View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 10:24 AM   #158
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219
Default Re: Song Corrections [NEED FEEDBACK]

Time to get things rolling. These past months, Crazyjayde and I went through the list looking for more mistakes and I'm glad to annouce that the list is 78% done. There's still a few corrections that I'm not sure about and they should be double-checked :

See the Google Docs here

- The is the first series of corrections concerning song titles, musicians and step authors.
- To suggest a modification, a correction or precision, comment in this thread and I will change the document as soon as I can.
- You can suggest modifications on genres and links, but they might be reserved for a later batch of corrections
- The first column is the link towards the wiki for more information about the song
- N219 : Noname219, CJ : Crazyjayde.
- In Red : Very few or no information about the song
- In Yellow : Some information but might still need a few more opinions on the correction
- In Green : Enough information was gathered and the corrections is deemed accurate
- In Grey : Classical songs; will be reserved for later

Here's a breakdown of the guidelines we used throughout the song list. There's a few exceptions but most of the songs follow the same rules. If you have questions I will be happy to answer them.

[2.2] About song names

At best, song titles should reflect what is showed on the first release appearance (digital or physical). If physical, a scan of the track list is usually the best possible source.

If we cannot display certain symbols in the engines (@, ç, É, ô, japanese characters, etc.), we have to substitute them with an equivalent.

Some songs (classical songs for example) are known under many aliases. For example, the full name of Molto Vivace is "Trancendental Étude No. 2" but is more commonly known as the first. We can use either of these two. This is subject to discussion, but we need to stay consistent. Personnally, I would prefer using the full version but this might lead to confusion.

Japanese songs can be romanized or translated. There's no strict requirements here because some songs do not translate well in english. If we're using a romanized title, we should only keep particles in lowercase (the rest should be capitalized).

Terms like [Light], [Standard] or [Heavy]* are a remnant of the widget system. We can decide to scrap them altogether and move to the "v" system (v2, v3, etc.) or keep it the way it is. Ideally, we should have only one system to differentiate between multiple files. [Editorial text] is commonly used everywhere.

[2.3] About artist names

The artist name should be what is displayed along with the song in question. If there's no clear information about the artist name, we can use the usual artist name. Also, many artists have aliases to distinguish between different styles of music and would prefer to use one of those akas.

If an artist has multiple songs in-game with variations on the same name (i.e. DJ Cristo and djcristo), they should be be written the same way for all the songs. Those are not considered aliases but variations.

Remixer, performer and feats. can be listed if we know about them. For classical songs, the slash system (Composer / Performer) should be used. Composers and arrangers for non-classical songs fall into a grey zone but as a general rule, they shouldn't be credited if they do not show up in sources.

also updated the first post

Last edited by noname219; 10-10-2015 at 10:34 AM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote