View Single Post
Old 01-8-2016, 11:39 PM   #17
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: So apparently people are mad that Stepmania was on AGDQ

Quote:
The biggest thing that has been said as a point is:

If you thought that a different rhythm game such as IIDX or pop'n or LR2 or w/e should have been showcased, then you should have gotten someone to offer it up to AGDQ.

Games Done Quick is not done on an invite basis, but is completely voluntary, and you have to go through the process of putting up your segment and hoping that it goes through selection. Thinking that this is a "slap in the face" is pretty much disregarding all the work that Staiain did to A) get stepmania into AGDQ, B) travel all the way over to the US to showcase this, and C) the fact that there's literally no downside to the extra exposure that stepmania gets - it definitely doesn't negatively impact any other rhythm based game. I don't think we ever said once in the stream that stepmania was representative of all video games. I even introduced it as a "DDR Clone for the PC" not "the best rhythm game and only one that should have been showcased in AGDQ".

//minirant

seriously though, i hope that people who were complaining about not having a different rhythm game showcased, or that it "wasn't impressive compared to other games", then go use this as a platform. Staiain set a massive precedent, getting a fucking rhythm game into a speedrunning marathon. We all know it's possible, so instead of complaining and feeling insulted, choose to feel inspired. Also, who cares that you didn't think it was impressive. We raised over $10,000 dollars during our 30 minute segment, and the second highest viewcount of AGDQ history, right behind mario maker which was yesterday. And if you look at the graphs of viewer count, mario maker spiked at the beginning, then dwindled below 200k. stepmania literally climbed higher and higher throughout the whole entire segment.

Complaining about stepmania being showcased can be equated to complaining that 10,000 dollars were donated towards preventing cancer. take a step back and look at the bigger picture, won't you.
something i said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote