Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Default Re: 14th Official Tournament Predictions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sff_writer_dan View Post
Still no aperson in D6, you fool!
Yo aperson, play more FFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by csoup1414 View Post
I was shocked to be originally in the top 8 algorithm. Even more shocked when you updated it and it moved me to top 6.

I was in D4 for 13 and 13.5, but I was placed in D3 this time. So I guess we will see.
The update to D3 was mainly caused by the inactivity of two of the projected winners in D3. It moved you up two places

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
The fact that I'm considered as top 8 by your algorithm shows that there's missing data in D8 lmao
So true. Limited data is the biggest flaw in the overall approach and unfortunately this is more frequent during OT times haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sff_writer_dan View Post
I mean, are the predictions just "The people who AAA'd round 1 are likely to do well"?
Nope, predictions are made based on the user's Top 100 scores. Any significant improvement there will bump the players up in the overall rated projections.

Again, these are only predictions. Don't take these predictions as gospel because anything can happen in the OT. rayword42 can skillboost to his doppelganger ULTIMEGA. choof can hurt himself again and get his cast put back on. Brasegali can skillboost to D8. Anything goes.

Myself, my gaming gear is in my apartment and I have to be in NYC with family to run important errands for a good while. I don't expect myself to get Top 8 this tourney even though my scripts are saying otherwise.

WirryWoo is offline   Reply With Quote