Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #381
Senip
Forum User

Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xferrarix View Post
Honestly I've always enjoyed being cut-ish. I'm 6 foot and weigh 180 pounds. I've put on a little weight since college started (lol), but I'm still in pretty good shape. I focus more on cardio than the weights though.

The most I've benched was 170. I think I can make this up by my furthest jog on land (NOT TREADMILL) being 8 miles.
That's pretty good! I used to run cross country, but I never did more than 5 miles at a time. Not being able to bench a lot isnt too bad, it's just you're always gonna get those schmucks who say "HOWMUCHYABENCH?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp View Post
Couldn't have said it better! I get that people like to do their own thing and be different but when it comes to that it's almost degrading to men. I'm not saying every man has to look like a body builder but if you wear pants/jeans tighter than girls and your wrist is the same size as your bicep you're just embarrassing yourself and creating a terrible image for men.
Yeah, I agree. I want to look like a bodybuilder, and I understand that not everybody does, but I also think that you should have at least some healthiness to your looks. If you look anemic/fragile, then go eat a sammich or something...
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #382
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8J6o...ature=youtu.be

Accelerated recovery, nice.

Ain't gonna get you more gains than blasting and cruising though lmao

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2012/a...ch-082912.html

Last edited by Reach; 08-30-2012 at 10:55 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #383
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senip View Post
I feel like you're a growing problem in America: women who want their guys to be easy to beat the **** out of. Skinny jeans etc causing an epidemic in manlessness.
I wear skinny jeans.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #384
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Noooooooooooo
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #385
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

I don't like skinny jeans on men. I do like men to be stronger than me. Soccer players' physiques are nice.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #386
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post
I don't like skinny jeans on men. I do like men to be stronger than me. Soccer players' physiques are nice.
They tend to be more muscular than ScWolf! Stop waffling!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #387
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Soccer players:

Smaller than SCwolf apparently
Old 08-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #388
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Quote:
I don't like skinny jeans on men.
Well it's a good thing I'm not trying to pick you up.

Last edited by SCWolf; 08-31-2012 at 12:44 PM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #389
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Old 08-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #390
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Puhlease, those are soccer players that are built so as to post on the cover of a magazine. Most of them don't look like that. Although you'll note that the guy on the left has not very defined abs or chest and the guy on the right doesn't have very big arms, its almost like the photographer purposefully hid them. I don't think either of them are more buff than scwolf. Maybe I didn't look at the right pics of him.

The personality required to want to work out and look better than someone else, simply in order to pick up, be you a man or woman, is the real turn-off. Vanity is unappealing. Body shape and size is really low on my list of what makes me like a guy.
My comment about skinny jeans was more about the stupidity of the idea that preferring one physique over another means I like one style over another.
I was already aware you didn't want to pick up short, fat, abrasive, old me scwolf, which is fine because I obviously don't want to pick you up.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #391
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
The personality required to want to work out and look better than someone else, simply in order to pick up, be you a man or woman, is the real turn-off. Vanity is unappealing. Body shape and size is really low on my list of what makes me like a guy.
My comment about skinny jeans was more about the stupidity of the idea that preferring one physique over another means I like one style over another.
I was already aware you didn't want to pick up short, fat, abrasive, old me scwolf, which is fine because I obviously don't want to pick you up.
I agree. I can see friends having a competition to try and get stronger than one another but if it gets to the point where you're trying to "look better" than someone that's taking it to another level and really stupid.

On a side note with the whole skinny jeans topic, I just don't think guys should wear them (I'm not gay, nor a homophobe etc.) I have a bunch of friends who are girls and the general consensus is that they look retarded on guys. Just my two cents on the topic.
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #392
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

That doesn't really make sense though. People do plenty of things to improve their appearance and look better than other people and those things are seen as really stupid.

Not caring about your appearance is generally seen as a huge turnoff, actually.

I'm sure you go to the hair dresser and get a hair cut, you put scents on yourself so you smell better, you dress with certain clothes and brands to set an example, you wear jewelry, many women wear makeup and other misc products to improve their appearance, etc.

I don't see why working out to look better is even a big deal. There's a clear distinction between improving one's appearance and being a narcissist.

I workout for myself because I enjoy doing it. I'm already taken so I have no need to pick up. Don't be so quick to judge people that bodybuild as walking vanity zombies.

Last edited by Reach; 08-31-2012 at 03:21 PM..
Old 08-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #393
ssbmchamp
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
That doesn't really make sense though. People do plenty of things to improve their appearance and look better than other people and those things are seen as really stupid.

Not caring about your appearance is generally seen as a huge turnoff, actually.

I'm sure you go to the hair dresser and get a hair cut, you put scents on yourself so you smell better, you dress with certain clothes and brands to set an example, you wear jewelry, many women wear makeup and other misc products to improve their appearance, etc.

I don't see why working out to look better is even a big deal. There's a clear distinction between improving one's appearance and being a narcissist.

I workout for myself because I enjoy doing it. I'm already taken so I have no need to pick up. Don't be so quick to judge people that bodybuild as walking vanity zombies.
Not sure who this is directed at but if it was me here was my interpretation of that previous post I quoted. I agree with what you say about improving one's own physical appearance and that not caring is the biggest turnoff for any guy/girl. I guess I looked deeper into this than was actually intended as in people trying to be all-round better looking, not just strength. If that was the case then people would more or less be competing with each others genetics which would be retarded.(i'm sure there are some really ugly people that have great physique or visa versa) again this is only if the initial argument meant all-round better looking.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #394
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I seriously ****ed up my neck today. I can hardly move my head, and everything I do hurts it. I should probably go get it checked out, but I'll wait a few days first to see if it goes away.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #395
Senip
Forum User

Quote:
Puhlease, those are soccer players that are built so as to post on the cover of a magazine. Most of them don't look like that. Although you'll note that the guy on the left has not very defined abs or chest and the guy on the right doesn't have very big arms, its almost like the photographer purposefully hid them. I don't think either of them are more buff than scwolf. Maybe I didn't look at the right pics of him.

Maybe high school soccer players are.

Are you saying you really just want young skinny guys?
Old 09-1-2012, 08:11 AM   #396
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp View Post
Not sure who this is directed at but if it was me here was my interpretation of that previous post I quoted. I agree with what you say about improving one's own physical appearance and that not caring is the biggest turnoff for any guy/girl. I guess I looked deeper into this than was actually intended as in people trying to be all-round better looking, not just strength. If that was the case then people would more or less be competing with each others genetics which would be retarded.(i'm sure there are some really ugly people that have great physique or visa versa) again this is only if the initial argument meant all-round better looking.
It was directed towards both of you.

It sounded like something that someone that doesn't understand anything about bodybuilding would say, because the same logic makes absolutely no sense in the context of other more mainstream societal trends.

The desire to change or improve one's physical appearance in some way is inherent to everyone in every culture on this planet. Bodybuilding only seems strange to you probably because you've little to no exposure to it.

Last edited by Reach; 09-1-2012 at 08:15 AM..
Old 09-1-2012, 10:46 AM   #397
ssbmchamp
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
It was directed towards both of you.

It sounded like something that someone that doesn't understand anything about bodybuilding would say, because the same logic makes absolutely no sense in the context of other more mainstream societal trends.

The desire to change or improve one's physical appearance in some way is inherent to everyone in every culture on this planet. Bodybuilding only seems strange to you probably because you've little to no exposure to it.
Again I said I just interpreted it a different way. I understand it the way you intended from the start and probably, if not definitely, have more exposure than you since I would put money on it that out of everyone on this site I would easily be top 3 strongest people on this site. If you include benching pound for pound I'm pretty sure I'd be the overall strongest.
Old 09-1-2012, 11:19 AM   #398
Senip
Forum User

Whadaya bench bro?

lol, I hate it when pencil necks ask that hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXZZhvFPhVU

Need to get deadlifting!

Last edited by Senip; 09-1-2012 at 11:24 AM..
Old 09-1-2012, 12:17 PM   #399
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison- View Post
I seriously ****ed up my neck today. I can hardly move my head, and everything I do hurts it. I should probably go get it checked out, but I'll wait a few days first to see if it goes away.
I know that feel. Let it sit for a few days, and try sleeping on your back (if you don't already). Hopefully it's just sore muscles.

Last edited by SCWolf; 09-1-2012 at 12:44 PM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2012, 02:18 PM   #400
Senip
Forum User

Did not make my bwx100 squats today. Was trying something a little different and didnt rack it, just held it and tried to catch my breath, only made it to 55. Ah well, next time...