offered to take me to one i'd go but until then i don't care enough to find out

MrRubix
10-5-2008, 11:58 PM
ah i live by LA and I go to a bunch of raves so I can help you out. Well first of all, good raves(at least in LA) don't really play standard techno. The best thing for raves is DnB. Although Pendulum is super mainstream now, it is very popular at raves so i suggest putting a few of their songs in.
A list of good/popular rave DnB artists
1. Pendulum
2.diesel boy
3.Krafty kuts
4.The freestylers
5.Evol intent
6.DJ hype
7.Spor
8.BOYS NOIZE
9.Classixx
10.DJ hazard
11.Basshunter(I don't personally like him but he's popular with teh ladies)
12.Benny benassi

Hope this helps :)

Any specific songs by these guys you can think of off the top of your head?

HK_pjpaveloffga
10-6-2008, 12:07 AM
yes.(songs are separated by commas)
Russian privjet, bass creator, DotA-Basshunter
granite, tarantula, fasten your seatbelts, hold your color- pendulum
stompbox(spor remix)-qemists
I love my sex, satisfaction- Benny benassi
machete,superdrunk- dj hazard
Funky A*s beats-krafty kuts
more like you- kryptic minds &leon switch
Midnight express, the descent-diesel boy(I reaaally recommend midnight express its one of my favorites to this day)
weird science- danny byrd
Starts with 1(remix)-classixx
you must think first- dj hype
Hooked- dom and gridlock
Adrenaline [DJ andRoid Mix]-DJ chaos
ready or not- dj hype
cold act ill- classixx
Exhale- dj fresh
Galloping teletubbies-Twisted individual
Wobble-Aphrodite
i'll update it once i get my ipod but this is good for starters

MrRubix
10-6-2008, 12:13 AM
:D That would be amazing, thank you

I'll check those songs out

STD_Sappy
10-6-2008, 12:15 AM
DJ Sharpnel.

Starshot
10-6-2008, 12:15 AM
Wait, wait, wait....

A rave?... With... a playlist?

DOES NOT COMPUTE
DOES NOT COMPUTE

HK_pjpaveloffga
10-6-2008, 12:17 AM
Wait, wait, wait....

DOES NOT COMPUTE
DOES NOT COMPUTE

they probably cant get every artist so they are getting good songs and having one dj play them

MrRubix
10-6-2008, 12:19 AM
It's not anything hardcore, lol, it's a college dance thing.

It's even more ghetto than that -- it's basically going to be a bunch of songs hooked together on a playlist and then just hammered all the way through. We're currently trying to amass a bunch of lighting equipment.

Zageron
10-6-2008, 12:27 AM
Make sure you RickRoll everyone near the beginning. :3

MrRubix
10-6-2008, 12:28 AM
LMAO I was actually thinking about fitting in a rickroll somewhere... but I don't want a whole bunch of people running after me, threatening to glowstick me to death or some ****

HK_pjpaveloffga
10-6-2008, 12:37 AM
alright i updated a bit more. the ones in red are songs i hear at almost every rave i go.

Grandiagod
10-6-2008, 12:39 AM
Wait, wait, wait....

DOES NOT COMPUTE
DOES NOT COMPUTE

This

MrMagic5239
10-6-2008, 12:47 AM
LMAO I was actually thinking about fitting in a rickroll somewhere... but I don't want a whole bunch of people running after me, threatening to glowstick me to death or some ****

Siggied

trumaestro
10-6-2008, 12:49 AM
Uber Rave

tangomango
10-6-2008, 12:51 AM
CIA Rave.

sarahxjane
10-6-2008, 12:54 AM
Get some hardstyle in there.

Preferably, DJ Skinhead or Angerfist.

Myattboy
10-6-2008, 12:59 AM
They couldn't handle any Angerfist lol.

sarevok9
10-6-2008, 12:59 AM
You can't have a rave without 'time to burn' or 'its time to burn' by storm

Also 'sound of the atom splitting' (if you get the 6:45 min:sec version hotcue it to about 1:30/1:45 in, the first min or so is pretty downtempo for a rave.)

Good luck

smartdude1212
10-6-2008, 01:00 AM
Infected Mushrooms for no reason

MrRubix
10-6-2008, 01:10 AM
I've got Time To Burn already on the list :P It's a 3:58 version

NFD
10-6-2008, 01:11 AM
My boyfriend suggested Tune Up! A song called Raver's Fantasy, I don't know. Sounded pretty gay IMO.

MrRubix
10-6-2008, 01:14 AM
I actually don't care too much for Raver's Fantasy -- don't shoot me

ursername
10-6-2008, 01:39 AM
Well if it isn't the master of the double setup.

Chaosvermin
10-6-2008, 01:53 AM
Dj Korsakoff,
You can't have a rave without some Power Rave!

Edit: And you cant go wrong with a hot female DJ :*P

x After Dawn x
10-6-2008, 01:55 AM
Well if it isn't the master of the double setup.

Don't be a douche.

HK_pjpaveloffga
10-6-2008, 02:48 AM
whats the list have so far?

TC_llama499
10-6-2008, 03:15 AM
when i go i hear
Superstar DJ by Dark Oscillators
Scantraxx Rootz by Headhunterz
Smack My Derb by Alpha twins

operationstrawbarry
10-6-2008, 04:55 AM

Ummm... skinhead and angerfist are Gabba/terrorcore. Actually Angerfist is Doomcore which is an even dark brother of Terrorcore. Skinhead is just Terrorcore, but some of his good stuff are just normal gabba/hardcore. They are no where near Hardstyle.

I got about 400 cds of techno(From Ambiant to House, From garage to psytrance/Goa Techno and from hardhouse to Gabba/Terrorcore) Dont worry, these genras oppose each other in their charecteristics. Its all I ****ing listen to because everything makes me fall asleep or I get so borad that I was to beat the crap out of someone just to avoid killing myself. You could say after listening to Techno for about 14 years and studying it, Im kinda the right person to ask too... Thats just my opinion though

What kind of rave are you doing? Any perticular theme? Ill suggest some good genra. Here we go.

Hardstyle- Actually, Hardstyle isn't much for raveing as you would think. Theres way to much silence and downtime to be honest and its really not that fast nor constant, but still would make some good heart pounding listening tracks or jumping. I always recommend hardstyle though. Love it.

Technoboy, Dj Zany, Pavo, Blutonium Boy, Dj Session One, Dj Scott Project (Most of their songs are hardstyle, but they aren't considered hardstyle in the techno industry. Strange), Cosmic Gate, Luna, Citizen, Donkey Rollers (Love their music), le Brisc, Dj Virus, Dj Tom-X, The Beholder, Hardstyle Masterz, Tommy Pulse, Thomas Trouble(The Real Hardcore = Good song), Hunter (Combination of rave and hardstyle. I recommend him. Search The Hammer)

Hardhouse- I think this would be really good its extremely rave matarial. If you are doing actually raving though, I would recommend this genra more since its fast and constant other than the middle part being silent and climaxing. Ive listened to this style of techno the most out of all the styles.

Paul Glazby, Andy Farley, Lisa Lashes, Klubbheads, Bk, Organ donors (they are more charecterized as hardstyle, but they are half half.), Defective audio, Dark By design, OD404, Paul Maddox, Lisa Pin-Up, Anne Savage, Tidy Boys, Andy Whitby, Rachel Auburn, Ben Stevens, Justin Bourne, Superfast Oz, Nick Sentience, Stu Allan, Mauro Picotto (I looked this up. I guess he's hardhouse, but hes classified as hardhouse. Although its understandable since the remixes of his songs are the ones that are more famous and are classified as hardhouse. Hes mainly trance originally though. His Original Mix songs are for that matter.) Tom Harding, Phil Reynolds, Lee Haslam, Guyver

Gabba is pretty good, but it depends on you're crowd though. Most people consider gabba/terrorcore to be just noise and annoying though. One thing Id like to share with you guys though that I dont think a lot of people know. There are two kinds of Gabba: Nustyle Gabba and Oldskool Gabba. Nustyle Gabba is Terrocore basically. Its oldskool gabba slowed down because some djs perferred slower music, but incorperated darker and harder base to compensate for the slowing of speed. Old Skool Gabba is actually pretty awsome. Think of it as Rave and Techstep/Breakbeat/Big Beat combined. Its faster, usually never going faster than 180BPM (may need to research that, but Im sure, and the rythms sound more like anthems, but are usually pretty fast and very slurred like with staccotos. Dont confuse this with Terrorcore though. Terrorcore's rythms are mainly all staccatos and imitate trance in mainy ways. The best way to explain Terrorcore to a newb really is that its really a march-like song. Although, this march is more like a massive chaos of cacophony, sound and noise and movement that makes you want to beat the living **** out of everyone that you see and sticking a broom stick up someone's ass. I can't speak kindly about the description that I used because in honest truth, you really do wanna beat the living **** out of everyone you see and stick broomsticks up people's asses. Its pretty fun really. I actually went to a Neophyte rave in Amsterdam like 2 years ago. Its insane and crazy. Ya, but a little note. Example of Oldskool Gabba is some of Lenny Dee and Rob Gees works or that perticular style.

Special Case - (Dj Promo) AKA Sebastian Hoff. My ****ing Idol. Hes the reason why I love Gabba so much. Love his ****. His collabs with Catscan are epic although they need a certain kind of ear to enjoy. Promo's new stuff is mainly Terrorcore, but not his old stuff. Ive been listening to this cat for about 5 years following his carrer and his music. To tell you the truth, his gabba although epic, needs a perticular ear to tolerate and Ive noticed around a year ago, that Promo's terrocore/Gabba is much different in texture and sounds than the mainstream artists. The bass is extremely distorted and a higher octave than most gabba bass. He mainly uses the scratching sound as his main rythms and sounds. For his old Skool gabba songs, his rythms are very fast with slurrs and he mainly uses the same kind of sound for most of his tracks for some reason. The bass if higher octave than usual, almost earsplitting to be honest while mainstream believes, deeper is better. One thing however, catscan and Dj Promo are the only djs that I know of that recycles their sounds. They never really attempt to find another sound. They just use the same sound from track to track. Listen Promo's old tracks and his terrorcores and listen for any similarities in his music.

Oldsckool Hardcore
Hardcore Power (with Dj Delirium)
Let the Bass Boom
Kill Tha Noise
Phreak Ya Sperka
Eastcoast Killer
Speakermurder
Boomin Out the Box
Cold As Stone

Nustyle Gabba- Recommended songs I Hear Ya Comin',
We Got to Advance (Just pure awsome. this is what hes about now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd9W9zrK3dY&feature=related),
What the ****?
Hurricane Brain
Day of Anger

A very good example of what a Catscan and Dj Promo's collabs sounds like is Endymion's song of The core known as Endyminon (Catscan and Dj Promo Remix)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J140whfIkrY. This song is just pure awsome.
Midnight Impact
Battle of the Sexes.

There was a time that I lost complete track of promo and his stuff. So the only ones that I have heard that these two collabed on really is these three, but they are all great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83ZtywjQDEY&feature=related = Dj Promo At Qlimax. Btw... Its funny how I recongized the tracks that Dj Promo played in that 3-4 mins... All classic Gabba.

Neophyte, Paul Elstak, Omar Santana, Catscan, Delta 9, Angerfist, Scott Brown, Outblast, Lady Dana, Masters of Ceremony, Hard Creation, Dj Mad Dog, The Viper, The Stunned Guys, Endymion, Nosferatu, Korsakoff, Lenny Dee, Rob Gee, Dj Buzz Fuzz, Art of Fighters, The Prophet, Dj Panic, 3 steps ahead (classic man) Evil Activities etc...

Search Thunderdome. Thats the mega Hardcore/gabba Saga festivel that they have in Europe. I think they are on their 30-40th album to LOL. Thunderdome is to Gabba/terrocore as in Ibiza is to Trance and the abundance of club remixes trance songs that are made longer which are already to long already. HAHA that actually made sense in my head.

Happy Hardcore - This is The music for ravers. Im a fan of the darker form of this music style. Im only mentioning the djs I like. Not a fan of the others but I can mention them to. Ehhh hell with it... Ill mention as much of the mainstream happy hardcore djs as I can. Although I have to say, the lesser known ones put out some reall good ****, better than the extremely predominent djs in the industry.

Styles, Force, Stormtrooper, AC Slater, Kevin Energy, Sy and Unknown (I dont believe I have ever heard of these two ever being apart from each other. They are always together which is why I combined them), Euphoria, Scott Brown, Architek(think thats how you spell it), Ham, Dj Seduction, Bananaman, Dj Dougel, Sharkey, Dj Breeze, Interstate, Billy "Daniel" Bunter, The Acolyte, CLSM, Weaver, Hardcore Masif, V.A.G.A.B.O.N.D, Bang!, of course, who can forget ****ing Dj Sharpnel LOL etc...

Happy Hardcore wise, this is pretty important. There are certain djs that have a history of working together. The funny part is, by themselves, they dont really make great tracks, but together, even their trance songs Ill listen to. To those who know me well, I hate trance. Here is the list from wikipedia that I think is important. Good Happy hardcore techno trance wise comes from these combinations.

Brisk & Ham
Sy & Unknown
Force & Styles / Force & The Evolution
Styles & Breeze
Hixxy & Re-con
Dougal & Gammer
DJ Ravine & DJ Cotts

DNB/Jungle- I have recently refound limewire again and have been going through limewire downloading crap for 3 straight days. Drum and Bass/ Jungle is totally rave matarial. Jungle is much awsome though. The difference- Jungle DNB is much more harsher with weird time signatures and has a lot of bass and snares. Kind like breakbeat and DNB put together. If you want to blow you're speakers out, get some jungle. Trust me.

Jungle DNB- Demo, Limewax (I seriously recoomend this dj. Hes ****ing insane. Songs- Screamwar, The Attack, Terroize VIP are some that Im deeply in love with), Current Value,Technical Itch, Dieselboy, Teebee etc...

Darkstep DNB - Close to Jungle DNB, but less intense. Less drums and more rythms persist. Would be very fun to have in raves to tell you the truth. I know this list backwards and forwards, but I was tired, so I went into wikipedia and copied and paste. I would of mentioned these guys anyways. I actually looked up darkstep. I forgot the subgenra name. Some of these names though, I think belongs in jungle DNB more though.

Black Sun Empire, Calyx, Concord Dawn (I had to look this up. This group is the Trance of DNB and their music is never to intense that they should be in this catagory, I guess I was wrong), Counterstrike, Demo, Dieselboy, Evol Intent, Hive, Ink, Infiltrata, Limewax, Loxy, Noisia,The Panacea, Ram Trilogy, Spor, Technical Itch.

DNB in general in mainstream- Probably the best way to explain normal DNB is that its not like jungle in the way that it doesn't sound like total chaos. Dnb in general is more organized and more coharent where it seems that its following a path and its basically just taking you there the whole way. I included techstep in here to considering there isn't a lot of differnece between mainstream DNB and techstep in my opinion.

Decoder, Counterstrike, Cause 4 Concern, Dillinja, Ed Rush and Optical, Bad Company, Andy C, Adam F, Generation Dub, Grooverider, Gridlock, Future Cut, Dj Hype, Hive, Klute Kosheen, Kaos, Pendulum, Raiden, Total Science, Dj Friction, Evil Intent, Resonant Evil, Drumsound and Simon Bassline Smith, Dylan, Loxy, Chase and Stratus, Calyx, Black Sun Empire, Break, Breakage, Moving Fusion etc...

Jazz DNB and intelligent DNB- This would be good to relax the party if you have some real intense techno. Put it in the middle or something. These songs are pretty relaxing in a DNB way. Think of Intelligent DNB as the House and Lounge music of DNB. Pretty good music to.

High Contrast, Xample, XRS, London Elektricity, Subfocus, Roni Size, Raprazent, Ram, Trilogy, Kosheen, J Majik, Fabio, Calibre, Cyantific, Clever, Intense, Photek, Omni Trio, Blame, The Funky Technicians, DB, Stakka, Pieter K, Deep Blue, Dun, Dj Dara (Some of his music are, but I would put him as techstep), Dj Abstract, Amit, Controlled Substance, Blue MAr Ten, etc..

Jump Up DNB/Raggae Step - These kind of dnb is to get the crowd going and to start the party. Usually energetic and the rythms are very paramount in this style, but usually its a low sounding frequency or a very high one that will get you're attention. And the rythm should get you're attention to. Thats the point of this style. In my experience though of listenening to DNB compliation, the first couple of songs are usually this catagory of DNB. These are considered the rave of DNB in general. Prolific rythms and beats that make these songs anthems of DNB in my opinion. Most of very simple rythms, but are repeated continuously throughout the entire song with the only difference being the drums. Unfortunatly, this makes this genra extremely repetitive and very annoying. Raggaestep is basically the same thing, but its with an MC, and vocals sound Carribian, Jamaican. However, I must mention that a lot of songs have MC's that sing almost random crap. Words are very incoharent and very fast. The MC on stage is usually jumping up and down and screaming on the top of his lungs into the mic. Its almost like a rap battle. This isn't a perticular thing only for raggae step. That is not to be confused. Still awsome though.

Dj Hazard, Dj Hype, Taxman, Clipz, Generation Dub, Rebel Mc, Shy FX

HAHA Goa Trance/Techno/psytrance- Best way to describe this is space and scifi music. A lot of this is rave music to be honest, but its not rave as in the music is repetitive. Its really not repetitive and its pretty awsome to listen to. Good music to listen to when you are high.

Paul Oakenfold (Pretty much most of his music is this genra despite what a lot of people think), Juno Reactor, Infected Mushroom, Astral Projection, Doof, Voodoo People, Hallucinogen, The infinity Project, Alien Project, etc... Im missing some of the biggest artists in this group, but can't think of them right now.

Big Beatz- Fatboy Slim - Rockafella Skank or Fatboy Slim And Wild Child - Renegade Master. Nuff said.

Fatboy Slim, Cystal Method, Prodigy, Cirrus, Chemical Brothers, Fluke, Propellorheads, The Freestylers (I know, I just learned about this recently.), Junkie XL (House and Big Beat put together = Beautiful.), Groove armada, Wildchild.

I wont mention house music since Im sure you dont want music that are that slow, although this is another great genra and my favorite as well... If you are interested however, I can give ya my list of the ones that I think are great to listen to.

Off the top of my head, this is what I would recommend... ummmm it would be nice if you gave us specifics on what kind of music you would like assuming you know the genra that you perfer... If you need more explainations, just give me a holla on this thread or on my wall. Ill help ya anyways I can. Also, Im restocking my music using limewire so if you need help grabbing the songs I can lend a hand. So ya, you need help Rubix or anyone for that matter, dont be afraid to ask. Im happy to help.

BTW, My major interest in Techno is DNB right now. As you can see LOL. I can and probably will be adding more to this list through request. I should write a thread about this and hope it gets stickied LOL

Gibson63
10-6-2008, 05:15 AM
nice....im impressed operation.

funmonkey54
10-6-2008, 06:22 AM
~EnV~ Heaven Rd. 3

NFD
10-6-2008, 06:25 AM
I actually don't care too much for Raver's Fantasy -- don't shoot me

Neither did I. It was just...repetitive.

sarevok9
10-6-2008, 06:56 AM
Lets see my last rave playlist was SOMETHING like this:

Darude: Feel the beat / flow
Prodigy: climbatize (I up'd the Bpm a little so it was more dancy, rather than deep trance and used it primarily as a sample)
Unknown artist: (this is the) sound of the atom splitting (maybe trance all-stars?)
Nick Skitz remix of Eifel 65's blue. (sampled)
hard knock life (sample only, mostly for backspins.)
Nine inch nails- perfect drug, plug remix (breakbeat portion only)
Dj lasgo / encore (various tracks from each. surrunder / i see thru to you were both used near the beginning)
Hardcore vibes (primarily as a sample)
Bittersweet symphony (happy hardcore remix)
Somethine by innerpartysystem (most likely transmission)
Shiny toy guns- (don't cry out) (opening loop used as a fade from bittersweet symphony, uptempo'd slightly)

I'll post a full track list once I find the file, I broadcast weekly to an independent text based online game. My show is 1 hour long and has about 4000-6000 listeners any given week, so I'd like to assume I'm FAIRLY popular =P.

If I can't find the old one, I'll just cook up a new one in 2 days for my show. Everything is non-stop mixed, though sometimes I use a drum loop fade so I can talk over it. My playlists tend to be light DnB, happy hardcore, and uptempo pop-techno. Every few weeks I'll spin some deep trance which is mostly down-tempo, lots of tiesto, van dyk, van dahl (yes they all have slow songs, buy the cd's!).

Anyways, hope it helped.

travman301
10-6-2008, 07:03 AM
Dune- Hardcore Vibes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA9OwC7bxI4

DJ Fritzy- Kick the rain when it begins to fall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaOuqqyhEVM

sarevok9
10-6-2008, 07:57 AM
Dune- Hardcore Vibes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA9OwC7bxI4

DJ Fritzy- Kick the rain when it begins to fall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaOuqqyhEVM

If you enjoy those check out

Julia- The bridge (S.O.D. remix)

and / or

Gigi diagostino- Fly

and/or

scooter- fire

DossarLX ODI
10-6-2008, 08:08 AM
Uber Rave, runnymorning sgx mix, Tell Me a Story, Party4u etc

phe0nixblade
10-6-2008, 08:13 AM
so i know this pretty rave girl

bluguerrilla
10-6-2008, 08:30 AM
Otto von Schirach (http://www.myspace.com/ottovonschirach) - Dance like a Hoe, Magnet Rave Headache, Satanic Unicorn Orgy, the list goes on and on...

Heartseeker7
10-6-2008, 08:34 AM
VNV nation (testament, saviour, paint it black)
MSTRKRFT (neon nights, paris)
INFECTED MUSHROOM (ANYTHING) =]

my cousin hosted a couple of raves downtown here and these songs worked wonders.

Magewout
10-6-2008, 09:06 AM
Make sure to play classics as well. Robin S - Show me love, Calabria - Drunkenmunkey, Traffic by Tiesto. Also, anything Armin van Buuren makes, Cafe Del Mar (Energy 52) etc.
As for Infected Mushroom: play Becoming Insane.

Also: Forever by Milk Inc.

EDIT: forgot Darude - Sandstorm as a classic, and then Lasgo's newest track Out Of My Mind. A track being played a lot in disco's in Belgium atm is David Latour - One Day.

bluguerrilla
10-6-2008, 09:12 AM
Oh also, this mix is awesome: http://www.cockrockdisco.com/CRD2/albumpages/Crockp3-010.html

But it's more of a kind of weird dance mix... Regardless, it's awesome.

kjwkjw
10-6-2008, 09:27 AM
You should check out some ZeRo-BaSs songs and see if you like any.
http://zero-bass.newgrounds.com/

Heaven's Rave, I'm A Raver, Atomic Trigger 3 (maybe skip the beginning)

giganutsauce
10-6-2008, 09:28 AM

only good post I've seen in this thread imho

It all depends on what kind of rave you want to throw. If you want to do a lighter rave, then Armin Van Buuren's What If is a good song to get started with. Just look for similar tracks. Tiesto's way too overplayed.

Looking for harder stuff? Alles Kapot by Neophyte is always a good track. I also make some dumpy hardstyle **** hahaha I could hook you up with a generic track (hey, I need to get my name out there hehe)

jesushaxyou
10-6-2008, 09:59 AM
just stream some di.fm

H3llacious
10-6-2008, 09:59 AM
Dj Caffeine?

who_cares973
10-6-2008, 10:04 AM
mrjakk

i forgot i have an hour long song by him that would be good

Magewout
10-6-2008, 10:59 AM
Tiesto's way too overplayed.

Who cares if something's overplayed, as long as you have fun at the actual rave noone's going to complain. It's not like people will stop dancing and start shouting 'hey this track sucks because it's overplayed and we enjoy it less now'.

MrRubix
10-6-2008, 12:45 PM
Wow thanks for the detailed suggestions, guys. I've got a lot of music choices to sift through now O.O

BTW I see nothing wrong with a little Tiesto. Sometimes a little mainstream can be a good thing. People like dancing to things they recognize, you know? It's one of the reasons I've considered throwing Sandstorm in there. It's like the most popular techno song (in the sense that EVERYONE knows it). Even though I'd really rather add a bunch of newer stuff into the mix. The rave's going to be 2.5-3 hours long, anyway, so there is plenty of time.

dore
10-6-2008, 12:57 PM
Infected Mushroom for some psytrance - I'd suggest Becoming Insane or Viscious Delicious from their new album or anything off of The Gathering. I've never heard of anyone who doesn't get pumped up with IM stuff.

Combichrist is good for some abrasive industro-trance. Blut Royale sticks out as the most energetic but I think a crowd would even go for something like Happy Fcuking Birthday or God Bless.

Wineandbread
10-6-2008, 01:57 PM
I think you should loop excite bike over and over and over...
Lolo would be fine too

sarahxjane
10-6-2008, 05:23 PM
I hope that this event is going to be recorded.
I'd love to hear what you do use.

Relambrien
10-6-2008, 05:25 PM
EDIT: Dude there's nothing wrong with Basshunter

I know, I really like Basshunter. But typical people hear something that's not English and go "wtf this sucks."

Or maybe it's just my area.

Magewout
10-7-2008, 06:49 AM
I know, I really like Basshunter. But typical people hear something that's not English and go "wtf this sucks."

Or maybe it's just my area.
Then use the English versions :p All I Ever Wanted and Now You're Gone.

fido123
10-7-2008, 07:01 AM
Then use the English versions :p All I Ever Wanted and Now You're Gone.

I heard the English version of Botten Anna and cried myself to sleep...seriously. Half of BassHunter's tracks are pretty much ripped off from other artists but if you want some good tracks for a rave I suggest:

Brennen Heart - Get Wasted
PaXi - FiXi (Deepforces Mix)
Venetian Snares - Huskim Rave Dojo **I don't like this song but I would find it ****ing hilarious at a rave.
ASYS - Sound Expander
Armin Van Buurin - Communications (Part 3)
R.I.O. - R.I.O. (Manox Radio Edit)
Rhythm and Drums - Tune Up! **I heard you don't like Tune Up! but this song is fairly different than the rest of DJ Manian's work.

If you need any of these songs I don't mind transferring them though a messenger. I have ****tones of music and have many more suggestions.

TWGxFido - I'm always on due to all my friend being clinically addicted to WoW so when we "hang out" we're still on our computers =/

Artic_counter
10-7-2008, 07:08 AM
My favorite rave music (hardstyle) :

Paxi Fixi
coulours of the harderstyles
Superstar DJ
What
Scantraxx Roots
D-Tuned

Hardstyle 4 life xD
Does anyone here is shuffling ?

windsurfer-sp
10-7-2008, 07:59 AM
Bee Gees.

Calcium Deposit
10-7-2008, 08:10 AM
Some classics everyone should recognize, even if they are high on E:
The Crystal method
Busy Child, Keep Hope Alive, Name of the Game.

Prodigy
Firestarter, Smack My Bitch Up, Breathe, Narayan.

Heartseeker7
10-7-2008, 11:19 AM
Infected Mushroom for some psytrance - I'd suggest anything off of The Gathering. I've never heard of anyone who doesn't get pumped up with IM stuff.

My favourite C.D
+1 love for DORE.

More suggestions:
anything by Vibe Tribe
Just The Tip (Joey Seminara and Danny Nagels)

be right back, looking for more.

jesushaxyou
10-7-2008, 12:31 PM
If you ask me, Tiesto is WAY overrated. Sure he has a few good tracks, but he's not nearly the best.

GG_Guru
10-7-2008, 02:08 PM
+1

Kekeb
10-7-2008, 02:26 PM
DJ Dean? I'm not much of a rave person.

EDIT: Also do some lurking on newgrounds, a lot of good rave/trance artists.

MrRubix
10-8-2008, 01:32 PM
I managed to get a hold of some light/fog equipment for added rave bonus :D

List is almost done... it's going to be such an awesome night. If anyone's in the Philly area, you're more than welcome to drop by (although it may be for students only, but I'd have to doublecheck that).

Heartseeker7
10-8-2008, 01:48 PM
You best be getting some video footage.
I am really looking towards seeing this.
And have fun!

travman301
10-8-2008, 01:51 PM
You gonna post your playlist here Rubix?

MrRubix
10-8-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm still tweaking it -- apparently we can try to stretch this badboy out past midnight so I am going to be adding more stuff.

I like it
10-8-2008, 03:19 PM
My boyfriend suggested Tune Up! A song called Raver's Fantasy, I don't know. Sounded pretty gay IMO.

WTF Gay?

Coolboyrulez0
10-8-2008, 03:38 PM
Can't wait to see the completed playlist, rubix.
Also like someone said, try to get some video footage.

travman301
10-8-2008, 03:49 PM

WTF Gay?

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/travman301/untitled-3.jpg

Grandiagod
10-8-2008, 03:59 PM
Gay people don't exist

hi19hi19
10-9-2008, 06:01 PM
so i heard that She Bangs by ricky martin is a pretty good rave song

4srs

bacalaoboy
10-9-2008, 06:08 PM
How 'bout some Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix) by New Order, you'll find yourself wearing a baseball glove because it's catchy.

revolutionomega
10-9-2008, 06:24 PM
Artists: Phynn, Scooter, Gigi DiAgostino (sp?), Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren, Vengaboys,
...... oh...... YOJI BIOMEHANIKA. (that song samurai is insane)

I'd say anything trance, trancecore, jumpstyle (maybe), hardbass, house or elcetronic :)

virus003
10-9-2008, 06:30 PM
DJ Sharpnel, use like, Takecore of yourself and such. That song is epic.
PS knuckles2224 lives in Philly, so he can attend possibly. :D

ddr_f4n
10-9-2008, 06:34 PM
dbu music. t+pazolite.

And maybe IOSYS if you think they can handle it.

See if you can fit any of those in there.

Verruckter
10-9-2008, 06:45 PM
The fact that you ask here what songs would be good for a rave only proves that you are not the best person to take care of this task.

NFD
10-9-2008, 06:47 PM
Also the rave was last night guys, but good job.

STD_Sappy
10-9-2008, 06:48 PM
Oh, Country music at a rave. Yes.

revolutionomega
10-9-2008, 07:41 PM
dbu music would be terrible for a rave IMO.

infinity.
10-9-2008, 08:18 PM

WTF Gay?

is there something wrong with gays, 'i like it'

nice straight username you got there bud