View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 03:44 AM   #3
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: VSYNC or not to VSYNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLiTz View Post
Is anyone else having this issue or any other suggestions OUTSIDE of what was mentioned in the guide. Also, it was mentioned to switch to the HYBRID version? I was looking around and I havent seen any info on how exactly to switch versions. Maybe I can get away with VSYNC on and buttery smooth note flow in the other version.
Hybrid version is available alongside the Normal version download link on the download page for FFR (it's on the right side). It's made with a different, older compiler that may be better for lag on specific hardware, but due to the age of it, it doesn't have a vsync option, so it is permanently stuck to its default, ON.

I still hold to my opinion that you should only use Hybrid if you absolutely need to. If you get coke lines (horizontal lines of note judges on the results page accuracy graph) with vsync on, then you should not use the Hybrid version. The vsync option being OFF is a feature exclusive to the Normal version of the engine, and problems there can be resolved with a little bit of elbow grease, as you mentioned.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll make sure to update my lag/stuttering post so people know where to find the Hybrid version, in-case they missed it on their initial download.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 07-23-2021 at 03:54 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote