View Single Post
Old 07-6-2021, 05:34 PM   #1
WirryWoo
Forever Derbyless
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Default 14th Official Tournament Predictions Thread

Hey all, thought it's tradition to at least have one of these bad boys going for this OT

For those who aren't aware, I wrote a quick Python script to predict the winners for this OT (why not lmfao). Here are the results under three assumptions:

Assumptions:
• Current OT division placements are finalized (I'm aware that there may be minimal changes)
• Each user is currently at the skill rating level of what their Top 100 scores suggests
• Each user's Top 15 (which defines a player's overall rank) is representative of their current skill rating.

Predictions:

Top 8 of Division 1:
sff_writer_dan
SwedishMeatballs
Winterprison
The_Popo
Telnaior
Frans813
Fireo
Zeldagurlfan1

Top 8 of Division 2:
kainivy
LightLifeCheetah
TopeDogeWOW
chuckman
popo55
NapalmDaDon
HBar
Ksl33zy24

Top 8 of Division 3:
Viisbyxa
kiba1000
exchro
Psycast
anrai
flashflash master
tmgCryptX
csoup1414

Top 8 of Division 4:
A Cheap Lemon
katanaeyegaming
Brasegali
TheFFRPerson
Jonlovesddr
VisD
Zlyice
ositzxz369

Top 8 of Division 5:
Phynx
IwasAsquidOnce
justin_ator
PrawnSkunk
Jtehanonymous
snooches
Defluxit
Arbliterator

Top 8 of Division 6:
Ultimate Mike7
Hakulyte
LeftyRighty
FFR Pro 21
iironiic
awein999
radioamor
RagedBerserker

Top 8 of Division 7:
_Zenith_
Josemba
CallMeMessyy
Devilchilly
Aquellex
mi40
Godnick
Naheeno

Top 8 of Division 8:
AnMaO
Matthia
Elah
Eliminate294
Zoobin4
Yyorshire
SoFast
xXOpkillerXx

Additional thoughts:

Even though the predictions above contain some alignment to what I truly believe to be the winners of this OT, the assumptions made above are not necessarily true. I know some participants listed in my predictions who recently came back from hiatus and are attempting to derust. I also know some participants not listed in any of the lists above that can provide a strong showing based on their recent scores (recency bias at play here).

Because of this, I think the following players can potentially disprove the results of my Python script (unfortunately, I don't know much about the competition below D6, so I'll refrain from making wild guesses here)

• aperson [D6]
• jh05013 [D6]
• cup [D7]
• Eryyy [D7]
• XtraFestive [D8]

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about your own predictions for this OT or comment on how accurate you think the results above are.

WirryWoo is offline   Reply With Quote