Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Mythix
Default FFR Subby lottery?

I wasn't sure wether I should have posted this under "FFR General Talk" or FFR Events actually, but I landed on Events. If it's wrong, I apologize.

Secondly, I would like to hold a subscription lottery. It would be like this:

Prices rank 1 to 5:
3 months of subby on each spot.

Prices for rank 6 to 10*:
A mathematical refund/winning of credits.

* The math:
Firstly, I don't know how many would join. I am going to use a random number, say 40 persons join at a ticket price of 10k credits each lottery ticket.
Rank 6 to 10 is 5 winning ranks. 40 tickets, 10k credits is 400k credits in total gain.

Quote:
X1 - 275,000 = X2 (X1 = 400,000)

400,000 - 275,000 = 125,000
125,000 / 5 = 25,000
Which, as most of you figured, means that rank 6 and up to 10 will get 25,000 credits back.
The total credit gain will never exceed 400,000. That means the tickets will cost 400,000 / number of participants at the first round of the lottery. I'm planning on holding this lottery monthly for a few months forward. And yes, I will keep 275,000 of the credits myself. That means I'm charging 55,000 per 3 month subscription, which I find perfectly fair. I would still want the viewers feedback on this though, and it'll be edited accordingly to the major demand unless it ends up with, say, 100 one year subbys with 100 tickets at 1 credit each and so on. Let the critisism/feedback be constructive.

And yes, I'm not a subby myself at the moment but I will renew it if this lottery goes through. Since my name is completely unknown to most of you forum trolls, as I rarely use forums myself, I might occur as unthrustworthy and I can get one of my MP chat friends with abit more... "Creditability" to be the one that receives the credits and pass it to me once the subsciptions have been payed out...
And remember there's a chance your credits are completely in vain. AND I will put a limit on how many tickets one person can buy if the interest is extreme.

Sooo... Watcha think?

/Mythix.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
SCG67773
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR Subby lottery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythix View Post
I might occur as unthrustworthy and I can get one of my MP chat friends with abit more...
Unthrustworthy? What does your thrustworthiness have to do with anything?

As for the idea, it seems like some prices/amounts could be tweaked, but hey, it's your thing, not mine.

Good luck with it.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

Sounds fine I guess, as long as that price is competitive with the going 'rate' for credit/sub price.

Trustworthiness is not an issue as Tass can track credit transactions etc.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Mythix
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Mythix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerrilla View Post
Sounds fine I guess, as long as that price is competitive with the going 'rate' for credit/sub price.

Trustworthiness is not an issue as Tass can track credit transactions etc.
If I only had the knowledge you regular forumers have ;'( But I should have known Tass is almighty...

@SCGlotsanumbers, because sending your credits to someone you don't know isn't always the best idea...
Old 01-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

We don't allow user run lotteries. Sorry. If you want to give away subbies or credits, you can. If you want to transact with another user subbie for credits (or vice versa), use the sticky'd thread in General Talk.