Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2009, 05:24 AM   #201
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu
Default Re: Xoon 5: The Transition Submissions Open

thnx for the update
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:21 AM   #202
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

bitch
i want
my dick
sucked
Old 10-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #203
operationstrawbarry
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to operationstrawbarry Send a message via MSN to operationstrawbarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post

(OperationStrawbarry) Drugs Ain't Cool
Terrible sync. File is generic and lacks replay value. Didn't like how you layered for the most part. Rejected.
I think I have the sync dealt with. Beginning is a straight bpm with no changes. Still feels bit offsync, but thats only for like 1 measure and then everything gets on sync. IS it just me?

Nothing I can do about the generic file though. Thats just the song and Im just following the sounds. There isn't much I can do about the prefence of laying unless you are complaining about the guitar solo. Would it be better if I just followed the solo?

Busy playing new games such as fallout 3 and rainbow 6 vegas 2 as well as wet and Mana khemia 2 in que, so you guys might not get much from me but this file.

Last edited by operationstrawbarry; 10-24-2009 at 05:44 PM..
operationstrawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #204
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Oh ****.

Got Soul Calibur I - IV OST, expect some files from me this/next weekend
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #205
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.
Talking Re: Xoon 5: The Transition Submissions Open

lol kkrusty still hasn't been judged. I mean I don't care personally. I just don't want you guys to forget.

So far it has one accep and a couple well-idk-about-this-song-choice-but-I'll-see-what-the-others-say comments.

C'mon, one technical scoring file will diversify the pack.

Doo eet!
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 10-24-2009 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: because i can
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:28 AM   #206
dood gone krazee
RATOOOOOOOOO
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dood gone krazee Send a message via MSN to dood gone krazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by operationstrawbarry View Post
I think I have the sync dealt with. Beginning is a straight bpm with no changes. Still feels bit offsync, but thats only for like 1 measure and then everything gets on sync. IS it just me?

Nothing I can do about the generic file though. Thats just the song and Im just following the sounds. There isn't much I can do about the prefence of laying unless you are complaining about the guitar solo. Would it be better if I just followed the solo?

Busy playing new games such as fallout 3 and rainbow 6 vegas 2 as well as wet and Mana khemia 2 in que, so you guys might not get much from me but this file.
Just make another file like your Lumpy one from Xoon 4 since I really liked it :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

"[++] 9/10
Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"
dood gone krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:58 AM   #207
moches
FFR Player

REVIEW TIME

cette anne- hey I played your solo file for this. pretty chill yet cool MA file. those 32nds trills are insane compared to the rest of the file though, tone those down a bit. also some questionable consistency but I think I'm not the best person to judge for that. light accept

fire to the eurobeat- other than the 12ths at the beginning (what did those go to?) I enjoyed this a lot. everything was pretty much spot on and it's a nice challenge for me to AAA. accep

wet sheets, guilty eyes- cool song. I don't much like the patterns but it has replay value, won't deny that. maybe.

road to you- disappointed me. technically decent for the most part but has pretty bad difficulty balance (what are those 5-jacks) and on top of that it never reaches a climax until the very very end. layering all piano as jumps didn't work very well since it forced you into using jacks that broke the flow (just stepping chords as jumps would make much more sense). finally, even with the freezes it feels like an FFR file. sorry

scream aim fire- what are those patterns. long, long trills in the beginning and random random jacks in the guitar part. quit out. I'll take a look at it in the editor and see if it's worth salvaging

turkey wap march- lmfao this file is hilarious. some inconsistencies with triples though. light accept, full accept with fixes.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:43 AM   #208
dood gone krazee
RATOOOOOOOOO
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to dood gone krazee Send a message via MSN to dood gone krazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
review time

cette anne- hey i played your solo file for this. Pretty chill yet cool ma file. Those 32nds trills are insane compared to the rest of the file though, tone those down a bit. Also some questionable consistency but i think i'm not the best person to judge for that. Light accept

fire to the eurobeat- other than the 12ths at the beginning (what did those go to?) i enjoyed this a lot. Everything was pretty much spot on and it's a nice challenge for me to aaa. Accep

wet sheets, guilty eyes- cool song. I don't much like the patterns but it has replay value, won't deny that. Maybe.

Road to you- disappointed me. Technically decent for the most part but has pretty bad difficulty balance (what are those 5-jacks) and on top of that it never reaches a climax until the very very end. Layering all piano as jumps didn't work very well since it forced you into using jacks that broke the flow (just stepping chords as jumps would make much more sense). Finally, even with the freezes it feels like an ffr file. Sorry

scream aim fire- what are those patterns. Long, long trills in the beginning and random random jacks in the guitar part. Quit out. I'll take a look at it in the editor and see if it's worth salvaging

turkey wap march- lmfao this file is hilarious. Some inconsistencies with triples though. Light accept, full accept with fixes.
where is goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Thomas View Post
Dood... you done gone got yourself krazee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsona View Post
I hear back in 12 AD Jesus Himself sent an FGO to Tass and it got a 9 by JX

"[++] 9/10
Very good file but not japanese enough ps hi jesus"
dood gone krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:47 AM   #209
Dr Tran
Banned

how do you tone down the 32nds without making that part seem understepped lol
Dr Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:59 AM   #210
operationstrawbarry
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to operationstrawbarry Send a message via MSN to operationstrawbarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood gone krazee View Post
Just make another file like your Lumpy one from Xoon 4 since I really liked it :<
Finding that song was a total fluke. I got lucky. I think Drugs ain't cool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfxDmU-mXR4) would be a good file if there wasn't so much syncing problems. Still going to try and resubmit it though.

I actually have a ****load of music to step, but my definition of generic is differnt than everyone elses and.... lets just say its turning into a guessing game now.

Last edited by operationstrawbarry; 10-25-2009 at 03:13 AM..
operationstrawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:57 AM   #211
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
how do you tone down the 32nds without making that part seem understepped lol
step it as 24ths
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:12 AM   #212
Dr Tran
Banned

but..................................................................................................thats not right
Old 10-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #213
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

ur not right
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #214
Dr Tran
Banned

Righter than u
Old 10-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #215
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post

wet sheets, guilty eyes- cool song. I don't much like the patterns but it has replay value, won't deny that. maybe.
Really? I couldn't make them too technical because then there'd be a lotta jacks and extremely weird patterns. I tried to find a balance. Or maybe it's just the song. When there are lots of bursts you've gotta be kinda creative.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:23 AM   #216
moches
FFR Player

I dunno I just didn't find them very interesting (there's a limit to what you can do with kkrusty.) it's still pretty fun though. I accept

one review for a DJ Krazee coming up...

goblin- very enjoyable. a few minifreezes that are pretty hard to make out but I trust you know what you're doing. accep
Old 10-26-2009, 04:10 AM   #217
moches
FFR Player

oh yeah I just sent my first file in a while
Old 10-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #218
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

(who_cares973) Cette Anne
Pretty chill MA file. Accepted.

(Tsuka) Fire to the Eurobeat
Enjoyed the complex layering. Typical Tsuka file. Accepted.

(Moches) Flash Back 90's
Loved the xmod gimmicks and mines. Pretty fun file. Accepted.

(Scylaax) Samurai Beat (Blast)
Good song but file was pretty generic. Hands seem a bit overlayered. Maybe/Pending until I hear from other judges.

(Scylaax) Sorairo Days
rofl can't believe you stepped this. Solo was pretty alright though wasn't the best choice to step almost the full song. Should've cut it to the second half rather than stepping the beginning if you only wanted to do the solo. Because you didn't cut it, the file drags on and I lost interest quickly. Rejected.

(Scylaax) Untouchable Pariah
Didn't like your 24th+32nd bursts. File is pretty generic overall and lacks replay value IMO. Maybe/Pending until I hear from other judges.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:12 AM   #219
moches
FFR Player

samurai beat- although I like this song, I don't know if it would make a great file. past that, your layering gets a bit excessive at times (not every one of the background guitar minifreezes has to be layered as a note in itself ya know) and I didn't like the way you layered in the pan flute or whatever that was in that one part with the longer freezes. song choice reject

sora iro- like this file the best out of all three you sent. awesome song; stepped quite cleanly (love those hands you put which nail the song's pauses perfectly) and great solo. it's a bit overlong, but that actually works in your favor here as it climaxes well. you missed a few notes here and there but I'll look over that on my own and add those in later. also the beginning of the first verse is inconsistent.. accept with a few minor fixes

untouchable mariah carey- quit out. ugh. if I need to play any more BASS BASS BASS songs I think I'm going to start hating t+pazolite a lot reject
Old 10-27-2009, 06:29 AM   #220
Rin-Dude
Banned

pack revival (woah a week inactivity hehu)

100 sec kitchen battle: good file, but moches' still has ya beat. doesn't deliver much else. rejec

this year: well structured, fun parts, but feels a little naked with the lack of freezes. some parts get a little repetitive and tedious but some nice flow makes up for that later on. light accep

flashback 90's: xmodded. wow this is hard haha. probably cuz orbular doesnt do well with mines. oh well. accep

bakemonogatari: tbh i liked this. easy file but well composed and good flow. accep

road to you: gonna have to say no to this. not very fun nor does it have much flow. some parts are underlayered some overlayered. song choice =/

samurai blast: mostly 8th runs with intermittent 16ths. nothing that caught my eye. rejec

scream aim fire: ugh quit out of the first few measures. one handed trills with 32nds, then 16th trills with mini jacks in the middle. noooooooooo.

sorairo: wow this song again lmao. i like this version though. read review for cette annee since i feel the same about both. also if you could cut one of the choruses out to make it shorter and less repetitive it would probably be better.

untouchable perish: this is like one of tpz's worst songs. after tsugihagi i have high expectactions for a t+pazolite file from you haha. this just doesn't cut it. boring file =/ rejec
Rin-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote