Old 01-15-2007, 11:37 AM   #11001
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

Default Re: MapleStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by magister_negi_magi View Post
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/shin_hayato/Maple0001.jpg

I almost always train alone. I avoid people like the plague. The only people I ever party with are a spearman and a soon-to-be bandit, so I don't see many other sins fight. I ran into a level 31 sin today and didn't feel like changing channels, so I just kept grinding. I noticed that although she was two levels lower than me, she had a constant 375~425 damage going with Lucky Sevens. I only do 200~350 WITH Critical Throw. Why was she so much stronger than me/I weaker than her? Is it our stars? Do the more expensive ones make that much of a difference? She was throwing Tobis, I think. Is my build off or something? I just don't understand why there was such a HUGE gap, because I thought I was doing things correctly for the most part. Oh, she was completely pimped out with NX, if that has anything to do with it.

tl;dr i think im fuxxed, help pl0x

P.S. That stupid free haircut quest RUINED my 'do. I think I'll have to wear this Bamboo Hat forever.

First off, your build is TOTALLY ****ed. You should have 4 STR and 4 INT when you make your char, giving your character the extra points you have in INT and STR into LUK/DEX which makes a big difference. And I'm also not 100% sure but I do have a Sin and I don't think I had that much Dex as you do at level 33..
Old 01-15-2007, 11:42 AM   #11002
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkis View Post
I think you mean baddaboom baddabing.
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

Also, no bids overnight, but what can you expect? Overnight is overnight. I expect them to go up at least 50,000 today, then 100-200K the final day(I'm talking about each, not total).

Also, if you don't even realize your build isn't at a good point, just continue. Either do 33 levels or 2 levels. I'm STILL having trouble deciding whether to continue my 29 mage as normal int or restart as pure, but I'm looking to continue as normal. I'm not doing some 50/50 crap. I'm either going all the way one end or the other. I know it isn't the "smartest" thing to do, but I see it as a very valid way to make a character.

Last edited by ToshX; 01-15-2007 at 11:46 AM..
Old 01-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #11003
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

@Jay:
In all seriousness not anytime soon, finals are this week and I've got a poop load of review sheets to do/study. And I basically need to learn spanish in the next day. So uh, yeah.

@negi:
Shouldn't you have been maxing mastery first then crit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
Old 01-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #11004
gowereinside
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashthestampede0987 View Post
@Jay:
In all seriousness not anytime soon, finals are this week and I've got a poop load of review sheets to do/study. And I basically need to learn spanish in the next day. So uh, yeah.
Just get on real quick because I am on right now...or PM your info so I can transfer it.

~Thanks.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:44 PM   #11005
MagicCarpetRide
Skware One
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MagicCarpetRide

Negi, Your dex is way too high, Should be about level+15 i think....So you should probably have about 48ish and least strength possible(4 or 5)
Old 01-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #11006
TheAznLarry
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TheAznLarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicCarpetRide View Post
Negi, Your dex is way too high, Should be about level+15 i think....So you should probably have about 48ish and least strength possible(4 or 5)
I'm pretty sure it's lvl x 2...considering it takes 50 dex to equip Meba at lvl 25. But I think keeping it at 50 dex is fine. The main problem is the str/int. The sin may also have a good atk wg...my sin is like 34 and hits around 760 per star with crit, 6xx without?
Old 01-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #11007
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashthestampede0987 View Post
@negi:
Shouldn't you have been maxing mastery first then crit?
Never had a sin, eh? Lucky 7 has built-in mastery and isn't affected by javelin mastery. You get a few points in mastery to unlock critical and pump that. Then you get mastery so that other skills that aren't just based on luck (Drain, Avenger later on, etc) don't suck.

But yeah, as for the dex (or any secondary stat for ANY class): Only add to that stat if you need to. If you turn 40 and wanna equip the newest level 40 stuff and it needs 5 more dex, add that much. When you then turn 41 and have no new equipment to add dex for, add luck. It's like this for basically every class. Only add it when you need it, because your secondary stat always blows.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-15-2007, 05:53 PM   #11008
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Craig: wow
Craig: younglink hacked me via exploit
Craig: he didnt even have my ID
banditcom: wow.....
banditcom: i was wondering why you were at 0 exp
Craig: he used SP too
banditcom: .........
Craig: so i guess i quit
banditcom: man........
Craig: i doubt gm will do anything
banditcom: what the **** is wrong with that asshole
Craig: lol
Craig: i guess its an easier way of quitting
banditcom: :-/
banditcom: so basically.. he can take everyones' accounts
Craig: im guessing yes
Craig: no idea how they disconnected me
banditcom: man..
Craig: the disconnect was weird
Craig: my WHOLE of maple closed
Craig: without any error
banditcom: :S
banditcom: meh.. imma take all the **** off my account.. :S
Craig: i would too
banditcom: since i was targeted before

That is Craig who plays Suuushi. There was no information leaked yet he was still exploited. There used to be an old exploit on the site that basically tricked the site into sending info to an email of choice using only ID and birthdate. It was fixed near the end of August. However, there is a new one out. Also xRagingHeart, a level 11x hermit, and Salleem, a level 140 hermit and rank 3 in Khaini were both hacked today with the exploit....

I stripped my account and will stop posting on SW to get out-of-sight out-of-mind. This means I will stop playing as well until this is fixed. I was exploited before and I don't want it to happen again. I will also change my current password and leave it unverified so no one can get in.

And... please email Wizet about locking down 4th job skill points so they can't be used until 4th job comes out.

*sighs*

Here's a SW thread about it: http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/show....php?t=1162411

I upped Keeto and JayZeus to Jr Masters too, along with the current Noah, Chris, and Tiana.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #11009
OniSplitter
FFR Player

I can't decide what to do... The more I think about it the less I want to start up my sin again, but I don't want to lose Oni.... Suggestions.... anyone? >.<

OniSpltter~ 11x priest
xOniSplitter~ 5x sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHWiffeey
This black guy who was like... twice my height gave me a high five... I didn't know they did that. O_o
Old 01-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #11010
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

-.-

This game is totally not worth it.

You've played and played and played. In the end, you get banned or hacked. Not to mention the entire time you're playing, you have to deal with people who use hacks and break the game while you're on it.

gg wizet. gg.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #11011
IAAW
FFR Player

If anyone doesn't know yet, I left the Xqsite guild for my own reasons (*hint* *hint*). I created my own guild, named ILoveWaffles. () Anyways, my cleric is at lvl 43 at the moment, with 60%. I started a new character, which is gonna be a sader. I'm also gonna get a Maple Dragon Axe for it (which, apparrently, is the cheapest Maple item you can buy, even scrolled ones. Well, this was from my experience from looking around Basilmarket. Yeah, i'm assuming things. Sue me).

My warrior is at lvl 10. I'm following a basic build of maxing HP Increase, along with maxing both PS and SB. Once again, sue me, it's a side-project of mine. XD
Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #11012
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW View Post
If anyone doesn't know yet, I left the Xqsite guild for my own reasons (*hint* *hint*). I created my own guild, named ILoveWaffles. () Anyways, my cleric is at lvl 43 at the moment, with 60%. I started a new character, which is gonna be a sader. I'm also gonna get a Maple Dragon Axe for it (which, apparrently, is the cheapest Maple item you can buy, even scrolled ones. Well, this was from my experience from looking around Basilmarket. Yeah, i'm assuming things. Sue me).

My warrior is at lvl 10. I'm following a basic build of maxing HP Increase, along with maxing both PS and SB. Once again, sue me, it's a side-project of mine. XD
How much do it cost and what level is the req again for that?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #11013
ddr_dude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddr_dude Send a message via MSN to ddr_dude Send a message via Yahoo to ddr_dude Send a message via Skype™ to ddr_dude

So apparently this whole hacking acc thing is real? I think it's only going to affect the higher lvls 110+. Granted my acc is in verified mode atm and Im switching over to my sin. Im still not entirely sure how they get your info. Are people that stupid to make their URL for their myspace the same as their log in? I think it's all personal vendettas against one another. It's just a ****ing game people. Get over it. Doesn't look like I'll hit 100 as planned. GG Nexon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
guyz i found hax 2 make ur caracturz lv 405 i cnt make it ne highr cuz stupd gamegaurd blox mi acess past dat u jus dowloa dit here: ww.hax.mapel.org/hax_TROJANMALWARE.EXE

Last edited by ddr_dude; 01-15-2007 at 09:33 PM..
Old 01-15-2007, 09:39 PM   #11014
OniSplitter
FFR Player

I agree, it sounds more like these are personal grudges that people are "taking care of" in the form of hacking people, else I'm sure a lot more people would be out of a character right now... I still don't know, I guess i'm locking my account tonight after I transfer everything. >.<

OniSpltter~ 11x priest
xOniSplitter~ 5x sin

Quote:
This black guy who was like... twice my height gave me a high five... I didn't know they did that. O_o
Old 01-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #11015
ddr_dude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddr_dude Send a message via MSN to ddr_dude Send a message via Yahoo to ddr_dude Send a message via Skype™ to ddr_dude

Yea, I read all the posts on the link that Jason put up. Seems to be more personal stuff than anything. I havent bothered xfering, I just locked it and I'm gonna attempt to lvl the sin I guess. Taking peoples pixles....do people know when to stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
guyz i found hax 2 make ur caracturz lv 405 i cnt make it ne highr cuz stupd gamegaurd blox mi acess past dat u jus dowloa dit here: ww.hax.mapel.org/hax_TROJANMALWARE.EXE
Old 01-15-2007, 09:56 PM   #11016
MagicCarpetRide
Skware One
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MagicCarpetRide

Prepare to drool

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6579/
Old 01-15-2007, 11:21 PM   #11017
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Last time this stuff happened, my pass was changed as well. I doubt if the motive last time was vendettas. They probably just go after easy targets, some of whom happen to have really high level characters.

And it's not stupid to have your account the same as another account on another website. It's just ignorant. Either way, it shouldn't matter, as Nexon shouldn't allow such exploits to be around.

EDIT: The DS has been confirmed for ages... it was announced at a gaming expo a long time ago. The only SORT OF new thing is the ad for it, which likely contains simulated gameplay rather than actual game code running.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:24 PM   #11018
OniSplitter
FFR Player

Oh my... this gets better and better........ It SEEMS that upon restoring my password during this exploit stuff last time.... my SQ2 was changed back to "where were you born" (It used to be "who was your favorite super hero or something) so now I don't know the answer to it.... just perfect isn't it?

OniSpltter~ 11x priest
xOniSplitter~ 5x sin

Quote:
Old 01-15-2007, 11:40 PM   #11019
Nikkis
Banned

Would is be possible to talk on maplestory with a USB headset mic, using google talk or Skype?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #11020
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Ventrilo / TeamSpeak
Closed Thread